Oblivion randomly freeze but sound and music still playing

MajorKururu

My oblivion randomly freeeze from 5 minute gameplay but something after 2 to 3 hour playing. I still unable to figure out what happen because it happen randomly. 

Here are my laptop spec and mod list is below

Acer Aspire V5-551G-84552G1T

AMD Quad Core A8 4555m 1.6Ghz

8 GB DDR3

1 TB HDD

AMD Radeon HD7600G+HD7650 1GB+1GB

Window 8 Pro

And yes, this laptop has crossfire technology which allow it to use both graphic at same time

A few questions that might help others narrow down the problem:

When did this start happening? Was it after a specific Mod installation? Has Oblivion worked fine before this? Are the crashes in specific places? First, I'd start deactivating your most recent mods two or three at a time and see if that gets you anywhere.

My oblivion worked fine on the old laptop with the same mod activated as in the new laptop. I installed and activated all mod at the same time and already try to deactivated all mod one by one at a time and i cant specific where it happen because it will happen randomly at any place at any time. none of the freeze happen at the same spot.

I think that you should check whether you zero setting with less than it of the ini file to check whether it is caused by sound, and the same phenomenon occurs.

bMusicEnabled=0

bSoundEnabled=0

When the same phenomenon occurs, some causes are thought about.

The problem of the sound device.
Codec is damaged.
Or, in that case, you may deal because the number of the pronunciation may exceed the limit of the device by rearranging sound file.

But there is the site explaining a coping method by XP, but there is not the place that I explain too much because it is out of support about Win8.

I think that you should check whether you zero setting with less than it of the ini file to check whether it is caused by sound, and the same phenomenon occurs.

bMusicEnabled=0

bSoundEnabled=0

Odd....just try the fix, it stop the sound and music but the random freeze never happen for straight 3-4 hour play but the freeze happen again after i revert to original setting. 

The problem of the sound device.
Codec is damaged.
Or, in that case, you may deal because the number of the pronunciation may exceed the limit of the device by rearranging sound file.

But there is the site explaining a coping method by XP, but there is not the place that I explain too much because it is out of support about Win8.

Try googling for the codec fix but no luck at all. Most for window xp  :(

The following sites are written in Japanese, but explain malfunction about the sound.

When you read using google translation, it may be understood.

I write some main point.

-DirectShow Filter may be replaced with the thing which is not suitable for Oblivion.

In this case it is necessary to set it for a standard again.

The tool using for the registration / cancellation of this filter is DirectShow Filter Tool.

The site introduces Media Player Classic as a convenient tool.

The filter which is used for reproduction by using this tool seems to be displayed.

The measures are still written elsewhere, but I translate it by yourself, and try it.

Archived