Questions about paintings gallery

Hi guys, I am in the process of replacing all of the fallout paintings with my own "tasty" collection, and looking at existing mods there are a couple of unclear things:

For Abstract, Generic and Institute pictures the majority seem to be in 512x256 resolution, however sometimes in Generic I see some in 1024x512. I obviously would like the best quality for my pictures, so would it be ok to make all of them at 1024x512, or the game won't support it?

Also all of the replacer mods do not seem to include the Pickman pictures. As much as I love those, after 10 playthroughs I'd like to replace them as well, giving me additional free 12 slots for square pictures (without adding yet another esp). Does anyone know their precise names? Logically thinking if Abstract1 is PaintingAbstract01_d.dds, Pickman1 would be PaintingPickman01_d.dds, but would be great to know for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

On my Fable Paintings mod on Nexus I went all the way up to 3840x2160 texture resolution, and the game handles it fine.

Keep in mind, though, that if you're going to have many textures that size you must put them into a ba2 archive else the game will crash trying to load them all.

Also the scale must be exact to the pixel. For instance, 3840x2160 would be fine, but 3840x2159 or 3840x2161 could crash the game.

p.s. In short, just keep the exact proportions of what you're replacing, but you can upscale it if you wish.

• 1 month later...

Some of the paintings are displayed in game different from the aspect ratio and cropping in the texture files. I think this is mainly the abstract series, but I could be wrong.

Also AFAIK FO4 still uses square tex files, eg 1024x1024x to 4096x4096. But the aspect of the mesh may be eg 4:3, so you have to create a reverse-stretched version of the texture to display correctly in-game.