IGNORED

Problems with Serana / Repair with DLC1NPCMentalModel

After some problems with Serana I had to carry out some manual repairs.

So I used setpqv <quest form ID> <quest variable ID> <desired variable> to reset most of the variables to my liking.

Unfortunately I cannot change the following entries as setpqv DLC1NPCMentalModel VQ02Open True (f.e.) does not work for them.

VQ02Open

VQ02Playful

VQ02PlayfulGuarded

VQ03GuardedSerious

VQ03Open

VQ03Playful

VQ04GuardedA

VQ04GuardedB

VQ04GuardedC

VQ04Lonely

VQ04Open

Do you have ideas how to change / set back these entries?

12 hours ago, Veldon said:

After some problems with Serana I had to carry out some manual repairs.

So I used setpqv <quest form ID> <quest variable ID> <desired variable> to reset most of the variables to my liking.

Unfortunately I cannot change the following entries as setpqv DLC1NPCMentalModel VQ02Open True (f.e.) does not work for them.

VQ02Open

VQ02Playful

VQ02PlayfulGuarded

VQ03GuardedSerious

VQ03Open

VQ03Playful

VQ04GuardedA

VQ04GuardedB

VQ04GuardedC

VQ04Lonely

VQ04Open

Do you have ideas how to change / set back these entries?

Is it worth fixing? You have no previous save. In the worst case, you can ask for help here. Can't promise he has time, but you can always ask.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776

Due to some mods most of my savegames were a mess and were just good enough for the bin. The above mentioned step should have been the last to restore the desired state. It is more a personal challenge than absolute necessity, but I want to win. First these issues then Alduin. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. :) Until now I used the SaveTool, which was easy to handle in WINE.

21 hours ago, Veldon said:

After some problems with Serana

There has been volumes wrote on this very topic. If you want to do the Dawnguard quests with her it is best to never mod her only her appearance. Never use a follower mods on her ever it breaks her. Make a hard save before a big quest it will save your game and sanity.

Finally I was able to solve my problem, though it was a pain to get the tools and Java up and running in WINE (PlayOnLinux). ?

As a side note: The problems with Serana came in the wake of other problems. I never used non-appearance Serana mods. Basically you just need a completely messed up mod compilation. She is in fact the most vulnerable follower regarding her implementation.