How to replace a vertex-reduced mesh in original clothing nif? (Nifskope or OS)

In Outfit Studio, I can change a mesh morph using obj slider data as long as my vertex count stays intact. But what if I reduce the vertex count in Blender? I'd have to import the mesh into the existing armor.

But how does that work?

There must be a simple way to replace the geometry data of an existing clothing item with my new obj, and not have to worry about textures, shaders, flags, etc... of course I kept the UV layout the same. I just reduced the vertex count in blender.

Vertex count of the body mesh ?
In that order you complete asset (_1 weight) in 3D App and in Ostudio make a new project, load the reference slider body and load your created mesh as an Outfit (or import NIF ? ) > conform all ( fix clipping for sliders) > delete reference > save new project as.You can export from BS single weights or full weights (depends what you choose to save as) now with your new body.
Note - when you conform the outfit its better that it resemble the shape of reference body, that way some sliders wont deform vertices that hard.    

On 3/28/2020 at 5:43 PM, RomeoZero said:

Vertex count of the body mesh ?
In that order you complete asset (_1 weight) in 3D App and in Ostudio make a new project, load the reference slider body and load your created mesh as an Outfit (or import NIF ? ) > conform all ( fix clipping for sliders) > delete reference > save new project as.You can export from BS single weights or full weights (depends what you choose to save as) now with your new body.
Note - when you conform the outfit its better that it resemble the shape of reference body, that way some sliders wont deform vertices that hard.    

Thanks for replying, I did not word my question well. 

What I try to do is to take an existing armor mesh, and reduce its vertex count in blender, then trying to replace just the geometry of the mesh without having to change any of the shader and texture stuff.

Kinda the same way routine on armor, because you will need to collapse the stack of skin and dismemberskin in order to reduce polygons on mesh.Then copy weights from reference body to armor and make a project in OS. Or copy weights in OS itself and conform.