Remove High heel effect

I want to remove the high heel effect from an armor (specifically the restrictive boots in devious device expansion).  But HDT heels doesn't seem to be the source of the height change, and the HDT heels MCM doesn't seem to let me adjust custom heights downward, only higher (and even then its adjustments aren't even working for mods that use HDT heels but whatever that's not the issue and I can handle that one via TesEdit.)

I want to know how to make a high heel effect go away from an armor.  I don't care if this means the boots dip a bit below the ground.  I have my reasons for doing this.  Anyway, how do I remove the height change effect on high heels?

The high heel height is saved in the Nif as NiStringExtraData.
Open the nif of the boots with nifskope. If you use BodySlide you will find the Nif in Bodyslide/ShapeData/ Project_name.
In Nifskope expand the NiStriShape (s) and find the NiStringExtraData with the name SDTA.

With CTRL + Delete or right click -> Remove Branch you can delete the NiStringExtraData.
Then save and build the boots with BodySlide

11 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Open the nif of the boots with nifskope. If you use BodySlide you will find the Nif in Bodyslide/ShapeData/ Project_name.
In Nifskope expand the NiStriShape (s) and find the NiStringExtraData with the name SDTA.

With CTRL + Delete or right click -> Remove Branch you can delete the NiStringExtraData.

Awesome!  I appreciate it.  I was kind of sick of the boots causing animations to be out of sync but I loved the look of them otherwise.

46 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Awesome!  I appreciate it.  I was kind of sick of the boots causing animations to be out of sync but I loved the look of them otherwise.

Hmh?

If "animations" refer to Sexlab animations: There is a setting in Sexlab-MCM that neutralizes the high heel height during the animation. It's in Sexlab MCM's Animation Settings - bottom right.

PS: Works for HDT Highheel + NiOverride

23 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Hmh?

If "animations" refer to Sexlab animations: There is a setting in Sexlab-MCM that neutralizes the high heel height during the animation. It's in Sexlab MCM's Animation Settings - bottom right.

PS: Works for HDT Highheel + NiOverride

Yes but it is extremely glitchy.  If you have a lot of spells from mods, it can delay animations starting by several minutes or even break through the game.  The game checks for high heels as a form of spell that's applied, so it will check every spell in the game before starting an animation (while heels are equipped).  So it's easier for someone with a lot of spell mods to just remove the heel effect on the ones I want to use with animations.

• 6 months later...
On 7/29/2020 at 6:54 AM, Andy14 said:

NiStringExtraData with the name SDTA.

If I insert this string and set float to 0, would racemenu see those boots as heels ?

I thought, there is a minimum high defined in racemenu, where boots become heels.

But setting eg float 1 could forward boots to heels, lift them over the lower limit, if understand right.

• 2 years later...
On 7/29/2020 at 12:54 AM, Andy14 said:

I am having the same issues but I don't see NiStrShape(S) and NiStringExtraData I'm trying to get rid of High Heel Effect

Screenshot 2024-01-23 193830.jpg

Edited by SilentOption
47 minutes ago, HereBeTentacles said:

Maybe a dumb question but are you sure those have a heel? They don't look like they do based on that screenshot.

I asked myself that initially but the high heel event thing was on the Temptress Boots Alt Rd for some strange reason which has me scratching my head

Edited by SilentOption
5 hours ago, SilentOption said:

I am having the same issues but I don't see NiStrShape(S) and NiStringExtraData I'm trying to get rid of High Heel Effect

Screenshot 2024-01-23 193830.jpg

First: These are not high heels. You can see that the soles of the shoes are on the grid.

Second: Your Nif has problems because the second NiTriShape has the name of a bone (Pelvis). You should definitely rename this, otherwise there will be problems.

You can rename it in NifSkope, but if it is created with Body Slide then rename it in Outfit Studio.