Armor Conversions for YII - Techniques-Labors *COTS*

Messing around with ECE I think I like racemenu better. Though this was kind of fun and funny.  

post-25667-0-84658300-1364335631_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-82437200-1364335640_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-77229000-1364335646_thumb.jpg

Found this while rummaging through my junk. 

post-25667-0-19019400-1364335742_thumb.jpg

I believe it's called the nyx armor only thing that sucks about it is that it uses 3 plugin slots because it uses 3 different outfits to make it all the parts are there for each plugin but most make your body turn invisible you have to search for each piece that is being used to make the outfit. This is with racemenu 

post-25667-0-02763900-1364336081_thumb.jpg

these are without racemenu and with ECE instead. 

post-25667-0-31037600-1364336148_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-38054900-1364336155_thumb.jpg

I think the racemenu one looks better.Found this set and tried it out for fun.

post-25667-0-64263400-1364336421_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-61145100-1364336430_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-71808000-1364336446_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-70765400-1364336472_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-56725500-1364336495_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-37474100-1364336506_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-20237500-1364336544_thumb.jpg

Yes Its a Dress

For X117 slider and UNP

Its  the Khaleesi's dress. Simply because I like it. Its been reduced in poly count down to a somewhat reasonable size.  Craftable at the tanning-rack and listed as fancy dress. It is only clothing, not armor. You will die wearing it. I did. 

Ignore the gaps at my wrist. My hands have stopped scaling up, have not figured out why yet. 

post-51948-0-46296700-1364343072_thumb.jpg   post-51948-0-73466300-1364343079_thumb.jpg   post-51948-0-03822100-1364343084_thumb.jpg

post-51948-0-20450200-1364343089_thumb.jpg   post-51948-0-34483700-1364343093_thumb.jpg  post-51948-0-44453900-1364343097_thumb.jpg

https://mega.co.nz/#!ttdBULIa!LWTajFvjciE9UusEFFkCJVOgrSAhR-qFC0Bkdimqbv0

lostdaywalker, on 26 Mar 2013 - 16:50, said:
I think so as well. More options is not necessarily a good thing. Cute, good looking eyeshine.

Where the hell do you find all this stuff? .....I take it back, I don't want to know. I got enough on my plate as is.

Nyx armor is actually from the nexus I just did a search there and found it. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25980 The last set I found on 3dm somewhere. 

Messing around with ECE I think I like racemenu better. Though this was kind of fun and funny.  

I believe it's called the nyx armor only thing that sucks about it is that it uses 3 plugin slots because it uses 3 different outfits to make it all the parts are there for each plugin but most make your body turn invisible you have to search for each piece that is being used to make the outfit. This is with racemenu 

O_o how'd you manage to get the morphs to work in ece? was it the ece cme mod? or just the non cme version of the mod?

requiemfang, on 26 Mar 2013 - 23:01, said:

myuhinny, on 26 Mar 2013 - 15:23, said:

2013-03-26_00003.jpg2013-03-26_00002.jpg2013-03-26_00004.jpg

2013-03-22_00002.jpg

2013-03-19_00006.jpg

2013-03-26_00005.jpg2013-03-26_00006.jpg

2013-03-17_00004.jpg2013-03-17_00005.jpg2013-03-17_00006.jpg2013-03-17_00007.jpg2013-03-17_00008.jpg2013-03-17_00009.jpg2013-03-17_00011.jpg

O_o how'd you manage to get the morphs to work in ece? was it the ece cme mod? or just the non cme version of the mod?

You mean the fangs? I used ECE and realalistic teeth when I installed the ECE I told it no when it wanted to overwrite the mouth parts. Then changed to a vampire and then move the chin and up mouth to where they stuck out of the mouth.

Related to armor is there any easy way to make UNP or UNP Skinny meshed armors work better for CoTS R3, or is it likely to be too much effort?

I'm not even asking if any of the CoTS folks would do it since that'd be a huge distraction and I'd rather not do that since I really do want the CoTS update, and new CoTS armors, to come out. If there's an "easy" (read: not more than an hour per mesh? Or even an automagic way?) way to do it that could be explained to a total newbie like myself I might be interested in taking on some armor adaptations myself.

I already run UNP Skinny, and all UNP resources where I can find them, but there are plenty done in what I consider "the old way" that don't even match UNP very well due to the body hard wired inside the armor being done long before UNP Skinny or CBBE Slim were around to take into consideration. "Newer" adaptations seem to work fine with anything you can do to the slider, and I'd like to be able to fix that sort of thing for both UNP Skinny and CoTS if possible.

Is that something worth while or is an idiot mangling meshes the last thing you guys need? :D

Related to armor is there any easy way to make UNP or UNP Skinny meshed armors work better for CoTS R3, or is it likely to be too much effort?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about getting the chest slider to work on the ones that dont? 

Newmiller sure has been busy.

attachicon.gif

Gee... I wonder where most of those meshes originally  comes from?  

lostdaywalker, on 27 Mar 2013 - 14:07, said:

JerWA, on 27 Mar 2013 - 09:07, said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about getting the chest slider to work on the ones that dont?

myuhinny, on 27 Mar 2013 - 12:35, said:
Newmiller sure has been busy.

Gee... I wonder where most of those meshes originally comes from?

Probably daz free resources or handmade.

2 new outfits uploaded to the what mod is this thread.

Nice the first outfit I like a lot :D Looks familiar though is that one of Hentai's armors?

Also a bit of a concern of mine that I have and this is directed at lostdaywalker. A lot of the clothing armors are made via the tanning rack but they really clutter up the misc tab especially when I wanna tan some hides into leather or make leather straps. I have to scroll down a long way in order to get to them though. Is it possible to put all the clothing addons to some other tab? So the misc isn't so cluttered?

I don't even know how to fully explain what I mean due to my lack of knowledge. Basically I've noticed that newer armor updates or re-meshes appear to adapt much better to body shape even when not necessarily meant for it. As an example I'm running plenty of UNP armors that adapt just fine to my UNP Skinny body. Unfortunately there are also some, mostly in older mods, that despite being meant for UNP do not adapt to UNP Skinny at all. There is a body inherent in the armor and that body doesn't appear to be as adjustable as the newer stuff. It's almost as if there was a slider range in mind when the armor was meshed and that range doesn't go far enough.

Primarily it's most noticeable in the chest, yes, because you can see an immediate pair of breasts appear that weren't there a second ago. But I've noticed a few other areas that don't like one change or another in the body as well. In the R2 CoTS for instance, there were a few UNP armors that had feet or leg clipping issues.

I don't know if that's something fixable; if the methods/tools got better or if it's just my perception that the newer works appear more flexible. If it's something that can be fixed and it's just a matter of someone caring enough to sink the time into it, I'd be willing to take a stab at some of that. But someone is going to have to show me the way. :D I'm not afraid of reading or tutorial videos, so even just a starting point would work.

Bonus prize would be if it's possible to make an armor mesh that accounts for everything from CoTS up to some low weight (or 0) UNP Skinny. The goal would be to be able to replace some stock armors, and some custom armors, with a meshed version that would work well for the PC as CoTS and NPCs/Followers as UNP Skinny. I don't think it would work with CoTS Flat up to UNP Skinny, the geometry changes too much? Correct me if I'm wrong.

All that said, sorry for the huge reply, let me know if I should delete it and take this offline with someone to avoid derailing the thread. :)

requiemfang, on 27 Mar 2013 - 19:56, said:

myuhinny, on 27 Mar 2013 - 15:58, said:
2 new outfits uploaded to the what mod is this thread.

2013-03-27_00031.jpg2013-03-27_00033.jpg2013-03-27_00032.jpg

Nice the first outfit I like a lot Looks familiar though is that one of Hentai's armors?

Also a bit of a concern of mine that I have and this is directed at lostdaywalker. A lot of the clothing armors are made via the tanning rack but they really clutter up the misc tab especially when I wanna tan some hides into leather or make leather straps. I have to scroll down a long way in order to get to them though. Is it possible to put all the clothing addons to some other tab? So the misc isn't so cluttered?

I don't think so it looks similar but most nightingale armors on the nexus have that wing design and it would be pretty easy to make something similar to it. When I get a chance I have to throw the boots which are heel type boots into gimp to fix the textures. You can't see that they are heel type because they are underground.

JerWA, on 27 Mar 2013 - 20:13, said:

lostdaywalker, on 27 Mar 2013 - 14:07, said:

JerWA, on 27 Mar 2013 - 09:07, said:

I don't even know how to fully explain what I mean due to my lack of knowledge. Basically I've noticed that newer armor updates or re-meshes appear to adapt much better to body shape even when not necessarily meant for it. As an example I'm running plenty of UNP armors that adapt just fine to my UNP Skinny body. Unfortunately there are also some, mostly in older mods, that despite being meant for UNP do not adapt to UNP Skinny at all. There is a body inherent in the armor and that body doesn't appear to be as adjustable as the newer stuff. It's almost as if there was a slider range in mind when the armor was meshed and that range doesn't go far enough.

Primarily it's most noticeable in the chest, yes, because you can see an immediate pair of breasts appear that weren't there a second ago. But I've noticed a few other areas that don't like one change or another in the body as well. In the R2 CoTS for instance, there were a few UNP armors that had feet or leg clipping issues.

I don't know if that's something fixable; if the methods/tools got better or if it's just my perception that the newer works appear more flexible. If it's something that can be fixed and it's just a matter of someone caring enough to sink the time into it, I'd be willing to take a stab at some of that. But someone is going to have to show me the way. I'm not afraid of reading or tutorial videos, so even just a starting point would work.

Bonus prize would be if it's possible to make an armor mesh that accounts for everything from CoTS up to some low weight (or 0) UNP Skinny. The goal would be to be able to replace some stock armors, and some custom armors, with a meshed version that would work well for the PC as CoTS and NPCs/Followers as UNP Skinny. I don't think it would work with CoTS Flat up to UNP Skinny, the geometry changes too much? Correct me if I'm wrong.

All that said, sorry for the huge reply, let me know if I should delete it and take this offline with someone to avoid derailing the thread.

It might be because older mods didn't have slider options or that they only used 1 or 2 weight options when they made it. I have seen unp armors that didn't look like unp. The COTS armor were made to be compatible with the COTS body any other body type might have clipping or something was missed when it was made. Can't remember if they were updated to the new COTS body or not. With any armor it can be hit and miss on whether it will look good with the body that you are using. Most use unp and only some that use unp skinny. Too many body sizes out there and many will just pick one some times 2 and on rare occasions more then that. You will always notice chest variations simple because they used a different weight setting. Almost all change body size to a extent some more noticeable then others.

LDW maybe already asked, but is it good idea to use texture optimizer on outfit textures

as i see optimizer convert DXT5 and a8r8g8b8 into DXT1 mostly

from internets:

Well DXT1 files are basically 4 times smaller than equivalent DXT5 ones (due to compresion algorythms, no or 1bit alpha mask basically).
DXT1 only support opaque or 1 bit alpha mask (meaning some 1 pixels could be 100% opaque or 100% transparent and no trade off).
DXT5 support 8bit transparency (256 shades of transparency) or 1bit (as I discovered lately).

sounds like bad things or not really :)?

post-81353-0-63557300-1364487770_thumb.png

JerWA, on 27 Mar 2013 - 23:10, said:

I think its largely just skill. As time went on people got more familiar with working with how the weighting system works. Original people were using just the existing vanilla weights and swapping them instead of other better ways. Just like everything else, as time goes on people are getting better and there is more information out there on how to do it.  As for clipping issues,, some are an easy fix some are not.. Each one is its own special case.  As for an armor with no chest slider.  That takes only a little more work, because there are two armors, one for the min. weight and one for the max weight. 

The picture you used for "Yes it's a dress" is amazing. Nice work as always!

:D  Esay shot

Step 1  Play on master level with 90% kill move chance and Last enemy option off.

Step 2  Spawn 20 bandits.

Step 3  Die 9 times in a row. :(

Step 4  God mode

LDW maybe already asked, but is it good idea to use texture optimizer on outfit textures

as i see optimizer convert DXT5 and a8r8g8b8 into DXT1 mostly

sounds like bad things or not really :)?

I leave it up to evetybody to do with it as the please. Its easier to downscale than upscale. Most of the time DTX 5 is not needed. Unless you are going for the absloutely best in screenshots, when playing the game you will not notice the diffrence. Drow armor is a great example. 4K textures in DTX 5. Great detail, but you will never see it unless you are standing still and have the lighting just right.  95% of the time its just all black.

Is UBB-x117 the children of the sky mod? I tried searching for x117 and UBB-x117 and found nothing sorry if its a stupid question

Yes UBB-X117 stands for Unblessed Body.  Its just a nicer than saying flat.  Call a girl flat and your libel to get your teeth kicked in. :lol:

Boy this takes awhile decided to transfer files to mega from my hd I'm still in the same dang folder I started with this morning and still have 30 folders to go. :-/

*Edit well I guess some good has come from being in the same folder all day. I finally figured out what the frick was wrong with that ruby armor that we tried to fix and get working. I noticed many weapon mods that I have had that same heebie jeebie bug crawling over item effect. Upon closer inspection of those weapons they appeared to have a plexy glass look to them and right clicking and hitting remove got rid of the heebie jeebies. So I tried my new knowledge out and loaded up the ruby outfit once again threw it's ass into nifskope and went to town. This is the new and improved look. So whatever that layer is that they added to the armor was the cause of it.

post-25667-0-09906700-1364529271_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-11085100-1364529325_thumb.jpg

Did the purple and diamond just to see how they would look. Only the gold and silver do not have that layer on them.

post-25667-0-09063400-1364536002_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-16657300-1364536034_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-71939500-1364536079_thumb.jpg