Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Mod Request)

Real talk? As someone who was introduced to Falcom games with "they never really get too fanservice-y", I'm starting to feel like I've been lied to. I'm 9 hours in, and I damn near got seasick from how many times the camera forced itself up everyone's skirts.

I really hope someone works on giving Fie her old haircut. Wouldn't fix the rest of my problems with her new character design, but it'd at least stop me from sighing so much.

On 3/29/2020 at 1:50 AM, VeraLowPrices said:

Real talk? As someone who was introduced to Falcom games with "they never really get too fanservice-y", I'm starting to feel like I've been lied to. I'm 9 hours in, and I damn near got seasick from how many times the camera forced itself up everyone's skirts.

I really hope someone works on giving Fie her old haircut. Wouldn't fix the rest of my problems with her new character design, but it'd at least stop me from sighing so much.

Are you sure you are on the right side of the internet? This is where people make nude mods and you are complaining about fanservice here? Lol wtf
If anything we welcome it.

Welp, definitely not getting Fie's old haircut now.

It was less of a complaint about fanservice in general more than it was a complaint about skirts, I guess. Never been a huge fan, and the first two games were better about the camera angles, so I guess I felt compelled to vent. Try seeing it like a selling point.

On 3/28/2020 at 8:50 PM, VeraLowPrices said:

Man, I feel like we're somehow playing different games. 6 hours in and not once have they ever went up anyone's skirt. If anything, the camera angles are much more dynamic this time around. Showing scenes from different perspectives. Yes, sometimes from behind as well..but never a low angle shot intended to be an upskirt. I don't enjoy hamfisted fanservice myself, but this game is not that.

As for the haircut, it should theoretically be possible. The game seems to be running on the same engine. The problem however, is that these games never really got any mods. Nothing extensive like model swaps at least. There were some higher quality texture packs for 2 and that is about it really. This series never got any love on PC and I doubt it will now with this being the third game in.

23 hours ago, NumberXer0 said:

As for the haircut, it should theoretically be possible. The game seems to be running on the same engine. The problem however, is that these games never really got any mods. Nothing extensive like model swaps at least. There were some higher quality texture packs for 2 and that is about it really. This series never got any love on PC and I doubt it will now with this being the third game in.

Yeah, I haven't seen much of a modding community around the Trails series, short of undub patches, obviously. It's a shame, considering how good the ports are, but given that the character models were originally meant for the PS3 and Vita of all things, it's understandable. I guess OP's hoping that, now that the franchise is on current-gen systems and looks about as good as your average Tales game, someone will bite. It's why I'm asking for something so simple. Although I swear I've seen screenshots of someone swapping Giliath into one of Fie's bonding events, so at least one person's done a model swap before.

Personally the most "critical" possible mod for Trails 3 is to remove the damn towels they have on everyone when they're bathing. I mean it's very much suspension of disbelief breaking to see people standing under a running shower or sitting in a bathtub with a twel wrapped around their torso.

1+ for replacing the towels suit into nude mods. I't is so weird to see someone bathing or showering while covered with towel.

Don't know if it is possible to replace it with female texture and mesh from H-game such as musumakeup, since the body model looks similar...

Wish I understand how to do this modding things.

maxresdefault.jpg.25c3bfc66a3e60b05240875f612863ca.jpg

5e7d78443fe36.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 11:50 AM, VeraLowPrices said:

I kind of agree.  Haven't noticed upskirts in cutscenes, but they've definitely introduced a lot more ecchi type stuff which ruins the vibe of the games IMO (obviously not against it seeing as I'm a user here, but everything has a time and a place!).  TBH though I dig Fie's outfit minus the new haircut.

• 1 month later...

Theres a patron going by the name of The Silver Vox. People can try communicating with him. He release two minor mods (for free) for Cold Steel 3. One which made Juna's casuals skirt shorter and the other was to remove Altina's Thor Branch custome leggings.

CAnt link for obvious reasons

• 5 weeks later...

SpecialK_ToCS.7zthis is all i can find for the special k tool. i have absolutely no idea how people are creating textures but apparently this is the tool you need in the game file to force the game to read them? i really don't know. Also the textures they used were from the first game, but honestly if we can figure out how to get this to work for 3, we might be ready to mod the ever living tits out of 4.

Credit goes to Kaldaien for creating this tool.

edit: from what im seeing, this tool just injects the textures into the game, so we dont have to repack it into the original files and match stuff for the game to register it. the only issue im having is actually finding and figuring out how to extract those .dds files for the textures let alone whatever format they have the character models in.(hopefully something i can open with blender of metasequoia). All i see is a massive .pkg file under data>asset>D3D11>.pkg file. I dont know how to extract the contents of .pkg file but thats probably where all the textures and models are

34 minutes ago, nothingworksfuck said:

What part of Special K extracts the textures into dds so i can edit them? And i see what Vox is doing with the texures.

i just need to know:

-what tool is being used to extract the .dds

-where are the textures originally? the .pkg files under assets?

if you can pull the gui up in game (ctrl shift backspace) you should be able to extract them from the menu that comes up when you click the red button that says "Render Mod Tools"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...