Issues with Bodyslide and Slider groups/sets

I've been having an issue with invisible Devious Devices when, to the best of my knowledge, I have installed the mods and their requirements, along with those needed for sexlab, and it seems to correlate with an issue with Bodyslide. I followed some tutorials on installing it for MO2 (what I'm using) and UUNP (also the body I'm using). I can't batch build the DD outfits/groups because Bodyslide can't seem to find the Slider groups/sets. I'm posting here because I'm not sure where else to go, I can't find this specific issue on youtube, reddit, or here on the SL tech issues forum. I also attached some screenshots to hopefully better illustrate the issue I'm having. Any advise or tips?

Annotation 2020-05-24 200534.png

Annotation 2020-05-24 140348.png

Annotation 2020-05-24 140411.png

So this is continuation from discussion in:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-43a-2019-09-10/page/478/?tab=comments#comment-3014542

First you should prove that you have installed DD. We might have to go through install step by step to figure out where it goes wrong. Can you make this screenshot, making sure highlighted areas are visible?

data.jpg.664eca1b409e8c9649f5e2ca375f3345.jpg

Will also need to see MO2 launch details for Bodyslide that it's run with path:

.....\MO2\mods\BodySlide and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide\BodySlide x64.exe

On 5/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, Zaflis said:

So this is continuation from discussion in:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-43a-2019-09-10/page/478/?tab=comments#comment-3014542

First you should prove that you have installed DD. We might have to go through install step by step to figure out where it goes wrong. Can you make this screenshot, making sure highlighted areas are visible?

data.jpg.664eca1b409e8c9649f5e2ca375f3345.jpg

Will also need to see MO2 launch details for Bodyslide that it's run with path:

.....\MO2\mods\BodySlide and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide\BodySlide x64.exe

Yes I can do that, thank you so much for continuing to help me with this.

The filepath for the 'binary' MO2 launch of Bodyslide is: C:\Users\[myusername]\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSRJ\webcache\mods\BodySlide and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide

The filepath for 'starts in' is: C:\Users\[myusername]\OneDrive\Documents\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim

The top image is the esp list showing that have DD and its requirements active, the second is my data folder.

Annotation 2020-05-28 032755.png

1.png

Work folder for my Bodyslide is in ......MO\mods\BodySlide and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide

Same folder as where the .exe is for all these tools.

Hmm, would you try a rearrangement of installs first? It's not recommended to install games and apps under Windows folders. You have them not only in Windows folders but so deep in them that they may start to have even path text length limitations. Worst problems would be permission problems would sometimes be solved by giving admin rights to those apps. But for most part i can imagine it is really troublesome for you to browse files of MO and Skyrim from those difficult places.

Let Steam make a new folder for games in C:\Steam\

Then you can install Skyrim in it, and it becomes: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\

To begin with, I'd recommend that you make a clean install of Skyrim at this time, don't move the old Skyrim folder there. There could be some old relics of mods. There should be no mods at all in the Steam's folder. SKSE, LOOT, TES5Edit and ENBoost are allowed though in Skyrim folder, but nothing ever added in Skyrim\Data\ ! Only what Steam adds in the install.

For MO2 you can include it in your own "private space for games" such as C:\Games\ . There doesn't exist one by default, just make one.

Then you can have C:\Games\Skyrim\ ... In which you can place all sorts of documents and random downloads folder, maybe even save a screenshot collection.

MO2 itself in C:\Games\Skyrim\MO2

Mods C:\Games\Skyrim\MO2\Mods\

All mod downloads C:\Games\Skyrim\MO2\Downloads\

First step is installing things in the Skyrim folder. These are not added as mods in MO2:

SKSE, LOOT, ENBoost, (And i recommend TES5Edit for troubleshooting and even minor mod editing).

Configure SKSE's ini file based on new guides.

You will also need to config CrashFixes and ENBoost once you add them.

Second step is enabling:

Legendary edition patch, hair mods, Alternate Start, Crash fixes, Load Game CTD Fix, CBBE or UUNP body, HDTExtensions, XPMSE, Bodyslide, FNIS,

(FNIS sexy moves is optional but DD has a soft dependency so why not), + various mods you want to make your character look better. I recommend UUNP for a body cause it just looks smoother. It's never about shape/curves/sizes because Bodyslide can make either one look like anything with presets. You can even make and save your own preset with the sliders.

Now don't add any other mods from Nexus or Loverslab until you get this above working. All with HDT body physics. Then you can continue with those.

Sort mods with LOOT, adding it in the MO2 launch options. There is a small button in top UI of LOOT to sort mods, and it will give you a compilation of problems or if everything is OK with your Skyrim.

Order of mods on the left side is roughly, from top to bottom, sorted by priority:

1. Hair mods, 2. Body mods, 3. Core mods (such as DD, ZAP, SLA), 4. Most other mods, 5. FNIS, 6. Bodyslide, 7. XPMSE, 8. Output mod for FNIS and Bodyslide.

(I wouldn't have written this long but if you really have to do a fresh install you need to know a whole lot...)

On 5/28/2020 at 12:44 PM, Zaflis said:

Work folder for my Bodyslide is in ......MO\mods\BodySlide and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide

Same folder as where the .exe is for all these tools.

Hmm, would you try a rearrangement of installs first? It's not recommended to install games and apps under Windows folders. You have them not only in Windows folders but so deep in them that they may start to have even path text length limitations. Worst problems would be permission problems would sometimes be solved by giving admin rights to those apps. But for most part i can imagine it is really troublesome for you to browse files of MO and Skyrim from those difficult places.

Let Steam make a new folder for games in C:\Steam\

Then you can install Skyrim in it, and it becomes: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\

To begin with, I'd recommend that you make a clean install of Skyrim at this time, don't move the old Skyrim folder there. There could be some old relics of mods. There should be no mods at all in the Steam's folder. SKSE, LOOT, TES5Edit and ENBoost are allowed though in Skyrim folder, but nothing ever added in Skyrim\Data\ ! Only what Steam adds in the install.

For MO2 you can include it in your own "private space for games" such as C:\Games\ . There doesn't exist one by default, just make one.

Then you can have C:\Games\Skyrim\ ... In which you can place all sorts of documents and random downloads folder, maybe even save a screenshot collection.

MO2 itself in C:\Games\Skyrim\MO2

Mods C:\Games\Skyrim\MO2\Mods\

All mod downloads C:\Games\Skyrim\MO2\Downloads\

First step is installing things in the Skyrim folder. These are not added as mods in MO2:

SKSE, LOOT, ENBoost, (And i recommend TES5Edit for troubleshooting and even minor mod editing).

Configure SKSE's ini file based on new guides.

You will also need to config CrashFixes and ENBoost once you add them.

Second step is enabling:

Legendary edition patch, hair mods, Alternate Start, Crash fixes, Load Game CTD Fix, CBBE or UUNP body, HDTExtensions, XPMSE, Bodyslide, FNIS,

(FNIS sexy moves is optional but DD has a soft dependency so why not), + various mods you want to make your character look better. I recommend UUNP for a body cause it just looks smoother. It's never about shape/curves/sizes because Bodyslide can make either one look like anything with presets. You can even make and save your own preset with the sliders.

Now don't add any other mods from Nexus or Loverslab until you get this above working. All with HDT body physics. Then you can continue with those.

Sort mods with LOOT, adding it in the MO2 launch options. There is a small button in top UI of LOOT to sort mods, and it will give you a compilation of problems or if everything is OK with your Skyrim.

Order of mods on the left side is roughly, from top to bottom, sorted by priority:

1. Hair mods, 2. Body mods, 3. Core mods (such as DD, ZAP, SLA), 4. Most other mods, 5. FNIS, 6. Bodyslide, 7. XPMSE, 8. Output mod for FNIS and Bodyslide.

(I wouldn't have written this long but if you really have to do a fresh install you need to know a whole lot...)

Okay so I've got just about everything set up as you described, moved steam and reinstalled skyrim, I am having trouble moving where MO2 and its file paths are so would that be fine to leave as-is or would it be necessary to figure out? Also I have only the basics in terms of appearance mods and DD and its dependencies enabled, sorted with LOOT, priority as you describe it, and while I do use UUNP outfits, the body I'm using is BHUUNP, which supposedly will work with things meant for UUNP while being an upgrade to the body textures and physics, found here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/100306. My question is could this be somehow causing the issue? I apologize if this is unrelated, but since it is something that hasn't been accounted for and I do not have much experience modding

That body should be fine as long as you install all HDT-PE files of it. I would still recommend reinstalling MO2 as well, it shouldn't take long. You can just cut and paste the mods, downloads and profiles folders for main part. Make sure all launch settings are done right.

So you can batch build also all Bodyslide supporting nexus outfits?