[Modding] Initiating sex problem.

First things first, it's not one of those "I installed the framework but i can't do sex!" posts.

So, i'm planning out a medium-sized sexout mod in the future, but since i'm new to scripting, i thought i should start with something simple. Right now, i'm planning to make a "Sexout alternative" to the Van Graff's "Birds of a Feather" quest, initiating sex between Cass and Jean-Baptiste after his Cass greeting dialogue, rather than initiating the "Jean-Baptiste shoots Cass" package.

Thing is, i'm totally lost. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to actually script/create this scene? I tried reading and understanding the "sexout api for modders" and the other "sexout variables" post, but i'm still as lost as a castaway. Any help would be very much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

One simple way would be to edit the dialog where he kills her; look in quest VMS29a, conversation section, its 'VFSJeanBaptisteGreetsCass'

Change the result script end from the vanilla:

; Make Jean-Baptiste shoot Cass
VFSJeanBaptisteCuttingREF.AddScriptPackage VFSJeanBaptisteShootsCassPackage

To something like:

call fnSexoutActRunFull (Ar_Map "ActorA"::VFSJeanBaptisteCuttingREF, "ActorB"::RoseOfSharonCassidyREF, "Flags"::(Ar_List "vaginal", "doggy"))

Only caveat is that dialog scripts can be a bit flunky (try and see ?‍♀️).

If you want to do something more complicated, I'd suggest creating a quest, which you start in the dialog result with 'StartQuest MySexyQuest', it would have a script something like:

scn MySexyQuestScript

int iStage

begin GameMode

if iStage == 0
    call fnSexoutActRunFull (Ar_Map "ActorA"::VFSJeanBaptisteCuttingREF, "ActorB"::RoseOfSharonCassidyREF, "Flags"::(Ar_List "vaginal", "doggy"))
    let iStage := 1
    StopQuest MySexyQuest
  endif

end

Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...