Be careful with downloading anything from rapidgator

Guest Vendayn

Guest Vendayn

Be careful with downloading from rapidgator. A skyrim mod here had a link to rapidgator, probably a few of them link to it. It installed spyware onto my PC, but I was able to get rid of it. Auto installed a downloader program without my consent. Gave me a redirect virus when trying to search for things to some custom search engine, changed all my search engines I keep for quick searches. Changed all three of my browsers (chrome, firefox and internet explorer) even with a rather hefty virus protection on my pc+noscripts+no popups.

Something called Browsie2suayve that came from rapidgator. I searched for it on google and only two results came up. So it is really new. Was rather easy to remove, however.

(edit: also, look for browsetosave, click2save, savebyclick and justplug. These all came from the same source. I only had browsetosave and Browsie2sauyve from rapidgator, not the other ones.)

If anyone 100% confirms these are from rapidgator (which my browsers only changed after getting a mod hosted there), I recommend blocking the site on here. Others could get infected, if indeed rapidgator has turned into a malicious site.

browse2save is not new also Many sites are doing this now not just rapidgator, buying memberships will soon be the only way to avoid being treated like a garbage dump. Rapid is also being flagged by google and microsoft (i noticed this a couple weeks ago when I tried to DL a Jenna J clip.) you should have received a notice from them about the download being malicious. You might want to check your security settings if you did not

Archived