Doom Eternal ROLLS BACK -> Denuvo Anti Cheat

4 minutes ago, spaceman1 said:

I'm sorry didn't mean to come off that way. I'm just extra cranky having to stay confined cause I have Covid has made me little stir crazy. I'm just glad I have a mild case of it......I already had 3 friends die from it.

No, you were right. And I'm cranky as hell also. It's all good. ❤️

UPDATE:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/05/doom-eternal-anti-cheat-kernel-driver-is-safer-than-others-denuvo-says/

Doom Eternal reverses course, will remove kernel-level Denuvo anti-cheat
Update, May 20: After receiving a deluge of complaints, the makers of Doom Eternal have announced plans to reverse course on its kernel-level anti-cheat system.

In a Wednesday post at Reddit's Doom community, Doom Eternal executive producer Marty Stratton confirmed that the game's next patch will strip Denuvo Anti-Cheat from the game in its entirety. "Despite our best intentions, feedback from players has made it clear that we must re-evaluate our approach to anti-cheat integration," Stratton wrote. "As we examine any future of anti-cheat in Doom Eternal, at a minimum we must consider giving campaign-only players the ability to play without anti-cheat software installed, as well as ensure the overall timing of any anti-cheat integration better aligns with player expectations around clear initiatives—like ranked or competitive play—where demand for anti-cheat is far greater."

Stratton also claimed that the latest patch's issues with "performance and frame rate drops" were in no way due to the new Denuvo system but rather issues with "customizable skins" and "a code change we made around VRAM allocation." id Software has yet to date this upcoming patch.