second life ?

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

man i have so many avatars i made >.> but seems like i'm broke i can't buy anything lately seriously we need to have LL gathering on sl that would be fun!

I am very interested in Second Life, even made a femmeboi avatar. But the damn thing keeps disconnecting on me. I think it's probably the wireless set up I'm working with now, and am forced to work with. I boosted the signal and everything still no luck with stopping the disconnects. The router is on the other side of the house, and mehhh. I really want to give it a shot but mehhhhhh... We'll see, maybe in the future.

If I finally do start playing, I'd definitely need help as it is a bit overwhelming for a newbie. Sure I figured a bit out, but far from everything not even close.

Guest Lady Luck

I am very interested in Second Life, even made a femmeboi avatar. But the damn thing keeps disconnecting on me. I think it's probably the wireless set up I'm working with now, and am forced to work with. I boosted the signal and everything still no luck with stopping the disconnects. The router is on the other side of the house, and mehhh. I really want to give it a shot but mehhhhhh... We'll see, maybe in the future.

If I finally do start playing, I'd definitely need help as it is a bit overwhelming for a newbie. Sure I figured a bit out, but far from everything not even close.

its your dns server change that ...  i build houses on sl so you know :P

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are a couple of things you might try if you're still interested. There are alternative viewers for SL that (for me) are more stable than the LL viewer... I use Singularity for everyday activity, and then Nirans if I want it to look fancy for screenshots and the like.

The big thing that fixed frequent disconnects for me though was setting up and forwarding a nonstandard port. The default is 13000, but I use 13031.

Anywho I'm an '07 in SL but I only just thought to search for it here.

I've joined the group (LoversLab in SL) and I'm happy to help new folks who're just exploring the world, although I'm much less active than normal thanks to the recent Steam sale bloating my game library with all kinds of (hopefully) cool shit to play.

Archived