[1.5 Soon!] RJW Animation Framework

On 7/23/2022 at 10:30 AM, Androsci said:

Apologies

I ran c0feee's autoupdate script right before the last session so everything should have been up to date, might need to update the script itself though. Apologies for sending wrong log, here it is: https://gist.github.com/c41f995db76d94dadd731895710dcd4d

Yeah, you got the old sexperience active. Update c0ffees updater and remove the old sexperience and have it download the new one.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question. How does the Male/Male/Female threesome animation trigger, and how difficult would it be to add other such animations?

I felt there was a distinct lack of threesomes in my Rimworld experience so I'm playing around in Spriter trying to make some. Unfortunately my programming experience is next to null so I'm not sure where to go from there.

5 hours ago, Wooded Meadow said:

I have a question. How does the Male/Male/Female threesome animation trigger, and how difficult would it be to add other such animations?

I felt there was a distinct lack of threesomes in my Rimworld experience so I'm playing around in Spriter trying to make some. Unfortunately my programming experience is next to null so I'm not sure where to go from there.

I believe that normally the only way threesomes can trigger is non-censentually, when two pawns happen to target another at the same time

However, I just so happened to release a new mod yesterday that adds another threesome animation as well as adding some new ways for threesomes to occur :) Just be warned there still maybe bugs

You can find it here: Rimworld Animation Patch

2 hours ago, AbstractConcept said:

I believe that normally the only way threesomes can trigger is non-censentually, when two pawns happen to target another at the same time

However, I just so happened to release a new mod yesterday that adds another threesome animation as well as adding some new ways for threesomes to occur :) Just be warned there still maybe bugs

You can find it here: Rimworld Animation Patch

Ahh, impeccable timing! And maybe I should have looked harder ?

I'll check it out, thanks.

Real stupid question. Is there any way to test out added animations, or just RNG it? I've been modifying most of the animations, but getting them to roll through or find out why they're not playing is pretty time consuming. 

Basically a way to use debug to cycle the animations, if possible.

36 minutes ago, Pure Minua said:

Real stupid question. Is there any way to test out added animations, or just RNG it? I've been modifying most of the animations, but getting them to roll through or find out why they're not playing is pretty time consuming. 

Basically a way to use debug to cycle the animations, if possible.

You can alter the sex types to heavily skew the type of sexual actions to the ones that would trigger the animation in question, should be in the RJW sex settings. That could be a basic way to do it. Using hero mode you can also force a pawn into different actions to try and proc the one you want better.

Edited by Kaedo
16 hours ago, Kaedo said:

You can alter the sex types to heavily skew the type of sexual actions to the ones that would trigger the animation in question, should be in the RJW sex settings. That could be a basic way to do it. Using hero mode you can also force a pawn into different actions to try and proc the one you want better.

Aye, that's what I've been doing. Problem arises when you're expanding upon near every animation. Ah well, just gotta hope for the best.

Lastly, in some of the original animations there were tags of <interactionDefType>; I've noticed that these are largely unused in newer animations. Just wondering if we can nix these entirely.

5 hours ago, NuclearMuffin said:

https://gist.github.com/8ed9c8964b7fd2a52dc8affd2aec10af

Sometimes I get this error that tanks FPS and overall ticks, I caught it again just in this hugslog. I think its at the end its one of the most recent things before I took the log. I can fix it by downing the pawn with the error (usually an animal) and then just waking them back up. Just thought I would mention it though.

I had that issue start when I was editing the mod list during gameplay recently, and it stopped when I started a new game. Seems to dislike having mod lists altered in certain ways lately now.

5 hours ago, NuclearMuffin said:

https://gist.github.com/8ed9c8964b7fd2a52dc8affd2aec10af

Sometimes I get this error that tanks FPS and overall ticks, I caught it again just in this hugslog. I think its at the end its one of the most recent things before I took the log. I can fix it by downing the pawn with the error (usually an animal) and then just waking them back up. Just thought I would mention it though.

Something is interfering with rjw animations comp for that animal. not sure what it is. Usually this happens to a pawn that doesnt have the comp applied to them but horses definitely should have it so a mod is likely breaking it. Either a mod breaking the animals core basepawn (where the anim comp is patched) or maybe yayo anims is interfering in some way. Should try reinstalling rjw anims fresh before trying anything.

16 hours ago, Tory187 said:

Something is interfering with rjw animations comp for that animal. not sure what it is. Usually this happens to a pawn that doesnt have the comp applied to them but horses definitely should have it so a mod is likely breaking it. Either a mod breaking the animals core basepawn (where the anim comp is patched) or maybe yayo anims is interfering in some way. Should try reinstalling rjw anims fresh before trying anything.

Would it potentially be animal logic? I dont think it affects animations but I also dont know how to mod so I dont really know.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pardon my noobiness on this, but how exactly do I download this mod? When I click on the Git link, all I get is this:
image.thumb.png.b6cced7e1fa2afd18d21e9903e7691d9.png

Do I have to clone and compile this to generate the files needed? I don't see anything under "Releases" like you normally would in Github. Someone mentioned to check the History tab for a list of releases, but all I see are commits.

8 hours ago, Melty1896 said:

Pardon my noobiness on this, but how exactly do I download this mod? When I click on the Git link, all I get is this:

Do I have to clone and compile this to generate the files needed? I don't see anything under "Releases" like you normally would in Github. Someone mentioned to check the History tab for a list of releases, but all I see are commits.

No point to download it right now I think. Since RJW no longer support 1.3 and this mod has still not been updated you might have issues.

• c0ffeeeee changed the title to [Rimworld 1.4] RJW Animation Framework
  • c0ffeeeee changed the title to [RimWorld 1.4] RJW Animation Framework
1 hour ago, c0ffeeeee said:

working on it :)

God damn it man. Just let me sleep. I have been sorting out mods all day and was just about to go to bed and now you show up making me go back to the computer. Why you do this to me man?

Edited by jenova666
typo
6 hours ago, c0ffeeeee said:

1.4 is up! Currently only tested without Biotech, though in theory it should work fine with it (25 bucks Tynan pls). As usual, let me know if you get any errors or issues.

Hey coffee, thanks for this mod. Just wanted to check if downloading the source code and deleting the git attributes/gitignore/visual studio sln files would be enough for an upgrade? There is no need to build the solution right ?

14 hours ago, Melty1896 said:

Hey coffee, thanks for this mod. Just wanted to check if downloading the source code and deleting the git attributes/gitignore/visual studio sln files would be enough for an upgrade? There is no need to build the solution right ?

if you use lazy installer you can break it by deleting files, but otherwise it'll work fine. Those extra files are just ignored by Rimworld anyway

On 10/26/2022 at 2:10 AM, c0ffeeeee said:

1.4 is up! Currently only tested without Biotech, though in theory it should work fine with it (25 bucks Tynan pls). As usual, let me know if you get any errors or issues.

Are there plans to add the ability to be independent of RJW for Biotech for this mod? To keep the mechanics of pregnancy and lovemaking from the DLC, but be able to see animations from this mod?