Can't use skimpy armor anymore, I get cold?

dumit

My first play though I just used stock armor just after the game came out and it wasn't a problem.  This play though however I started loading up on armor mods and mods in general.  

After I started playing again in January I started to get cold watching my dark elf run around showing too much skin.  At first it didn't bother me but after a week of playing in a room at 70*F, I had two or three blankets on.  I have always considered 70 the perfect temperature for comfort, but now I was freezing.  

Perhaps because I grew up in an area with really cold winters I know what it feels like to have exposed skin in really cold weather.  I see a girl wearing basically a bikini in a snow storm I empathize with her and feel cold, even though I know she is not real and doesn't act cold or even have the ability to be cold.  So after a week of freezing I uninstalled the skimpy armor mods and found a few nice modest armors that still look good.  Then I installed Frostfall, to keep me from installing skimpy armors again. For some reason Frostfall really helped me, that and "cloaks of Skyrim."  Now I can play in jeans and a T-shirt again. 

It is kinda interesting. While it was never an enduring problem for me, I know tht the first time i went to winterhold, with it's seemingly permanent blizzards, that i got a real chill and felt a shot of internal cold. 

TBPH I'd just chalk it up to well done atmospherics.

What an interesting Psychosomatic response!

You could always play a mage and put flame cloak on, toasty ^_^ I wonder does Frostfall account for that? O_o

I had to look that up, and no it doesn't.  :-/

mainly for immersion reasons they stated.

Archived