IGNORED

Can't edit body type?

I'm having a problem changing this mod's body type, it keeps using the default CBBE. Adding the new ones to the folder doesn't do anything, unpacking the BSA doesn't show anything except the face files and with the editor changing the paths doesn't work either. I don't understand why it keeps using the default body.

Desktop.7z

41 minutes ago, Inarika said:

I'm having a problem changing this mod's body type, it keeps using the default CBBE. Adding the new ones to the folder doesn't do anything, unpacking the BSA doesn't show anything except the face files and with the editor changing the paths doesn't work either. I don't understand why it keeps using the default body.

Desktop.7z 14.45 MB · 1 download

From what I can see the mod doesn't have a standalone body assigned so should just use your games default body.

Also, the armour is a full body and head replacement rather than being armour slots which probably means if you target this NPC and use console to strip them their body changes shape.

2 hours ago, Inarika said:

Desktop.7z 14.45 MB · 2 downloads

The mod is not using the game body type. You need to fix the broken liara.nif and add your body type. Needs some time in blender to merge the broken meshes, and remove the body.

13 minutes ago, Swe-DivX said:

The mod is not using the game body type. You need to fix the broken liara.nif and add your body type. Needs some time in blender to merge the broken meshes, and remove the body.

Is it not?

Show me how you came to that conclusion.

I'm not being facetious, from what I can say there is no naked body set to in the esp which means it will use the body meshes from character assets.

If you know otherwise please explain.

In case you had seen this mesh and thought it was the body mesh, it isn't. It's the outfit mesh.

Spoiler

image.png.7119b9977f1a725caa5cc131412cf8fe.png

1 hour ago, Mez558 said:

Is it not?

Show me how you came to that conclusion.

I'm not being facetious, from what I can say there is no naked body set to in the esp which means it will use the body meshes from character assets.

If you know otherwise please explain.

In case you had seen this mesh and thought it was the body mesh, it isn't. It's the outfit mesh.

Hide contents

image.png.7119b9977f1a725caa5cc131412cf8fe.png

As you can se in the nif, it has no body mesh like UUNP or CBBE. Its all a broken export.

Naked armor settings is only used when NPC is not using an armor, you can use the settings for a armor without a body. I think you just misunderstood me ?

This mod is not ready to use in a game. It has some errors in the esp.

A quick solution is to fix the esp errors and add the body sliders to the liara.nif in Bodyslider and update the esp with Weight settings.

Anteckning 2020-03-10 165102.jpg

Anteckning 2020-03-10 165102-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Swe-DivX said:

As you can se in the nif, it has no body mesh like UUNP or CBBE. Its all a broken export.

Yes but I got the impression the issue was with the unarmoured body. Although having seen the mesh/follower ingame now the default hands are still being added (probably feet too, I didn't look)

Naked armor is only used when NPC is not using an armor. I think you just misunderstood me ?

Fully aware of that, pretty certain I covered that by saying this is an outfit mesh. Guess we're not understanding each other.

This mod is not ready to use in a game. It has some errors in the esp

Mod works ok in game from what I can see, not sure about dialogue but the only issue I see is with the Armour.

Easier/Clearer to show this in CK than XEdit

image.png.27201e34b986eee6f1c71c4458f17418.png

The outfit has 1 item, it should cover Body, Hands and Feet but instead it covers Body, Forearms and Calves. Since Calves and Forearms are not seperate meshes there is no reason to cover them (except to prevent equipping items to slots 34 and 38) and as 33-Hands and 37-Feet are not covered the game is attaching them to a mesh that doesn't need them, they are also misaligned.

So the easy fix is to just to add slots 33 and 37 to the Biped Object list.

Now she looks fine

Spoiler

20200310165847_1.jpg.6faf0f6b9aa517dfc1c95df80494b022.jpg

Personally I would look for a suitable Sci-Fi style armour set and equip her with that.

I did look but I couldn't find anyone that made this armour for Skyrim.

I would suggest one that is full body, leaving only the neck and above showing since her skin texture/colour doesn't match with body and head.

Thanks for looking into this. It seems a fix is a bit out of my league but I can always use a body changer mod to give here new meshes.

I just realized I forgot something; I deleted the armor long ago and uploaded the mod from my installed mods folder instead of the date folder.

She doesn't have armor anymore and is naked like normal but can use any armor or clothes I give her.

Her voice works too and she can even use the biotec spells from another mod.

I just made you guys look at the armor didn't I, that's one idiot point for me! Sorry about that.

3 hours ago, Inarika said:

Thanks for looking into this. It seems a fix is a bit out of my league but I can always use a body changer mod to give here new meshes.

I just realized I forgot something; I deleted the armor long ago and uploaded the mod from my installed mods folder instead of the date folder.

She doesn't have armor anymore and is naked like normal but can use any armor or clothes I give her.

Her voice works too and she can even use the biotec spells from another mod.

I just made you guys look at the armor didn't I, that's one idiot point for me! Sorry about that.

So you just want her to use a different Mesh from your default one?

15 hours ago, Mez558 said:

So you just want her to use a different Mesh from your default one?

Yes the meshes only. She uses the default CBBE female textures and if I change those the color is never the same as her head anyway.

22 minutes ago, Inarika said:

Yes the meshes only. She uses the default CBBE female textures and if I change those the color is never the same as her head anyway.

Actually there's no custom textures there that I can see, it's just a skin colour which is applied by the game.

1 hour ago, Inarika said:

Could you post a screen shot of Liara Naked? I only want to see shoulders and head to see how well the textures blend on yours and if you have the same neck gap that I do

47 minutes ago, Inarika said:

Thank you
Mine looks nothing like that, that's before I'd messed with the esp.

After adding a custom body there was as noticeable neckgap but even before the head and body colour do not match at all. Possibly due to the texture I am using.

Spoiler

20200311191903_1.jpg.ff73407de82dcd3facc09a4ef52c4408.jpg