Adding HDT Vagina to Custom Race

Hi,

currently trying to HDT-fy the vagina of Triss, but it won't work with simply changing the nifs with my working body/vagina for the vanilla races.

I'm definitely replacing the right nifs as I can clearly see the change (even the missing texture for the HDT part of the pussy).

Am I missing a step or am I overlooking something?

1 hour ago, lilrussak said:

Hi,

currently trying to HDT-fy the vagina of Triss, but it won't work with simply changing the nifs with my working body/vagina for the vanilla races.

I'm definitely replacing the right nifs as I can clearly see the change (even the missing texture for the HDT part of the pussy).

Am I missing a step or am I overlooking something?

Can I first make sure you are talking about LE and HDT-PE?

(Since the link is for an LE mod I am going to go with you using LE)

4 minutes ago, lilrussak said:

Ah, yeah it is.

Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Well if you use UUNP then you don't really need to do anything, choose the UUNP Special when installing and that should be that.

Although you might want to add xml to the hands if you want collisions with them.

But I think you're using CBBE since you mention a missing vagina texture and the UUNP texture looks fine. I take it the body you use is the COSIO one, since that is the only CBBE body I know of that has the HDT vagina. Apologies if there's others.

So next question would be what Mod Manager you use. If you're using NMM then the meshes will go where you would expect them, meshes/sc/zz/Triss

If Vortex or MO then they will have made a "virtual" file structure and the meshes will be there.

Assuming your Meshes are set up with the appropriate xml's attached then you may as well copy over body, head and hands.

Out of interest, if you open your body in nifskope, what path is set up for the xml?

22 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Well if you use UUNP then you don't really need to do anything, choose the UUNP Special when installing and that should be that.

Although you might want to add xml to the hands if you want collisions with them.

But I think you're using CBBE since you mention a missing vagina texture and the UUNP texture looks fine. I take it the body you use is the COSIO one, since that is the only CBBE body I know of that has the HDT vagina. Apologies if there's others.

So next question would be what Mod Manager you use. If you're using NMM then the meshes will go where you would expect them, meshes/sc/zz/Triss

If Vortex or MO then they will have made a "virtual" file structure and the meshes will be there.

Assuming your Meshes are set up with the appropriate xml's attached then you may as well copy over body, head and hands.

Out of interest, if you open your body in nifskope, what path is set up for the xml?

Using Vortex and yeah the body I use is COSIO (I believe there is or used to be also COS, which was just a different type).

Anyway, I guess I found the mistake I made, I forgot to copy over the head.nif.

Though, while it fixes the problem with HDT vagina, the head is now deformed into...well, take a look at it yourself:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot2.png

Wouldn't it be possible to insert the xml data from my custom head mesh into the mods original head mesh for the collision to work?

7 minutes ago, lilrussak said:

Using Vortex and yeah the body I use is COSIO (I believe there is or used to be also COS, which was just a different type).

Anyway, I guess I found the mistake I made, I forgot to copy over the head.nif.

Though, while it fixes the problem with HDT vagina, the head is now deformed into...well, take a look at it yourself:

Hide contents

Screen-Shot2.png

Wouldn't it be possible to insert the xml data from my custom head mesh into the mods original head mesh for the collision to work?

Yes, do you have Nifskope?

1 hour ago, Mez558 said:

It would take me longer to explain than actually do it

Try this, if this doesn't work can you post your normal head mesh.

Tried the head mesh, seems like everything works now. No messed up head and the physic parts are working as intended. Thanks!

29 minutes ago, lilrussak said:

Tried the head mesh, seems like everything works now. No messed up head and the physic parts are working as intended. Thanks!

NP, there are plenty of guides out there to add xml stringdata to a mesh, in this case all I did was copy branch from my default head and paste the branch into the other mesh, then move it up the order of priority. I've next to no idea what any of that really does other than tell what xml config file to use. I just follow others instructions.

There's another user of this race on here who's having issues with facial expressions in Sexlab and Skyrim in general, are you see this as well?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/150430-how-to-enable-sexlab-expressions-on-custom-races/

51 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

NP, there are plenty of guides out there to add xml stringdata to a mesh, in this case all I did was copy branch from my default head and paste the branch into the other mesh, then move it up the order of priority. I've next to no idea what any of that really does other than tell what xml config file to use. I just follow others instructions.

There's another user of this race on here who's having issues with facial expressions in Sexlab and Skyrim in general, are you see this as well?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/150430-how-to-enable-sexlab-expressions-on-custom-races/

Haven't that tested out yet with this race, though I played with the Succubus Race before and hadn't any problems regarding facial expressions or missing physics.

I'll check it out and report how it works on my end.

EDIT: The original sl expressions are barely noticable, you see some sort of manipulation but not as clear as on vanilla races. I also tested it with some custom expressions where the faces are bit more "expressive" and it kinda works, though they do look a bit different than usual.