NEW HERE: Question Can MC Wohoo and WW work togheter?

They work together perfectly fine (I've been using them alongside each other for quite some time now).

The big difference is that MC Woohoo is aimed at vanilla woohoo and the game's own "sexual" interactions, whereas WW adds a whole new bunch of gameplay elements and "real sex". Since MCCC as a whole also offers a lot of useful options regarding relationship gameplay (among other things, like a more convenient way of using cheats), I'd actually reccommend you install both to get the most out of your game.

When using MCCC and WW, the only thing you really have to be careful about is that their settings match. For example, if WW permits incest but MCCC doesn't, there'll be no incest in your game (same for teen-adult relationships etc). Setting everything up can be a little tedious, but you only have to do it once - and if it's just about WW working fine, you only have to care about MCCC's Relationship and Woohoo modules. Just bear in mind that MCCC's global settings are accessed via computers in-game, while WW only has one "Settings" menu.

2 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

When using MCCC and WW, the only thing you really have to be careful about is that their settings match.

Actually, MCCC is a lot more passive. Assuming it's working correctly, MCCC will overwrite any vanilla game settings, but not any other mods. Example; The vanilla Pregnancy Duration is 3 days. If you set MCCC to 5 days, pregnancies will last 5 days. If you have any other mod that changes it, say Wicked Whims set to 4 days, that mod will take precedence, and pregnancies will now last 4 days.

Thanks guys i've made the question cause investigating a bit i couldn't find reliable info about the two the only info i found is one thread made around 2018 that explains mccc can work well with ww but mc wohoo not cause it makes crash however if it's like you say only an override then i'll try both of them together also to add more options to the game. am i right in the assumption that this adds more options? or they are basically the same but one more vanilla

@2cool4u_1

Yeah, I just mentioned it bc I experienced some issues quite a while ago after accidentally deleting my MCCC settings file. I was on some 6.x.x version of MCCC and v14x of WW back then, and the incest example actually happened to me exactly like I described it (plus one or two other issues of similar nature). Getting MCCC and WW back "on the same page" again fixed it for me - and IMO it's generally best practice to have all mods operate on the same settings.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

@darkshaw

You definitely get more options with both. MCCC Woohoo has options for nude yoga and gym workout, it overrides the rules for Sims sleeping in the same bed, and it adds a self-interaction for taking birth control. Also, since vanilla "Try for baby" is the fastetst way to get a Sim pregnant, enabling/disabling autonomous TFB can be used to affect how your Sim population grows (and it WILL grow, if you let them).

4 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

I just wanted to point out the way MCCC is supposed to work, since I know many people have asked about that in the past.

That's exactly how I read your post, so everything's alright here. I'm not one to get angry or anything, when someone else corrects me or has some more info to add - that's the idea of forum threads, after all.

I'm sorry, if I seem a little harsh sometimes - I'm German ?

WW also has an option to totally supress all instances of vanilla "WooHoo", which is what I personally use, which makes the MCCC WooHoo module totally redundant, as far as I can tell, although I admit I might have missed some function of it and taken it as vanilla, since even though I do think it is redundant, I still keep it in my game and have had it there since the first time I started the game.

I just took a closer look at both mods in my game again.

MC WooHoo has same sex pregnancy, birth control via self-interaction and it enables any two Sims to sleep in a double bed (which means you don't have to book an expensive two-bedroom place for a vacation, just because your Sims are siblings or nothing more than average friends).

Haven't found these three in WW's settings, everything else seems to be identical (more or less) - so yeah, MC WooHoo may be a little redundant for players who have disabled vanilla WooHoo.

15 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

MC WooHoo has [...] birth control via self-interaction

I could be wrong, but I believe that interaction only works for MCCC "Risky WooHoo" and wont actually stop pregnacies caused by WW-interactions. I'm open to being corrected though, I've never actually used the option since I prefer the native WW options and don't use risky woohoo.

3 minutes ago, Kashked said:

I've never actually used the option since I prefer the native WW options

Same here, I only use vanilla "Try for baby" occassionally.

I gave MCCC's birth control a try quite some time ago, but since WW sex is far from the almost ceratin pregnancy you get when trying for a baby (by default, at least), I couldn't really tell whether it made any difference. However, some of my Sims tend to consume that stuff autonomously while I'm not playing their household, so I keep it around in case it really does something, since I don't want my female Sims to be pregnant all the time (I play without aging, so it'd get quite crowded really fast).

3 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

Same here, I only use vanilla "Try for baby" occassionally.

I gave MCCC's birth control a try quite some time ago, but since WW sex is far from the almost ceratin pregnancy you get when trying for a baby (by default, at least), I couldn't really tell whether it made any difference. However, some of my Sims tend to consume that stuff autonomously while I'm not playing their household, so I keep it around in case it really does something, since I don't want my female Sims to be pregnant all the time (I play without aging, so it'd get quite crowded really fast).

Two NPC's can't get pregnant though, even if they are played but not currently controlled. I play rotationally with aging off too, just like you, and unless atleast one of the partners is in the currently controlled household WW interactions will never cause pregnancy.

Probably caused by MCCC's autonomous interactions then (or something else I never noticed / thought about), as sometimes they are pregnant when I play them again or view their household in the world screen. But if it's not WW sex, that only means that MCCC birth control will most likely be effective - so hooray for that.

Gotta admit though, that after setting MCCC up (played TS4 for a few hundred hours since then), I never really cared much about my global settings. These days, I'm mainly using per-Sim interactions for cheats and quick commands, so aside from some common mistakes my knowledge might not be 100 percent up to date when it comes to the finer details.

Damn, I'm way too much of a controlfreak to let my sims do stuff autonomously... But in my game babies will be born offscreen if I knock up a sim in another household... I wonder if there is a setting somewhere that would freeze pregnancies for unplayed, I'd have to check that.

I think, MCCC has that - at least I found something that looks like it.

Any computer > MCCC > Pregnancy > Other (names might differ, I'm playing in German - it's the fourth item from the top). There's an option to pause the game once one of your Sim enters labor, and another one right below that, which suspends any Sim's pregnancy based on a filter (active Sims, played Sims, NPCs). If I didn't misread what that option does, it's pretty much what you're looking for.

In any case, you could still manually suspend pregnancies for all Sims you care about individually. Click on Sim > MCCC > Pregnacy > Suspend (again, names might differ, because I'm too lazy to switch languages - you probably knew that one anyway).

Can relate to the "control freak" bit, btw. However, when it came to "full control over everything" versus "NPC households develop on their own", the living and breathing game world won over being the god of this universe in my case. Still hate it, when MY Sims do stuff I don't want them to (like flirting with a guy who is actually quite the douchebag).

I'll check it out, but to be honest I don't know if I want to change it when I think about it. Just imagine a situation where you come back to a household where you (unwittingly) impregnated a sim with another when they were an young adult, and by that time they are an elder. Trying to keep timelines tidy between households is already too much!

14 hours ago, Kashked said:

Trying to keep timelines tidy between households is already too much!

Which is why I disabled aging for all Sims, not just played households ?

While that takes care of timelines, it does however introduce the neccessity for managing more or less all Sims in the game to some extent - even more so, if you have culling disabled as well. For households actively present in the game world, that's rather simple to do, but with those that do not occupy any lot, I often end up either ignoring or just deleting them.

Thankfully, MCCC has options to delete Sims in batches, that can be accessed via the mailbox. When all else fails, I simply save all the important NPC households to the gallery, then delete all Sims except for teens, young adults and adults, and put the NPC households from the gallery back into my world again.

And seeing that procedure now on the screen in front of me, I realize how tedious this actually is ?

20 hours ago, Kashked said:

But in my game babies will be born offscreen if I knock up a sim in another household

Any kids that are yours will automatically show up in your relationship panel too so you can keep track of them.

Playing with aging off so I just go visit that household and age them up to teen and edit them in CAS with MC.

Then you can do way more interactions with them at least.

Just another alternative.

I also have WW pregnancy disabled so it never happens by accident but only when I want it to.

MCCC's population/pregnancy settings are also set to prevent the Goths, Landgraabs, and other townies from making more EA babies non-stop.

(Think I have it set for Elders only, of which I only have a few that are single anyway, lol).

MCCC also allows you to add/remove traits, hidden traits, and reward traits to any sim on the fly in game.

(Just select the sim/MCCC/CAS/Manage Traits but be careful when adding hidden traits as some can cause problems).

Since aging and culling are both disabled the population can get out of hand when the game also spawns new NPC's like popcorn.

NPCC mod helps control this somewhat but the wrong settings can cause LE's.

The game needs to create some sims to fill certain rolls and gets cranky when it can't.

But it does allow you to have local sims already in the game to fill these rolls by enabling the use homeless and nonplayed households switches.

Usually just takes the sims that don't have a job and puts them to work.

Eliza Pancakes might then become a bartender for example.

I have far less new NPC's being created since installing this one and the default settings are pretty safe.

Control Any Sim is another mod you might like too if you don't already have it.           

I just remembered that you can also turn aging while pregnant on and off in MCCC's global settings. It would mess up timelines within households somewhat, but at least Sims stay the same age while they're pregnant (so you don't knock up a YA and suddenly realize they became elderly while their pregnancy was suspended).

7 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

Which is why I disabled aging for all Sims, not just played households ?

Same, but you still need to manage the timelines. Say teen A ages up, Mommy B and Daddy C stays in the current lot, with teen D, while teen A goes to university for 2 weeks. So you are in the university dorm for two weeks, meanwhile the parents and siblings haven't aged. Then you have to play the family afterwards, for the same amount of time, to keep all ages consistent. I don't keep track to the DAY, since that info doesn't show up for unplayed sims anyway, but I make sure siblings/parents/couples/BFF's in other household stay in the correct age bracket relative to eachother. I'll just have the university sim be homeless for two weeks afterwards, or move them into their own house if they can afford it, to simulate them being away for university in the rest of the family's timeline.

As for all the randos... eh, I don't care if they don't age, they are just a backdrop for my 250+ played sims anyway. In the rare cases one of my sims have a significant relationship with them I tend to invite them to move in anyway within a couple of days anyway. I have a bit of a lack of eligeble bachelors, so most of my female sims will have to settle for randos.

Like I said, I'm a control freak and I don't allow them to do anything, age, reproduce, have jobs, form couples, nada. They are basically furniture only there to make the world appear more populated. Every random in my world is in a single household and unemployed (aside from service sims, maids, gym trainers etc.).

6 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Any kids that are yours will automatically show up in your relationship panel too so you can keep track of them.

I have MCCC set to notify me of EVERYTHING, just to make sure nothing happens (see above). When my male sims do end up getting someone pregnant I'll know. :) 

Haven't happened with a non-played sim so far, but I imagine I'd actually invite them to move in if it did, depending on the sim, or move them in as a played household in an empty lot at some point.

14 hours ago, Kashked said:

Same, but you still need to manage the timelines. Say teen A ages up, Mommy B and Daddy C stays in the current lot, with teen D, while teen A goes to university for 2 weeks. So you are in the university dorm for two weeks, meanwhile the parents and siblings haven't aged. Then you have to play the family afterwards, for the same amount of time, to keep all ages consistent. I don't keep track to the DAY, since that info doesn't show up for unplayed sims anyway, but I make sure siblings/parents/couples/BFF's in other household stay in the correct age bracket relative to eachother. I'll just have the university sim be homeless for two weeks afterwards, or move them into their own house if they can afford it, to simulate them being away for university in the rest of the family's timeline.

Ah, so you're doing the one thing I said goodbye to quite a while ago - playing "real" timelines. Because of examples like yours, most of my Sims NEVER have and NEVER will age up - neither through time played nor through other means like fulleditmode in CAS. Mom and Dad stay (young) adults forever, their children stay teens forever (they can age up while they're younger, though) and so on. When I play their household, it's like an episode from a TV show, and while I'm not playing them, they become part of the static backdrop. The very few exceptions I made to this rule always involved occult Sims (mostly aliens and vampires), so the explanation for any inconsistencies is "duh, magic" ?

And since you can't drown them in the swimming pool by removing the ladder, most of them will live forever.