Fairy Tail 2020 Mods

Hi all,

I started this topic for all Fairy Tail fans who are not satisfied with the censorship within the game.

Am not familiar with modding stuff so I quote every useful mods appliance methods that have been posted by our gurus.

Here is the basemod@fraggerman. It should have everything enabled or set to what it should be to work with it. If anything is missing let me know so I can add it.

I finished the uncensor mod. I included every playable female character(and all their costumes).  Credit for lucy and erza go to @Misaki Ki. Click on the links to be redirected to the original post.

How to install mods, if they are compatible with 3DMigoto

• Extract the basemod zip(it's a preconfigured version of 3DMigoto) into your FairyTail directory
  • Extract any other mod into the Mods folder
  •  

Credits for most of the basemod functionality go to @ausgeek. I copied a lot of his stuff into this base mod.

Don't have any folder called "Fairy Tail" open when starting the game. It will not launch. This is a restriction of the game, not the mod.

I will keep this post updated with everything I put out and link to here. I want to keep the mods working for the latest update. So if an update breaks one, please let me know so I can fix it.

• It was requested to reduce the priority for matching textures with the uncensor so I reduced them. You won't get conflicts now if you try to overwrite the same texture but the uncensor won't work for that texture either then.
  • Updated the basemod, now v1.1. Outlines can now be toggled with Ctrl + F2. Updated the help screen to reflect this.
  • Updated decensor mod, now v2. Now also contains Levy. Lisanna has no costume to decensor.
  • Small update to the base mod, now v1.2. Outlines now revert to "Original" with costume mods turned off and go to the "Modded" setting when costume mods are turned on. Except when your previous outline setting was "Outlines: off", then they stay off. Changed the text in the notfication to display "Modded" instead of "On" for shadows and outlines. And added a new shader override handling the inner face shadows for the eyes and stuff. With shadows turned off these were still there.
  • Updated decensor mod now v2.1. Fixed a wrong hash for Kaguras Alt color costume skin texture. Bundled @Misaki Ki's Lucy and Erza uncensors.
  • Updated decensor mod, now v2.2. An update broke Levys decensor. In addition to her shadowmap they also censored her skin and clothes texture. Good thing I worked on her before she became playable so I could give her the intended pantsu color.

Files:

Skin_DecensorV2.2.zip

FAIRY_TAIL_basemodV1.2.zip

In case those files are not working due to version issue, please check this post by@fraggerman for the update, as I cannot check this website regularly.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/149925-fairy-tail-2020-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3086959

And here is the Discord Channel link:

https://discord.gg/Jb2wRF62FJ

Credits go toFAIRY_TAIL_basemod.zip@fraggerman.

You can find more detail from this post below:

For Erza's and Lucy's decensored panties mods, I use the one that were created by @Misaki Ki

It works well on my laptop.

3Dmigoto - FairyTail.zipLucy Uncensor (3DMigoto).zipErza Uncensor (3Dmigoto).zip

This 3Dmigoto_FairyTail.zip is pretty much the same from the one made by @fraggerman, so either of them will do.

Hope this is helpful.

I know there are other modders that have been so helpful in developing FT mods, but my apologies if I haven't been able to give courtesy to all of your hard work yet, since I have only been able to test @Misaki Kiand @fraggermanmods so far.

But most welcome to flick me a message if you want your mod post to be attached on the OP.

I'm still updating this topic anyway.

Cheers!

Ooo make some R 18 mods and topless and skirtless mods and show me some nice panties  i just hope the game does show some nice panties well i want to see Wendy's panties and some other females like Chelia or Sherria and i hope that their is Sorano in this game cuz she my favourite Girl in Fairy Tail so yeah i also want to see some Sorano/Angel's panties cause they didnt show her panties in the Anime and who else wants to see the goods

Managed to get something working. With these tools(namely g1mtools and rdbtool) I was able to hide some meshes from lucy's g1m and reimport them into the CharacterEditor.rbd. Now Lucy is a floating head.

Spoiler

lucy_head.png.1c0949bf10bd8cc096fed5b953cafb29.png

I am completely incapable of doing actual work on meshes and textures though. So we need someone who can do that to get a nude mod.

Here's some data on character meshes I collected. I did not write everything down yet, especially since Erza has way to many costumes thanks to her magic...

• 0x1ec4261c Erza
  • 0x3bf8fadf lucy lewd(?) costume
  • 0x3d629766 natsu
  • 0x5afa92dc wendy
  • 0x8d6af9f9 grey
  • 0x8dd47a81 virgo
  • 0x10c8f99b more wendy
  • 0x22c81524 lissana swimsuit
  • 0x560fe55b lucy
  • 0x631b5a99 lucy ryza costume
  • 0x805f84bb grey
  • 0x914febc2 erza
  • 0x981f7c47 natsu
  • 0x009985ce natsu
  • 0x4904701d lucy swimsuit
  • 0xa8ff64e4 natsu swimsuit
  • 0xcf8a2abc lucy swimsuit
  • 0xd1c5c9e8 natsu
  • 0xf6ac8a76 lucy
  • 0xf8bee0e8 lucy base costume (the one I made into a floating head)
  • 0xf330fe25 natsu
  • 0xf7521a6a 1st master
On 7/30/2020 at 10:25 PM, KS212 said:

I'll be happy with removing the black shadow under some characters' skirts ie Wendy... even in the manga they never let you see what she's wearing, while Lucy and Erza are always fair game... Such bias :P

The shadow seems to be slapped right on the skin texture. I removed it from Erza's (yes, further bias to you,) but I haven't progressed far enough with the game to see very many 'upskirts' so I can't check the other characters. It likely affected a few of them.

Spoiler

jjowH7W.png.2bc3a5be1fccdf0ce9e5ce94cc8d2409.png

UKm6NWt.png.228d3bae52e68ca44d497d7d57696864.png

This particular file is 0x4c8ada74.g1t (MaterialEditor.rdb)

44 minutes ago, spiffin said:

so you just unpacked materialeditor.rdb and deleted that file, then repacked? im sorry my modding knowledge is very limited ive only ever had success doing it myself with Senran Kagura games.

If you delete the file the game will likely crash. The texture is for the skin and has black spots in it. Painting over the black spots should get rid of it.

I am currently trying to get a forced costume change working. Everyone in the main cast has a swimsuit mesh and texture. I want to get that working as the base costume somehow but am kind of stuck(just swapping the g1m files crashes the game. swapping all sub meshes seperately messes with weighting and ends in vertices endlessly extending into space or just not loading the game). If anyone is experienced with swapping models in gust games let me know. Once we have the cast in swimsuits making a nude mesh and texture should be easier.

5 hours ago, fraggerman said:

If you delete the file the game will likely crash. The texture is for the skin and has black spots in it. Painting over the black spots should get rid of it.

This is correct. You paint over the texture (it's one solid color,) and save it in the EXACT same format as the original file. The extracted file name will mention the what to save as. This particular file was dxt1, with mipmapping enabled. The file size must be the same as the original.

I attached the modified file. If anyone wishes to check what models were affected for me, use rdbtool (from the commandline) to reimport the file into MaterialEditor.rdb. I'd try looking through the ktids to see if that had anything, but it'll take too long for me to sort through that mess.

Backup if need be, but I found validating the game to be rather fast through Steam since the overall game size is pretty small.

0x4c8ada74.g1t

5 hours ago, fraggerman said:

I am currently trying to get a forced costume change working. Everyone in the main cast has a swimsuit mesh and texture. I want to get that working as the base costume somehow but am kind of stuck(just swapping the g1m files crashes the game. swapping all sub meshes seperately messes with weighting and ends in vertices endlessly extending into space or just not loading the game). If anyone is experienced with swapping models in gust games let me know. Once we have the cast in swimsuits making a nude mesh and texture should be easier.

I'll try taking a look at that next too, but admittingly I don't have too much time to work on this. I do suggest looking over some of the older threads, Dead or Alive 6 in particular, for any restrictions that the game may have with these formats.

you went through 23k files?! this is insane idk how you guys can decipher this stuff.

so using tool is way easier than i thought, extracting all those files takes up a ton of space though.

I imported your modded file, ill see if it effects anyone aside from erza

edit: so far only seems to have worked on erza, lucy still has the shadow

I made a mess!

Spoiler

o0rUeHS.png.c8ef474ff2475d104f1107351fb6a0f5.png

Hopefully we're lucky, and the process is exactly the same as Dead or Alive 6 or any of the Ateliers. So far it appears that way, but at this time I have a rather poor understanding of how to handle the models correctly for this game.

Oh yeah, there's the Cethleann toolset on Xentax; I overlooked it.

5 hours ago, spiffin said:

you went through 23k files?! this is insane idk how you guys can decipher this stuff.

so using tool is way easier than i thought, extracting all those files takes up a ton of space though.

I imported your modded file, ill see if it effects anyone aside from erza

edit: so far only seems to have worked on erza, lucy still has the shadow

We'll just have to look for the other textures if that's the case. It could also vary by costume since they're just painting it on the textures. I see a few other textures that are likely to be part of the censoring. (Look mostly for black gradients on skin colored textures)

Slowly but surely getting somewhere... 3DMigoto is helping a lot here. Going through tutorials on how to edit which index and vertex buffers are drawn right now and this is the result. Next is filling up the holes, then fixing shadows.

Spoiler

costumeprogress.png.ced1f554b5400259641e22488dbee113.png

The best thing about 3DMigoto is you can directly dump index/vertex buffers and textures associated with the specified hashes. No searching through all the X thousand files any more

32 minutes ago, fraggerman said:

Slowly but surely getting somewhere... 3DMigoto is helping a lot here. Going through tutorials on how to edit which index and vertex buffers are drawn right now and this is the result. Next is filling up the holes, then fixing shadows.

Hide contents

costumeprogress.png.ced1f554b5400259641e22488dbee113.png

The best thing about 3DMigoto is you can directly dump index/vertex buffers and textures associated with the specified hashes. No searching through all the X thousand files any more

Very nice! I suppose it's just busy work at this point getting everything nice and put together.

1 hour ago, Misaki Ki said:

Very nice! I suppose it's just busy work at this point getting everything nice and put together.

The picture I posted above is an example of what 3Dmigoto can do to not paint certain buffers. What I want to do is actually replace them and that will need some heavy mesh editing. This requires knowledge about mesh editing and weighting and I have none of that. So if anyone here could do that for me it would be a big help. Everything I try has messed up weights somewhere... I attached the g1ms for the 2 models. You can extract them with g1mtools from above. I also added a version of 3DMigoto to easily load these mods. My messed up mod and exports of the original is in there too.

Spoiler

This is with no weigths at allmissing_weights.png.de67a7f3625d44dd9a57a5cde4fe5f32.png

And this is when I try to transfer weights from the original body onto the swimsuit

messed_weights.png.0a53904ce15ec95eeb642f002ba276c9.png

0xcf8a2abc.g1m 0xf8bee0e8.g1m 3DMigoto.7z

0x2300a91e.g1t0x31574b00.g1t0x08296076.g1t0x47518281.g1t0xa119bfcd.g1t0xbbd8510c.g1t0xc02435df.g1t0xdb4369e0.g1t0x0c1404c9.g1t0x8aa71361.g1t0x9bb0f1d6.g1t0x89b12ee0.g1t0x5529f0e3.g1t0x06d44511.g1t0x7e1cf6d6.g1t

I took care of some more of the censorship shades. I don't know a lot about the way this game handles its files and all, so I just visually compared the textures which seemed to be censor shades. If you import these g1t's into your "MaterialEditor.rdb" it should take care of most, if not all of the censorship shades. Thanks for the hard work others are putting into this and other games!