Are Bashed patches even needed anymore?

I use vortex as my mod management, been following this guide to know the best mods that i might haven't seen yet and theres a moment when the author start talking about bashed patch. Is this a thing on todays mod scenario? Does they improve performance in any way? Wouldn't they be the equivalent of a deployment? Considering that this guide was pointing me out to skyrim nexusmods page and not SSE i figured out that it might be somewhat outdated to todays practices n stuff, right?

Also if anyone has a better guide/more resourceful one considering SSE version for me to look forward i'd be thankful.

Bashed Patch is primarily used (now) for merging leveled lists included in mods.  If a mod has it's own LLs, then a patch is not needed.  It's when several mods modify the same LL that problems occur (last mod wins scenario).  The BP merged the LL changes together.  So unless there is another way to merge these LL changes, then the BP is still needed.

The BP does have other features, but the LL merging is primary.