NetImmerse Override Cleaner SE (SKSE64 Co-Save Cleaner Utility)

NetImmerse Override Cleaner SE (SKSE64 Co-Save Cleaner Utility)

View File

A modified version of IronBrother8800's NetImmerse Override Cleaner.

For general information about what this tool does and how to use it, see the original tool's page.

This version has been modified to support both Classic and Special Edition NetImmerse Overrides.

When loading a .skse file, the tool automatically determines which cleaning routine to run.

The cleaning logic for SSE has been written from scratch to be more failure proof to avoid removing data for excluded characters.

The downside to this is that it is very likely that cleaning a file will fail if it has been manually edited beforehand.

As long as it hasn't been modified after SKSE created it, everything should be fine.

I've included the modified source code in the download for anyone interested.

Credits

• IronBrother8800 - for the original tool

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/28/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    .NET Framework 4.5.2
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, this works great !  

I noticed my game saving was taking a bit longer than usual, did a quick search and results pointed to a bloating .SKSE co-save (around 400 kb). Ran this tool and now my saving is back to normal in terms of size (~35kb) and speed (less than 1 second).

Thanks !

• 1 month later...

Love the tool... but I'm having a problem. It seems to not be excluding my player properly or something, I'm not sure.

I went to qasmoke, turned off XPMSE's cloak spell as it had turned itself on again, saved. Ran this tool. Loaded the save. My character's face geometry had reverted to vanilla.

I opened racemenu, loaded my character's preset, saved. Ran the tool again. Compared the files in Notepad++. (It's not exactly readable but it's something) There's 3 changes. The first two seem very small, just changing some characters, I doubt it's that. The third is that the tool removed a bunch of short lines starting with ×#<HPRM, I suspect this is my issue... Why is it removing these lines? Do I have some weird mod interaction going on, causing things to be saved in a format the tool doesn't recognize?

• 2 months later...

Thanks to the author  for this tool, and the ability to INCLUDE the player-char. It helped me isolate a problem affecting only my char, that i had been trying to debug for 3 days straight. Turns out it was NIO-trash in my cosave. I still don't know which variable did it, but recreating my chardesign from scratch is faster than figuring out the culprit. 

My only improvement idea would be to make inclusion/exclusion of the playerchar a checkbox. Easier than deleting/adding a number.

Edited by bastardopfromhell
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is amazing. Was having 6-10 second save times that had been increasing as I went through my playthrough, thought it was purely down to me being dumb and not being able to resist adding more and more mods as I went on, but after using this tool and jiggling my saves around a bit it's down to <1 second save times!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...