Tutorials for making body modifcation mods?

Momo345

Currently I've been interested in trying to make an animal crossing/anthro mod, but I've had no clue how to go about it as an absolute beginner to making custom content of any kind, and most tutorials revolve around clothes. I've seen it done with mods such as savestate's furry mod, and I wanted to try as well with a different style. But right now besides even finding out how to do it, I'm not sure how I'll do it in the first place. I'm not sure how 2d eyes would work so I thought I'd mold it over more chibi 3d features like these:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/full-perm-Bear-Doll-mesh-avatar/6460623   https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NAM-ChiBEE-21/14407375

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NAM-Chibi-Bun-Bun-v2/6047631  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Utilizator-Anime-Head-M3-retex-fullperm-v2/4770844

But I have no idea how I'll go about any of it, especially whether it'll be possible for it to use CC eyes or I'll have to make eyes myself, how I'll be able to modify the body, clipping, etc. Are there any introductory tutorials- or tutorials at all, that teach you about body modification in the sims 4 to this extent?

11 hours ago, Momo345 said:

an absolute beginner to making custom content of any kind

Do you mean you can make your own meshes, but dont know about how to get them into Sims 4 ... or do you have no experience with 3D apps like Blender?

The only part of the body that you cannot control(and completely modify) is the head, so your mesh would have to cover it completely to hide it. Or you could create CAS presets to reshape your head with morphmaker, which is also much more complicated and might not even work if you go too crazy (you have to keep the same vertex count etc).

The rest of the body can be replaced by whatever mesh you make.

As far as a specific tutorial goes existing ... not really. You are asking how to do about 5 things at the same time and at least 4 of those are intermediate topics. However if you just start making clothes, you will get most of the knowledge necessary over time, as at the end of the day, you are going to use the same principles.

11 hours ago, LittleDoxy said:

From what I know, there is limitation to this. The mesh will clip through objets, the eyes and face won't be able to move.

It's the same as making clothing, expect the mesh is covering the entire body.

Ah, I see. But how would I be able to wrap the mesh around the body in a way like this? 

It looks like the entire face has been merged  with the mod so I'm not sure how to go about blending them together. Sorry if these are silly questions! ^^

1 hour ago, Kritical said:

Do you mean you can make your own meshes, but dont know about how to get them into Sims 4 ... or do you have no experience with 3D apps like Blender?

The only part of the body that you cannot control(and completely modify) is the head, so your mesh would have to cover it completely to hide it. Or you could create CAS presets to reshape your head with morphmaker, which is also much more complicated and might not even work if you go too crazy (you have to keep the same vertex count etc).

The rest of the body can be replaced by whatever mesh you make.

As far as a specific tutorial goes existing ... not really. You are asking how to do about 5 things at the same time and at least 4 of those are intermediate topics. However if you just start making clothes, you will get most of the knowledge necessary over time, as at the end of the day, you are going to use the same principles.

I don't know about the process to specifically sculpt a CAS preset for the sims 4. In savestates mod it seemed as if the entire face was warped and under a mesh, and the mouth can still move?

I don't understand how to get that effect. Would I morph the default character mesh and then place a mesh on top of it, how would I blend the mesh into the body smoothly?  As for the chibi body, would I have to create a new body preset alongside sculpting a mesh on top of the default character body, and how?  Sorry if these are silly questions, I'm just not sure how to get from clothes to body mods like this.

39 minutes ago, Momo345 said:

Would I morph the default character mesh and then place a mesh on top of it, how would I blend the mesh into the body smoothly?

When creating an outfit for The Sims 4. Let's say a shirt. You're not placing the shirt on top of the original mesh. You're replacing the original mesh by your own. (I'm not familiar about the face though.) To blend everything together, you use parts of the original mesh, so everything line up correctly.

42 minutes ago, Momo345 said:

As for the chibi body, would I have to create a new body preset alongside sculpting a mesh on top of the default character body, and how?

It depends how you do this. If you're "just" doing an outfit. (Think of it as a Mascot costume.) I don't think you don't have to worry about presets. But depending on the geometry you might need to spend a lot of time assigning weights. If you want the eyes and face to move, that's more complex and I can't come up with a solution off the top of my head.

I afaraid to be more confusing than anything. What I would suggest is to start with the basics, like a shirt. So you'll be able to warp your head about the process of creating CC. Once this is done you will be able to really express yourself. I'm still learning everyday, but I'm thinking about writing a guide to start making CC.

Archived