Anyone played Dark Souls?

I've rung the 2nd bell and defeated Ceaseless Discharge and am now in the Forest.

I'm a little concerned though' date=' how is From Soft going to translate the controls onto pc? I can't imagine it.

Still, I'm going to buy the pc version. You might think I'm crazy, but I want to buy it again and try it on PC.

[/quote']

Well, if you believe the articles I have read they really aren't going to do much with the keyboard/mouse setup - said the functions would be very basic. Last interview stated they are going to try to encourage folks to use a game pad :(

They also are not going to allow mods - the reason they said is due to them (the developer) not being experienced with them. Still they graphics were supposed to be a bit better for the PC version. :)

There's even better news for those buying the PC version. From Soft is adding new dungeons, enemies, bosses, and armors to the PC version. I recommend going to "EpicNameBro"'s channel on youtube for info. He's a reliable source. Now I'm probably going to stop playing on the Xbox version since the PC version is now fully superior (if you add in a game pad/controller) unless the port absolutely sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering how people who also played Demon Soul would compare this game to that one?

I got a PS3 last fall (have had a 360 for like 5 years, but there was a good deal on a PS3 combo pack I bought - came with God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 and a larger hard drive), and a friend had been talking about Demon Soul for a while.

I played that game and loved it totally. Frustrating at times, though, but very enjoyable (beat it twice with 1 character). Near the end of that 2nd playthrough I bought Dark Souls, but I don't think I was ready for "that kind of game" straight after Demon Souls, so it's just been sitting there not getting played, with me planning on coming back to it one day.

Any drastically differences?

Archived