Jump to content
IGNORED

Can't see a piece of an armor


Recommended Posts

This happens occasionally with some armors I have I noticed.  I don't know if it is on my end only or if it the files themselves.  And it tends to be very rare.  But sometimes I install an armor and some parts of it don't work.  By that, i mean I can equip them but I can't see them. My example case is (https://www.patreon.com/posts/melodic-flowing-31632455) Melodic Flowing.

 

I can equip and see every part of the armor EXCEPT the legs.  I can't see the legs when they're equipped.

 

I would like someone to have a look at the files and tell me how I might be able to fix this myself.  I assume there's either a typo somewhere or maybe even a missing file.  I built everything in bodyslide, tried fresh installs with new downloads, etc.  I cannot see the leg pieces for any of the variations in the armor.

 

For another example: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1588-cbbe-hdt-piercing-sets/.  A small section of the piercings never show up.  I'm led to believe this one is definetly from some kind of mismatch file or typo, but nobody taught me how to fix it.  But a whole subsection of the piercings cannot be seen when equipped.

 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Aki K said:

I can equip and see every part of the armor EXCEPT the legs.  I can't see the legs when they're equipped.

I experienced something like this when using Northgirl Armor. It turns out some of the armor parts using the same slots as DD which by default are hidden in DD hider settings. After unhide them it was solved.

 

9 minutes ago, Aki K said:

A small section of the piercings never show up

It could be that you're using extreme titties preset and the bodyslide's author didn't test them with those extra large goodness.

But there are a few item in those sets that even when I reduced the booby size, they're still not showing. It's the UNP version though.

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, shortiron said:

I experienced something like this when using Northgirl Armor. It turns out some of the armor parts using the same slots as DD which by default are hidden in DD hider settings. After unhide them it was solved.

 

It could be that you're using extreme titties preset and the bodyslide's author didn't test them with those extra large goodness.

But there are a few item in those sets that even when I reduced the booby size, they're still not showing. It's the UNP version though.

I always set the DD stuff to be off because it interfears with certain armors skirts.  The visibility is truly missing because I can equip the item, I just can't see it.

 

I was told there was a mismatched texture setting or something for the piercings.  But I wasn't given enough info to actually solve it.  Most of the piercings work, but a subset doesn't.

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, shortiron said:

Yep, confirmed.

Unless you equipped the body part too, the legs part won't work as intended.

It's not missing though, just clipping with your character's legs like crazy.

I have the body equipped.  Legs aren't showing at all.  Totally invisible.  Any idea how to fix it?

Link to comment

The piercings have some meshes that are totally broken. NifSkope will give errors when opening them, and I don't believe this is something that can be easily fixed.

 

As for the armour, install this or this, and check if any of your equipped items also use the slot 38.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Targultoon said:

check if any of your equipped items also use the slot 38

Yes it uses slot 38, but in my case it's not disappeared. Just clipping with character's legs.

Opened it in Outfit Studio, it turns out the legs part doesn't have base shape.

Assigned a body as base shape, conform all, done.

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, shortiron said:

Yes it uses slot 38, but in my case it's not disappeared. Just clipping with character's legs.

Opened it in Outfit Studio, it turns out the legs part doesn't have base shape.

Assigned a body as base shape, conform all, done.

So load project in outfit studio, open a reference body, assign base shape, save project?  I'll give it a try.

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, shortiron said:

Opened it in Outfit Studio, it turns out the legs part doesn't have base shape.

Assigned a body as base shape, conform all, done.

The reference shape here is contained in the body mesh, so if wearing that (as Aki says they are), the mesh will match up. Also, adding the reference shape to the legs mesh won't do anything but increase the load time, since the reference uses slot 32, which isn't in the armor or armor addon, so it won't display in game anyways.

 

What I said about the biped slot wouldn't actually be the problem here either, since the game will simply unequip conflicting armour, the reason it came up to me was because it's something that can happen with DD, where the thing you see in your inventory and in the world, isn't the same armor.

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Targultoon said:

The reference shape here is contained in the body mesh, so if wearing that (as Aki says they are), the mesh will match up. Also, adding the reference shape to the legs mesh won't do anything but increase the load time, since the reference uses slot 32, which isn't in the armor or armor addon, so it won't display in game anyways.

 

What I said about the biped slot wouldn't actually be the problem here either, since the game will simply unequip conflicting armour, the reason it came up to me was because it's something that can happen with DD, where the thing you see in your inventory and in the world, isn't the same armor.

As I said, I keep all the DD slots set to off, as I encountered this issue before with a skirt.  All of my slots should be clear.  And just to be sure, i equipped some items that take up the same slot.  It truly is this particular armor.  I have other melodic armors, and other armors in general that work just fine with that slot.

 

So this is something else.  DD isn't the issue here.

 

But I won't try the reference shape thing based on that advice.  It seems like it would just create a different issue.

 

 

Whether the main piece is equipped or not, the legs don't show up.  Other slot 38 armors do show up as far as I can tell.

 

EDIT: Okay, so the weirdest thing just happened.  It's starting to work in some files but not others.  And here's the kicker, it's working in the file where I first noticed it wasn't working.  NO settings have been changes, and no new mods have been installed.  One file can see it, 3 can't.  I double checked DD and the settings are exactly the same for all files.

Link to comment

Check with MFG Console (should also be included in Sexlab) what items are actually equipped. Open the console, select the player and there should be something like this:image.png.1abaeb56d5206f413b389659fe1488b0.png

Press shift while hovering over "equipments", then check every entry that doesn't have a name (again press shift, rather than mouse buttons), and check if there is a difference between the saves.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Targultoon said:

Check with MFG Console (should also be included in Sexlab) what items are actually equipped. Open the console, select the player and there should be something like this:image.png.1abaeb56d5206f413b389659fe1488b0.png

Press shift while hovering over "equipments", then check every entry that doesn't have a name (again press shift, rather than mouse buttons), and check if there is a difference between the saves.

Will do as soon as I can.

 

 

EDIT: Nothing.  It just started working randomly in all the files.  I changed literally nothing.  Nice that it's working but for all I know it could stop randomly again.

 

No unusual items equipped either.  Everything was normal.

Link to comment

In armor addon for the leggins the priority is 0, which means almost any pair of boots and many armors you equip will hide this leg armor since they nearly all hide slot 38. Set it to at least 15 and it should show up if you have the bodyslide issue worked out - but you may need to save load more than once with the item not equipped as the priority values don't always update in the save right away which is also why you sometimes get magical appear then disappear clothes when there is priority conflict.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, RW311 said:

In armor addon for the leggins the priority is 0, which means almost any pair of boots and many armors you equip will hide this leg armor since they nearly all hide slot 38. Set it to at least 15 and it should show up if you have the bodyslide issue worked out - but you may need to save load more than once with the item not equipped as the priority values don't always update in the save right away which is also why you sometimes get magical appear then disappear clothes when there is priority conflict.

How do you change it?

 

Also, on a related note.  I think I have an idea of what was causing the issue but I have to test a few things.  I think a different mod has been equipping and unequipping something that interferes with the slots.  My usual guess is SOS or DD since they gave me trouble in the past, but now I think it was a different mod altogether.  Just trying to figure out which one.  But since it suddenly started working, it's difficult to recreate the situation to find the mod.

Link to comment

With tes5edit look in armor addon, change male priority and female priority. If using ck I don't know if it's called the same way or if it's as simple to change? The random disappear of an armor or part of an armor is often caused by this priority setting if you don't have some other mod that is hiding the slots like dd, sos should not affect this slot it only hides 52.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...