How to gain more FPS ? (Modlist included)

My current Modlist - modlist.txt

* Deleted all Enhanced Character Edit plugins to make it work with Racemenu. Now it uses head meshes from ECE.

* About 50 currently active mods are related to Sexlab, Flower girls and Player homes/new locations mod.

Using Both SMP, CBPS Mods for outfit+body collisions 

* Only those CBBE Outfits that don't crash game, or show extreme clippings on the UNPB Body(i have only one default body mod), are installed.

I use  both LOOT and MO2. Yesterday, i installed SSE FPS Stabilizer main file, then overwrited it with low config file, in which i made three changes on the basis of VSync (now enabled) in enblocal.ini with bLockFramerate=0 setting inserted in the DISPLAY section of Mod Organizer's Skyrim.ini -

My Edited SSE Fps Stabilizer.ini

[Settings]

EnableLog = 1                        #This prints the current config change action in the log file. May be used for testing if the config setting is applied. Config file is located at: "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\SSEFpsStabilizerPlugin.log"

FPSStabilizerEnabled = 1            #Set this to 0 if you only want to use console feature of this mod.

TargetFps = 60                        #This is the target fps we are trying to achieve. Decimal value.

(My Laptop's screen refresh rate is 60 Hz.)

FPSChangeThreshold = 0.5                #This is the fps change required for checking if a different level setting is more suitable. Decimal value.

6 hours ago, dewx said:

Using Both SMP, CBPS Mods for outfit+body collisions 

SMP can shred your FPS. Overusing it will have a performance impact

The same goes for an ENB, ENBs always cost a few FPS (at least ~10)

- Are you using BethINI?

- SSE Engine Fixes?

- SSE Fixes?

- I recommend using either "SSE Display Tweaks" or use fullscreen mode, that can also help with FPS

- .. and Low Resolution Particles (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2388) e.g. for areas around Riften

- Are you using BethINI? 

- Each mod you download has impact on overall performance, this goes especially for high reso texture mods and mods that add a lot of cluter (

On 8/8/2020 at 8:31 PM, Scrab said:

SMP can shred your FPS. Overusing it will have a performance impact

The same goes for an ENB, ENBs always cost a few FPS (at least ~10)

I only use ENBoost. 

Is CBPC sufficient for working collisions ?

On 8/8/2020 at 8:31 PM, Scrab said:

- Are you using BethINI?

- SSE Engine Fixes?

- SSE Fixes?

I am using SSE Display Tweaks,  SSE Fixes and SSE Engine Fixes. Just installed Low Resolution Particles mod.

How to set BethINI to work with Mod organizer ?

2 hours ago, dewx said:

Is CBPC sufficient for working collisions ?

Depends how much you want. SMP is definetly higher quality in terms of physics, but it is heavier 

I noted it because some people have major FPS issues due to it, I personally lose basically no FPS

2 hours ago, dewx said:

How to set BethINI to work with Mod organizer ?

BethIni is an external .ini editor, you close MO2 and start it through its own .exe, then you choose one of the presets and further adjust it to your likings -> Save and exit -> ??? -> Profit

Make sure that in your MO2 profile settings, you disable the option to use "Profle specific .in files", so that MO2 uses the default ones which have been edited by BethIni

Spoiler

image.png.53b04efa2c12c7d439a8067e0c8afee5.png

On 8/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, Scrab said:

Depends how much you want. SMP is definetly higher quality in terms of physics, but it is heavier 

Does CBPC support clothing collisions ?

On 8/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, Scrab said:

Make sure that in your MO2 profile settings, you disable the option to use "Profle specific .in files", so that MO2 uses the default ones which have been edited by BethIni

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.53b04efa2c12c7d439a8067e0c8afee5.png

I tried all of its presets but in-game, there is a big red square around player.

Should, yes. If the clothes support CBPC

On 8/10/2020 at 12:46 PM, dewx said:

I tried all of its presets but in-game, there is a big red square around player.

Ehh? Lemme guess, youre using CBBE 3BA or CBBE SMP and disabled HDT SMP

If you dont want to use SMP anymore, you have to get rid of anything that uses HDT physics (such as 3BA)

On 8/12/2020 at 3:47 AM, Scrab said:

Ehh? Lemme guess, youre using CBBE 3BA or CBBE SMP and disabled HDT SMP

Now i am only playing with CBPC. SMP disabled, and using UNP only as it is more easy to manage. I have resized every game item to its smallest possible resolution with Blank Normal Maps for SSE Mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33353). However, i would like to increase only my player character appearance detail. How should i do it ?

On 8/12/2020 at 3:47 AM, Scrab said:

If you dont want to use SMP anymore, you have to get rid of anything that uses HDT physics (such as 3BA)

I did before installing UNP. But, Is it generally bad to use CBBE clothing on UNP bodies ? not all of them show major clipping though. 

What that mod does isnt resizing "every game item to its smallest possible resolution"

The normal map is primarily used for lightning techniques, giving items some shadows and illusion of depth without actually doing anything to the model

Im starting to wonder how desperate you actually are for FPS

When you want to reduce the texture size, the most extreme thing you can do is: tps://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29185

11 hours ago, dewx said:

But, Is it generally bad to use CBBE clothing on UNP bodies

CBBE and UNP are incompatible, using CBBE clothes with a UNP body wont corrupt your game or anything but if the CBBE clothing shows just a small amount of skin theres a realistic chance of some very weird graphic issues. I wont give you a straight yes or no here, its a question about aesthetics

Theres also this issue with the body shape being different

Im starting to wonder how desperate you actually are for FPS

That's true. However, due to some of following  script-intensive  mods, i assume More FPS are being wasted.  Which ones should i remove, or replace with better alternatives ?

Vanilla Rain and Snow remade.

R.A.S.S - Rain ash and snow shaders.

CG4 - Snow effects.

Obsidian weathers.

Skyrim is Windy.

Wet and Cold.

Ineed -food, water and sleep.

Realistic needs and diseases.

Cutting room floor (with patchs).

Even Better Quest Objectives.

Wintersun with SexLab Integration.

Interactive Clutter.

AmorousAdventures.

Dangerous Nights.

Apropos.

SexLab Adventures.

Apocalype.

SexLab Defeat

SexLab Attraction

SLab Confabulation 

Sexlab Eager NPCs 

Sexlab Matchmaker

SexLab Romance 

SpectatorCrowdsUltra

SexLab AddActor

The Book Of Sex

Dovahkiins Infamy

When you want to reduce the texture size, the most extreme thing you can do is: tps://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29185

Whoa! guess then there will also be a mod somewhere that actually turns entire Skyrim to look like the infamous Black N White Charlie Chaplin's Comedy xD

if the CBBE clothing shows just a small amount of skin theres a realistic chance of some very weird graphic issues. I wont give you a straight yes or no here, its a question about aesthetics. Theres also this issue with the body shape being different

Regarding different body shapes, it should be possible in outfit studio to edit, recolor Skyrim outfits in every possible way, probably.

5 hours ago, dewx said:

That's true. However, due to some of following  script-intensive  mods, i assume More FPS are being wasted.

The amount of scripts in your game have barely any impact on actual playing performance.. This is a fairly common misconception, so let me explain:

A script only has a weight on the engine when its active and a lot of scripts are usually inactive. A mod like SL Framework has almost 0 impact on the game because its scripts are only active on startup or when they are being called (e.g. to start a scene) unlike a needs mod which usually has a script active all the time for its internal cycle (increase sleep, hunger, etc)

- "So the needs mod is the one that has most impact on performance?"

No, beyond just "wether or not a script is active" theres also the "how well is it written" aspect of a script. Does it close its functions properly, does it do stuff with your game that have lasting consequences? -> Does it clean up whatever its doing? Frostfall is one of the script "heaviest" mods in the game, its performance impact however is neglectable. On the other hand I can write you a mod in less than 30 min with only 1 script and less than 50 lines of code that completely fcks your game

The question you have to ask yourself when it comes to performance is how well written this script is. How fast is it and how much does it want from the engine, does it do anything to the game that it doesnt clean up later? 

Majority of the game is run by scripts, thats something people tend to forget. The Vanilla game contains 14k scripts + the stuff the engine is doing. It doesnt care if you throw in another 500 scripts, or even another 1 000. Its all about how well that script is written and how often its active. Mods with a single scipt that poll once every 5 seconds for something are significantly heavier than a mod that adds 200 scripts that only runs 1 poll every 6 ingame hours

Scripts usually only show that theyre there on startup - when the game loads them all up - and when saving, as scripts are being baked into the save. If you dont have any issues with that, I would just ignore it

The things that really cause performance issues for the average user are things like overusing SMP, high resolution texture packs or mods that add a bunch of models to the game (JKs Skyrim, Dark Forst of Skyrim, Expanded Towns and Cities, etcpp)

The things your game has to render are significantly more impactful on performance than running a few scripts, the dangerous part about scripts is what they can do to a save over the course of an entire playthrough. Once models are unloaded theyre gone but the things a script does can stay for the entirety of the playthrough and if those things stack up, you will end up having issues

Scripts usually corrupt a game like a virus, slowly creeping its way through your save whereas models & textures are more like a sledgehammer to the face approach 

5 hours ago, dewx said:

Whoa! guess then there will also be a mod somewhere that actually turns entire Skyrim to look like the infamous Black N White Charlie Chaplin's Comedy xD

:)

5 hours ago, dewx said:

Regarding different body shapes, it should be possible in outfit studio to edit, recolor Skyrim outfits in every possible way, probably.

You can search or create a preset thats identical to the UNP body, sure. There is always a chance however that some things might glitch out, thats just how it is

22 hours ago, Scrab said:

The things that really cause performance issues for the average user are things like overusing SMP, high resolution texture packs or mods that add a bunch of models to the game (JKs Skyrim, Dark Forst of Skyrim, Expanded Towns and Cities, etcpp)

So its just like with Interesting NPC's mod. It is 2 GB+ in size and caused major lag when i just had 80 mods only. Had to uninstall it. Would have been nice if there was a light version or similar mods that actually gives a unique personality to Npc.

The things your game has to render are significantly more impactful on performance than running a few scripts, the dangerous part about scripts is what they can do to a save over the course of an entire playthrough. Once models are unloaded theyre gone but the things a script does can stay for the entirety of the playthrough and if those things stack up, you will end up having issues

Scripts usually corrupt a game like a virus, slowly creeping its way through your save whereas models & textures are more like a sledgehammer to the face approach.

Is it not possible to continue playing Skyrim for months without having to launch a new game every time ? 

18 hours ago, dewx said:

Is it not possible to continue playing Skyrim for months without having to launch a new game every time ? 

Thats not what I said

What I wrote was about the "badly written scripts", you can have as many hours in a game as you want (assuming your hard drive can keep up with the size of your save file) with a stable setup. Not all scripts cause issues, in fact: Most are totally fine. You can always make things better but overthinking the worst possible isnt exactly a healthy approach

Once you have a stable mod setup that keeps you satisfied, you can play a game for hundreds with no issues. You need to know what mods you want and what your PC can handle. People modding their game beyond their PCs limitations is usually why people have lag

On 8/14/2020 at 3:49 PM, Scrab said:

You can always make things better but overthinking the worst possible isnt exactly a healthy approach

Well, playing such abnormal games isn't exactly healthy for a person with sound mentality either but whatever. Its all downhill from here anyway so one could hardly blame.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:49 PM, Scrab said:

Once you have a stable mod setup that keeps you satisfied, you can play a game for hundreds with no issues. You need to know what mods you want and what your PC can handle. People modding their game beyond their PCs limitations is usually why people have lag

There is also the case of a mod itself being bad and causing lags. Above 2 GB mods are guarenteed to get lags and crashes. Oldrim was impossible to enjoy with them. In SE, atleast for testing purpose, its fine to mess with huge mods a bit, as there is a limit to everything i suppose.