sexlab light?

embdude

Some mods like Slavers Keep (

)  require  SexLab Light...

I assume this is a version of sexlab that existed before the current form. So will the mods that require it still work with the current sexlab or do I need to have sexlab light installed as well? Am I just looking for trouble having them both installed?

I guess you have to uninstall SexLab and install SexLab light to get this mod work.

Because, as a framework, no matter it called "SexLab LIght" or "SexLab Framework", it serves mods that including the same code that requires the SexLab API. That means these frameworks must have many duplicated script file names so they conflict with each other.

Just now, moutymoo said:

Sexlab light is the version for Skyrim Special Edition (SE). Whereas the original sexlab is for Skyrim Legendary edition (LE).

You need to check more carefully, the mod "Slavers Keep" and the forum he is posting in are all about "SE", so he must already have been using SE and he must have asked about SexLab SE version not LE version.

And I personaly think you'll be fine by using SexLab rather than using SexLab Light. Because as I mentioned, they are the same to other modders. It is the implementation of the APIs that differs. The API names remain the same. And SexLab is using SKSE64 meaning it is more powerful and faster than mods that only use Papyrus scripts.

Note:

• But still, please don't expect everything to be the same as Oldrim SexLab. Without SKSE64, a lot of code had to be rewritten, meaning certain features get implemented differently or sacrificed altogether.

So you have to try it out to be sure.

Archived