geck help with creating a custom male race

3 hours ago, deathlyhill said:

as the title says i wanna create a custom male and female race and i need help with it lol

The option to make a new tab is on the GECK menu Character >>> Race

You can start duplicating an existing race or create a brand new race

In the tabs you'll see there are paths for the body mesh and the textures, you can change those to your custom assets' folders

The fields are pretty simple but if you need explanations you can find something HERE

After you created your custom race, you can create a new npc which will be your preset: you create it as a normal npc, but then you must flag "is chargen preset" in the first tab. You can find the explanation of more options HERE

After you finished, it would be very good to open with xEdit and clean the dirty records, because when you work on the race it always create them.

If you lose in some step please ask

On 5/23/2020 at 12:37 PM, dongding said:

It'd actually be way easier to just create it with FNVEdit.

It is for some things, other things you need the geck.

To OP, just find the race section of your game in FNVEdit and right click and copy as a new record into your mod. Then make changes as you want to attributes or point to new body nifs or whatever you're trying to do. I just copy an npc that's similar to what I want and make my changes. You can edit the features and other stuff in the geck. What exactly are you trying to do?

Guest Shadd Ashborn

If your goal is to simply create custom race with different textures and/or eyecolours, hairs - it is very easy. Here's a guide.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62261?

If you want to create race with custom head, with all morphs ans stuff, here's another guide.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62328?

For this you need to know your way around basic modeling and stuff, of course.