Which Pokemon game do you think has the best story and why?

Which Pokemon game do you think has the best story?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pokemon game do you think has the best story?

• Generation 1
    • Generation 2
    • Generation 3
    • Generation 4
    • Generation 5
    • Generation 6
    • Generation 7
    • Generation 8
    • One of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games
    • Other

As the title says which game beats the rest in terms of story and why? Now keep in mind I am not talking about the gameplay, that is for a different thread I'm sure. But which one made you go ooooo that was an amazing story? Mine was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness. In this you play as a Pokemon going on adventures with your buddies and

Spoiler

When time gears got involved **** got real. And the plot twist with Dusknoir get otta here~

I separated it into ten categories to keep it simple but since there are over 100 games in the series you may have to be more specific. If you think there will be spoilers I trust you know how to handle those. There is normally not much story in Pokemon games but I am very curious what your peoples' opinions are.

• 1 month later...
Just now, submissive miss tris said:

ye explorers of time/darkness is the best, though sky was the same just with more, so really it's my favourite. i've replayed the whole game like 5 times and loved it consistently

Yeah. I have a friend that owns the sky series and said it was good.