Horizon Zero Dawn Modding Thread

6 hours ago, dartha3 said:

Also, any tips or suggestions to keep in mind for getting the mods to work/show up for a new player who has never played the game would be nice too!

Most newbie friendly is either Orangy's mod from Nexus or this older version of Positron's mod from Nexus:

Both can be simply unpacked into the Packed_DX12 folder of the game (and just as easily be removed).

Both modify the Nora Brave outfit which you will get automatically very early in the game (Orangy's also modifies many others).

2 hours ago, StuRedman said:

Both can be simply unpacked into the Packed_DX12 folder of the game (and just as easily be removed).

Both modify the Nora Brave outfit which you will get automatically very early in the game (Orangy's also modifies many others).

Thank you so much and it's really kind of you to share the easy drop version of Positron's too! Amazing to be able to just make a start without having to figure any tools out. :relaxed:

8 hours ago, IronStrawberry56 said:

Thicc Aloy mod is down, right when I was going to start my first NewGame+. ?

These mods are amazing. Playing through the story with Aloy naked all the time looked seamless, like that's how the game was designed. 

How is it "down"?  It was never on nexus, as it's just a model edit of orangy's mod.  It should still be available on page 20 of this thread.

Edited by Toofster
3 hours ago, codynreed said:

These mods make this game so replayble!
STEP ON ME MOMMY ALOY ???

20210702191339_1.jpg

I'm glad you're enjoying it a little too much?.  Also, that reminds me, I need to tidy up the neck seam and finish this thing properly at some point.

9 hours ago, Toofster said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it a little too much?.  Also, that reminds me, I need to tidy up the neck seam and finish this thing properly at some point.

Thank you for this mod dude. I'm enjoying it way too much ???

20210703135925_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

Hmmm ... what a strange thread ... the game only has a couple of nude mods but people can't stop raving about those couple of Nexus mods, and there are no more new (dirty) content for the game. 

That's because, up until very recently, it's been a difficult and time consuming process to mod this game, due to having to match the vertex and face count of the existing models for each LOD.  You should see more mods appearing soon, as this issue seems to have been solved.

5 hours ago, somemods4me said:

Has anyone gotten this to work with complete edition?

That's the version I have, I didn't do anything special. I followed directions and pretty much every mod I have tried has worked. Something's up on your end.

1 hour ago, Budz said:

That's the version I have, I didn't do anything special. I followed directions and pretty much every mod I have tried has worked. Something's up on your end.

I did follow the instructions to a T and it either crashes or does infinite loading. I used the Decima Explorer and followed the instructions in the link: 

https://www.nexusmods.com/horizonzerodawn/mods/60?tab=description

I have tried the same with other mods after restoring my Initial.bin file. So I don't know what the issue is. I appreciate any advice or help you can provide.

On 7/3/2021 at 5:37 AM, Toofster said:

That's because, up until very recently, it's been a difficult and time consuming process to mod this game, due to having to match the vertex and face count of the existing models for each LOD.  You should see more mods appearing soon, as this issue seems to have been solved.

Well, that would be cool, because it is a good game.   

Edited by Sneaksmile
On 7/3/2021 at 5:37 AM, Toofster said:

What plans do you have for new Mods? 

10 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

What plans do you have for new Mods? 

Well, I'm not a modder as such, I'm more of a "tweaker"?.  Depending on how straightforward it gets, I'd like to do a less nude thicc Aloy.  I don't get much free time, so no promises.

16 hours ago, somemods4me said:

I did follow the instructions to a T and it either crashes or does infinite loading. I used the Decima Explorer and followed the instructions in the link: 

https://www.nexusmods.com/horizonzerodawn/mods/60?tab=description

I have tried the same with other mods after restoring my Initial.bin file. So I don't know what the issue is. I appreciate any advice or help you can provide.

All I can suggest is a clean install and then try orangy's explicit outfits mod, which doesn't involve patching the initial.bin and is just a drag and drop install.  Beyond that, it's a bit of a mystery.

1 hour ago, Toofster said:

Well, I'm not a modder as such, I'm more of a "tweaker"?.  Depending on how straightforward it gets, I'd like to do a less nude thicc Aloy.  I don't get much free time, so no promises.

Which is the difference between Modder and Tweaker? 

1 hour ago, Shoneleven said:

Tweaker only edit existing mods, maybe alter texture little bit, change shape of model. nothing major.

What he said.  I edited orangy's base nude model to produce the thicc version and used it to learn how blender and the decima tools work.  I would like to learn more and do a proper mod at some point.

Even something relatively simple like that takes several hours when you're a noob?.  All good fun though.

Edited by Toofster
9 minutes ago, eleanor rigby said:

I have to be honest. I bought the game because of the existing nude mods. But in the end it doesn't come down to a TOMB RAIDER. Aloy runs from north to south, from right to left to complete  any quests.ThaTs all ? A very very big world, but what for ?e.

What do you mean? You don't find the game interesting? I don't get the Tomb Raider reference, maybe I'm missing something in your message? Just curious. Cheers.

On 7/1/2021 at 3:37 PM, Toofster said:

How is it "down"?  It was never on nexus, as it's just a model edit of orangy's mod.  It should still be available on page 20 of this thread.

it is actually down.i just tried downloading it as well and its unavailable.

13 hours ago, eleanor rigby said:

I have to be honest. I bought the game because of the existing nude mods. But in the end it doesn't come down to a TOMB RAIDER. 

Most games aren't. Look for routes that involve taking the climbing paths, or in a pinch, crouch when heading up steep hills, it's cute. I'm pretty much in the opposite camp - I'm very happy having Aloy traverse the world. I barely ever use a mount.

1 hour ago, EndlessIX said:

it is actually down.i just tried downloading it as well and its unavailable.

That's curious, I just downloaded it again without a problem and the download counter is still going up.

Can anyone else on here please confirm whether it's working or not?