Stopping consensual aggressive anims being treated as rape?

I've started experimenting with Apropos 2 and the Apropos Editor. I wrote all the lines for a particular animation, but when I tried it in-game (initiating sex using "Working Girl" and the "you can be rough with me" option), they didn't show up. Instead, I got the generic "rape" lines for the scene. When I went back into the Apropos text files and created a "rape" version of each (by copy/pasting my files and renaming them with the addition of _Rape), they then worked. 

However, my character wasn't being raped, she'd solicited the NPC and consented to rough sex. Is it Apropos 2 reading things wrong, a problem with how "Working Girl" is flagging the anims or a general issue with SexLab? Any idea how to fix it so the animation is seen as consensual? I have got the "filter aggressive animations" option unchecked in SexLab if that helps.

Many thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 6:59 AM, LadyAneka said:

However, my character wasn't being raped, she'd solicited the NPC and consented to rough sex. Is it Apropos 2 reading things wrong, a problem with how "Working Girl" is flagging the anims or a general issue with SexLab? Any idea how to fix it so the animation is seen as consensual? I have got the "filter aggressive animations" option unchecked in SexLab if that helps.

So, there are two ways this decision can be made, as you suggest.

It's may be a problem with "Working Girl" setting the scene Victim to be your PC when you solicit rough sex.

It may also be that Apropos2 simply treats any "aggressive" animation as rape.

If you look in the console when the sex starts, it should tell you whether you are set as victim in SexLab.

If so, then blame Working Girl.

If not, then blame Apropos2.

If I had to guess, I'd blame Apropos2. I suspect that it treats any scene that is aggressive OR where the victim is set, as rapes.

It is less likely that Working Girl would be setting the PC as victim, as it knows you are soliciting.

In terms of a fix, if it's the animation tags, you can always create a replica of that animation that is not tagged aggressive, but has some tag of your own.

That's basically just done by editing some text files, re-FNIS and re-configure in SLAL.

If you look at the files in the SLAL packs you're using that provide the SLAL data, you'll see they are not complicated or hard to understand.

Or you can just use SLATE or some other tag-editing mod to modify the animation in place and make the existing animation non-aggressive rather than making a duplicate.

Clearly, there are downsides to that, but it comes down to what animation selection options Working Girl has, which TBH I know nothing about as I don't run SE.

If the PC is being set as Victim, you probably need to change the mod code. Raise the issue with the author, or mod your own copy.