Making mods dependent on Wicked Whims (zebru's mod constructor?)

It's possible. It's happened before. People make mods dependent on Wicked Whims, but HOW? I'm pretty new to modding and can only do basic python, so I use Zebru's Mod Constructor for creating simple things like new traits and new aspirations. I really want to make some traits that depend on Wicked Whims, which I feel would enrich my gameplay. Is it possible to somehow import Wicked Whims presets into Zebru's Mod Constructor and work from there? Or do I have to do something completely different, in which case I'm all ears and begging for some pointers in the right direction, I'm not afraid to ditch Mod Constructor and get my hands dirty if I need to!

I know some people have asked about similar things and received no response. I'm just hoping this time it will be different. Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom!

My computer with Mod Constructor is broken right now, unfortunately.  I'll try to explain this the best I can without Mod Constructor in front of me!

The first thing I recommend doing is downloading Sims 4 Studio if you haven't already. To open WickedWhims in Sims 4 Studio, click "My Projects" and then choose the WickedWhims .package file. Click on "Warehouse." Sort by "Type."  Notice Buff Tunings and Interaction Tunings. Those are generally what you can test for. For example, let's say I wanted to have an aspiration goal of "Have Sex with a Ghost." WickedWhims has a buff for that! 

If you find "TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Buff_Sex_Satisfaction_Ghost_Sex" and click on "XML" you'll be able to read the XML for this resource. You need to know the Tuning ID of this buff which can be found in the XML after "s=" on the second line. The Tuning ID for TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Buff_Sex_Satisfaction_Ghost_Sex is 12784502657411725903.

Now, you go into Mod Constructor. I assume you already know how to make traits, aspirations, etc. To test for a buff in an aspiration, I would run a "Buff Test." You'll see where you can choose a Game Reference with buffs from the game to choose from. You'll notice all those options have Tuning IDs (the numbers for the game are much shorter). Now, to test for this buff, you'll just copy-paste your Tuning ID 12784502657411725903 into the Game Reference box. 

The interaction you're probably going to use the most is TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Sex_Animation_Default. The Tuning ID is 11270438951712522986. This is the blanket interaction for all sex animations and it's the only one you can test for. To my understanding, it's impossible to differentiate between oral/anal/vaginal/etc and masturbation or sex. Let's say you wanted to create a failure loot for someone who hasn't participated in a sex animation in 24 hours. In the "Test Conditions" box choose "New Element," "Add Component," "Interaction Running Test" and copy-paste 11270438951712522986 into the box under "Game Reference." 

Does this make any sense? Let me know if you have any questions. 

TL;DR: Get Tuning IDs from S4S and copy-paste into Mod Constructor under "Game Reference." 

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2020 at 1:50 AM, Guest said:

My computer with Mod Constructor is broken right now, unfortunately.  I'll try to explain this the best I can without Mod Constructor in front of me!

The first thing I recommend doing is downloading Sims 4 Studio if you haven't already. To open WickedWhims in Sims 4 Studio, click "My Projects" and then choose the WickedWhims .package file. Click on "Warehouse." Sort by "Type."  Notice Buff Tunings and Interaction Tunings. Those are generally what you can test for. For example, let's say I wanted to have an aspiration goal of "Have Sex with a Ghost." WickedWhims has a buff for that! 

If you find "TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Buff_Sex_Satisfaction_Ghost_Sex" and click on "XML" you'll be able to read the XML for this resource. You need to know the Tuning ID of this buff which can be found in the XML after "s=" on the second line. The Tuning ID for TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Buff_Sex_Satisfaction_Ghost_Sex is 12784502657411725903.

Now, you go into Mod Constructor. I assume you already know how to make traits, aspirations, etc. To test for a buff in an aspiration, I would run a "Buff Test." You'll see where you can choose a Game Reference with buffs from the game to choose from. You'll notice all those options have Tuning IDs (the numbers for the game are much shorter). Now, to test for this buff, you'll just copy-paste your Tuning ID 12784502657411725903 into the Game Reference box. 

The interaction you're probably going to use the most is TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Sex_Animation_Default. The Tuning ID is 11270438951712522986. This is the blanket interaction for all sex animations and it's the only one you can test for. To my understanding, it's impossible to differentiate between oral/anal/vaginal/etc and masturbation or sex. Let's say you wanted to create a failure loot for someone who hasn't participated in a sex animation in 24 hours. In the "Test Conditions" box choose "New Element," "Add Component," "Interaction Running Test" and copy-paste 11270438951712522986 into the box under "Game Reference." 

TL;DR: Get Tuning IDs from S4S and copy-paste into Mod Constructor under "Game Reference." 

Yes, it makes sense. I hope you are still around so you could give me a helping hand about these. No, I'm not an OP, just someone who appreciates your experience about modding.

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2020 at 7:50 PM, Guest said:

I'm having trouble with this. Do you mind helping?

• 1 year later...

Wish somebody could just make a video, so much easier to see what to do. Struggeling with this, it just won't work and I have noe clue what I'm doing wrong. No tutorial for aspiration either, so difficult to understand what everything does for a non-native english speaker. Like, how does the game know I'm refering to wicked whims? Do I have to export something into the game to make it work? Because just refering to it does not work.

• 10 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 5:32 PM, k1kk1 said:

Wish somebody could just make a video, so much easier to see what to do. Struggeling with this, it just won't work and I have noe clue what I'm doing wrong. No tutorial for aspiration either, so difficult to understand what everything does for a non-native english speaker. Like, how does the game know I'm refering to wicked whims? Do I have to export something into the game to make it work? Because just refering to it does not work.

I second this. There is literally only this form I've seen for tutorials on creating mods for wicked whims