How to edit, delete or mute specific animations contained in a .pkg file ?

I am using Kinky world and there are some animations i tying to remove or disable. For example, in a pkg. file there are 7 animation clips. From them, i want to delete or disable 5 or 6 of them. Also, i hope to learn using s3pe with animation files.

Please help. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:26 AM, ZinZan123 said:

I am using Kinky world and there are some animations i tying to remove or disable. For example, in a pkg. file there are 7 animation clips. From them, i want to delete or disable 5 or 6 of them. Also, i hope to learn using s3pe with animation files.

Please help. Thanks.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:58 AM, vtb said:

in the .399 build, I believe you can set specific stages to disabled

The specific term (in 399) is "blacklist", but you must have enabled KW debug first.

1) Sim | Kinky World | Settings | Misc | Enable Debug
2) Sim | Kinky World | Debug | WoohooStage | Add Stage to Blacklist

But, this will be reset any time you happen to "uninstall" KW (it's global, not per save), clear your library folder (yeah, don't do that), and (maybe) change worlds (I saw 399 ignore/forget settings when I travelled to the future once, but not everything was reset to defaults).

So the more permanent solution is, as your initial question was, editing the OKW file.

Start here:  http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Sims_3_XML_Tuning_Modding

I'm going to assume you've already downloaded S3PE.  If you've opened up any package file in it, you'll start figuring out how things look inside.

Animation files are controlled by XML files (inside the Packages), just like Tuning changes are.

The specific *.package file you want to open (for animations) are the ones with the OKW_ prefix.

The default sorting of things in S3PE should put the correct file up towards the top of the list.  If not, it's the one of Tag "_XML" and Name that matches the name of the other package file.

Example:  for OKW_Amra72_Animations.package it's the 2nd item (blue highlight)

Capture.PNG.a78220e9e559dac550cfd229cad82a03.PNG

Then basic knowledge of how to edit XML is needed.  (Not as scary as it might sound.)  Assuming no knowledge:  XML has a start tag and an end tag for every section.  The tag names match, but the ending tag has a slash "/" before the name.

Animations are controlled by a tag named "WooHooStage".  So to remove a stage, just remove everything between <WooHooStage> and </WooHooStage>, including the tags, themselves.

In this picture, which is the 1st animation in the above mentioned file, everything shown should (for clarity) be removed, but all you need to remove is highlighted.  The rest is a comment put there by the creator to help find/organize animations.  If you're removing everything in a section (per comments) then removing the comment (label) just makes it cleaner, but to the computer it doesn't matter.

Capture.PNG.d4accae1df465b4d63800f0728a1e5d5.PNG

What I tend to do is make a copy of the OKW package changing the name to include the date (or you could do a version number, just something so you know which is your current edit, instead of your older edits, and you will have many edits) and then either rename the original to end in ".disabled" or remove it from my active game Mods folder.  The ubiquitous Resource.cfg file will only load anything ending in ".package" so ".bak", ".old", ".junk", etc. will all work to prevent it loading, ".disabled" is used by the Sims3Dashboard (which, you are already using to verify no conflicts/duplicates, riiiiiightttttt????). :)

So, with this example pack, that would mean:

copy OKW_Amra72_Animations.package OKW_Amra72_Animations_20200506.package  (standard year-month-day date format that makes sorting by name also be by date)

rename OKW_Amra72_Animations.package to OKW_Amra72_Animations.package.disabled

open OKW_Amra72_Animations_20200506.package in s3pe

edit the KW_Amra72_Animations XML file

save and exit s3pe

If you've done this edit (safely) outside of your active game folder, then you'll need to copy the new package over & remove the old one, but if you've done those steps in your game folder, you can then just start TS3.