I'm making a classic Fallout style unarmed mod with some neat custom kick animations, need help with displaying animations only when there is no weapon equipped (not even unarmed weapons).

As you know, Fallout 1 and 2 had different unarmed attacks if you had no weapon equipped. In fact, they were even stronger than unarmed weapons because they had armor piercing, extra critical hit chance and damage. I intend to bring that back.Other unarmed animations mods show kicking animations even when you are using a fist weapon. That's unacceptable, it's both immersion breaking and illogical. I had a plan to fix that:

-Add a hidden perk to player fists.

-The perk would only activate after having the required unarmed skill level, i.e. 90.

-Add a "Has unarmed forward power attack" entry point (used by Legion Assault) to perk, along with extra damage and some other stats.

-Doing a forward power attack would display the custom attack animation. Yes, Legion Assault would be replaced, along with the rest of default unarmed perks.

I successfully replaced Khan Trick, Ranger Takedown and Legion Assault animations with mine. Now I need a script make these animations play only when you are bare handed AND have a certain skill level. For example (numbers are subject to change?

-Forward Power Attack - Overwrite Legion Assault (has unarmed forward power attack). Requires 70 unarmed. +10% crit, +5 extra damage

-Backward Power Attack - Overwrite Ranger Takedown (has unarmed backward power attack). Requires 80 unarmed. +20% crit, +10 extra damage

I thought I could use the weapon named "fists" in GECK, but turns out that wasn't for the player character.Any ideas? If we can succeed this will be the first mod to truly bring the classic unarmed experience to New Vegas.

And I need to flip (mirror) animations, so a left kick becomes a right kick. Need help with that as well.

I have a couple of questions:

- If you replaced the vanilla power attacks, then what happens with the vanilla way to get these? Does it mean for example that you get the vanilla Khan Trick in the vanilla way, doing the quest and all, but you'll still play the kick animation? or you're gonna "disable" in some way the vanilla perks for these power attacks?

- If your new perk has some conditions, what the script is for? aren't perk conditions enough?

And about the animation, I never mirrored an animation and I can't think to an easy way to do it sorry, I probably just would redo it from scratch.

-I'll replace those with unarmed skill bonuses, like how it was in Fallout 2. For example, you pass Ranger Andy's speech check and you'll receive +10 to your unarmed skill, permanently. So in a way, they'll be removed.

-The perk won't be displayed on the perk screen, instead, it'll always be active when you are bare handed but effects will take place only after reaching the required skill level. 

By the way, I was looking an animator to fix something that's been driving me nuts, mind if I ask you another question? I don't want to create another topic and fill the forum with my posts.

One of my biggest dreams in New Vegas was to improve that ugly minigun animation by removing the stupid bending. I wanted to use 2hhattackloop.kf as the new animation base. My friends and I gave it a go but we failed, then a volunteer helped us out by adding the minigun barrel animation but the result was problematic: It only fired in bursts, not continuously.

Can you please take a look? Since 2 years we couldn't fix it.

2hhattackloop.kf sneak2hhattackloop.kf