Is there any way to keep people out of a room besides locking the door?

I want to have a room where people can only go in and out if my sim invites them. The idea is that it's kind of a man-cave where he can be by himself, but also kind of a love nest where he can bring dates for some private intimacy (let's just say they're dates his other dates don't know about). So I can set the door to be Locked for Everyone But my character, that takes care of the first part, but the second part is a lot more tricky. If I want to bring another sim into the room with my player-character, then as soon as I unlock the door, everyone else in the house comes running in (because I have household objects with good stats in the man-cave). ...And a bunch of other problems too tedious to describe individually. I tried using a mod where you can unlock the door just for specific individuals, but sometimes my sim's date just didn't show up in the list of sims I could unlock the door for, and it's pretty annoying to have to do that manually every time anyway. What I'd prefer is if there were just some way to set a "keep out" order for every household member except the one I'm controlling, but not have the door specifically be locked. Is there any way to do that?

Try "Lock For A Specific Sims ..."

Select your character, then click on the door (might have to click on the wall icon in the upper right hand corner and raise the walls so you can see the door), select the above listed choice, then choose a sim from the selection. You will have to do this for everyone in the house you do not want to enter. This will keep the rest of the household out but should still allow your 'Date' to enter.

3 hours ago, rb813 said:

Are you talking about the LittleMsSam mod? I don't have that option natively.

I believe it is that mod, and the easier method would be to lock for everyone but your sim. Then "Allow Access To..." "Unlock Door For..." (selected sims)