• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, DvPl said:

Lovely conversion, thanks! Is it possible to get an un-enchanted version of the sword? Perhaps in a future update?

EDIT: Would also be great if the armour could be improved at a workbench

It is possible to do both of those yourself via TESEdit.  I don't remember exactly how, but it is super easy.  You just change specific values for the pieces you want to be able to modify, and you can remove enchantments from armor in a similar way.  I bet there's a youtube tutorial.  I recommend learning this because it will also let you apply unique enchantments to an armor or weapon (as long as you add the appropriate master files to the armor).

23 hours ago, Aki K said:

It is possible to do both of those yourself via TESEdit.  I don't remember exactly how, but it is super easy.  You just change specific values for the pieces you want to be able to modify, and you can remove enchantments from armor in a similar way.  I bet there's a youtube tutorial.  I recommend learning this because it will also let you apply unique enchantments to an armor or weapon (as long as you add the appropriate master files to the armor).

I really should get around to learning, I'm just hesitant to touch my Skyrim install too much. I only recently fixed the naked vampire and forsworn bug I was having (which admittedly was hilarious).

I'll have a go at it, though. Thanks.

EDIT: If you could find a relevant tutorial, that'd be ace.

6 hours ago, DvPl said:

I really should get around to learning, I'm just hesitant to touch my Skyrim install too much. I only recently fixed the naked vampire and forsworn bug I was having (which admittedly was hilarious).

I'll have a go at it, though. Thanks.

EDIT: If you could find a relevant tutorial, that'd be ace.

I can't find a youtube tutorial but I can upload a notepad guide that can help.  Please note that the notepad file might have a bit more than you are asking for, but will definetly tell you how to make weapons/armors upgrade-able (as well as creating duplicate items if you want to keep the base sword untouched.)

I can also upload a picture, which I believe will be enough to remove an enchantment.  I can't say for sure it will allow for you to enchant it in game, but maybe someone else would know better.  You can however, replace the enchantment in TesEdit exactly the same way you removed it (as long as the necessary master files are present or if it is an enchantment from the base game.)

Enchantment Section in TesEdit:

Spoiler

496928824_RemoveEnchantment.png.f1fdf43290ae28a03381623a8d1843ce.png

Just replace or remove the "enchWeaponturnundead" and probably the enchantment amount as well.  I'm not 100% sure aboout this tbh, so have a backup of the mod in case this breaks it.

Regarding a more detailed answer for stuff, I think you'll find this notepad file helpful.

EDIT: In case the text file doesn't work (which has happened before on this site) here is what is says:

Spoiler

Some weapon mods don't let you upgrade them via grindstone.  This document gives advice on how to make that possible.  Haven't tried it myself yet and don't fully understand to clarify it yet.  So far no luck on my effort.  The items I wanted to edit don't seem to have the right IDs. Received advice from 3 different people which I just copied and pasted.

"This is likely depending on how many weapons there are going to get damn tedious very very quickly.

Part 1 -- Load the mod into xedit, when it has all loaded, go onto the constructable objects section for the weapons mod, next scroll down till you find the tempering recipe for the weapon that does not allow upgrading after enchanting.

What you should have by default, well if they built the esp in ck anyway, would be two keywords in the conditions section, one would be

Subject.EPTemperingItemIsEnchanted <> 1.000000 OR

The other one would be

Subject.HasPerk(ArcaneBlacksmith "Arcane Blacksmith" [PERK:0005218E], 0) = 1.000000 AND

Chances are that the weapons that do not allow tempering after enchanting, have one or both of those conditions missing, if the weapon is supposed to be unique or something like that then they are usually set to not be temperable by the player, it may well have already been included in the stats of the weapon to start with.

Pretty much to make them temperable you would need to add both those conditions, might well be easier in the ck to be honest, as you would be able to copy them from one of the vanilla tempering recipes and paste them into the appropriate mod tempering recipes pretty easily."

"Easiest way to figure it out is to look at a vanilla sample. Any "Temper" item under Constructible Object should help. Here's one for reference TemperArmorElvenLightBoots [COBJ:00000DD2].

The quick and dirty:

EDID - required editor id. should be unique for CK not to complain.

COCT - (auto generated from items list)

Items - (optional technically) list of ingredients required to do tempering

Conditions - (optional) list of conditions that must be met to see/use recipe

CNAM - object to temper. use the formid of your weapon/armor.

BNAM- bench that recipe is used on. always CraftingSmithingArmorTable [KYWD:000ADB78] for tempering armor and CraftingSmithingSharpeningWheel [KYWD:00088108] for weapons.

NAM1 - number of items to give upon completion of recipe. should be 1 unless you want to get more than 1 reward for tempering."

The easiest, perhaps, is to right-click on one of the existing crafting recipes, choose "copy as new record into", give it a new "Editor ID" name (like TemperingCoolLightsabre), and choose your mod (that's what it's "copying into".  Accept the default Form ID that is provided.  That Form ID will be unique.  You then need to change the crafting bench used (presumably from forge to grindstone), and change any other requirements you wish.  So long as the EditorID is descriptive and relates to your lighsabre, it's bound to be unique.  You might consider starting the name with your initials or some similar pattern you'll use for all your modding, so you can easily find them in alphabetical listings in the future.

Or you can start with a tempering recipe from Skyrim.esm, copy that as a new record into your mod, and change the CNAM - Created Object to match your item.  Do whichever requires less fussing on your part - you might then want to add perk "conditions" (existing Tempering recipes are good for understanding that).

Once you've made your first tempering recipe, always copy that one as a new record, it will be closest to what you want.  You might not have to change anything but the Editor ID and CNAM.  The first one is by far the hardest!

Mainly, experiment with changes in your mod, and compare your records to those of existing Constructible Objects in skyrim.esm.  You'll soon understand all the intricacies!

TesEdit Guide for Allowing Weapon Upgrades.txt

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...