[mod] Rimworld 1.3: Nephila Hyperpregnancy Race Mod

I have released a new version of the mod: 
* Quest window now works. 

* Nephilim now have quests. They're basic (basically just retextures of the quests you can find in the corporate mod on Steam), but I intend to work on improving them and making them more unique in the future.

* Pawn generation has been properly fixed now. Folks aren't likely to see much difference here, but the changes opened up the possibility to get other aspects of the mod (like the quest menu) working properly.
* Title inheritance hasn't quite been fixed, but it should be better. Pawns are less likely to inherit titles from Nephilim visitors unless they are related to them in some way and titles will no longer "stack" to allow pawns to shoot up the ranks. Will keep working on this as I am able. 
* Slightly increased Nephilim movement and removed vomiting. I'm communicating with the author of RJW Race Support about reducing the debuff to speed from some of the body parts in that framework for Nephila, too. 

A note: I had to touch a lot of systems to get these changes working, so folks will need to start a new game after downloading this update. If you wish to continue with an ongoing save, I'm afraid you're going to have to wait to update until after you're done with that save. I'll keep a personal copy of the pre-update version to share with folks who break stuff and need to go back to the older version to continue older saves. 

Really enjoying this mod so far and its mechanics despite the occasional bugs, which i've been able to overcome by looking at the code and defs and tweaking my save. However i have a question that i couldn't answer myself after (way too long of) scouring the git source, where is the actual gestation progress of the maidens and matrons and such handled? I can't find any mention of such thing anywhere beside the non-humanlike egg process. RimHUD proudly shows me a percentage for "Gestation progress" but i have no clue where it's pulling that number from? Just wanting to know more about this mod since i love its ideas and i also have 0 experience with C#

For gestation stuff, look in 1.1's .dll. Specifically, "CompProperties_NephilaMilkableHumanoid," "CompNephilaMilkableHumanoid," "JobDriver_MilkHumanoid," "JobDriver_NephilaMilkSelf," and "JobGiver_NephilaMilkSelf."

"CompNephilaMilkableHumanoid," in particular, will be of interest for your specific question as milk progress/gestation is defined there (as "milkProgress"). 

If you're not sure how to go through the .dll, try downloading DNspy and viewing it with that. DNspy can also be used to tweak elements in .dlls, too, in case you want to fiddle with stuff (though I advise you make a copy of the .dll before doing so). Can be great way to start thinking through how C# coding works in Rimworld. 

If you're running Verb Expansion Framework in Royalty, lht, try removing it from your load order. The royalty version of the Nephila mod no longer requires the verb expansion framework and the verb expansion framework, as far as I'm aware, has yet to be updated for the newest version of Rimworld.

2 hours ago, HiveBro said:

For gestation stuff, look in 1.1's .dll. Specifically, "CompProperties_NephilaMilkableHumanoid," "CompNephilaMilkableHumanoid," "JobDriver_MilkHumanoid," "JobDriver_NephilaMilkSelf," and "JobGiver_NephilaMilkSelf."

"CompNephilaMilkableHumanoid," in particular, will be of interest for your specific question as milk progress/gestation is defined there (as "milkProgress"). 

If you're not sure how to go through the .dll, try downloading DNspy and viewing it with that. DNspy can also be used to tweak elements in .dlls, too, in case you want to fiddle with stuff (though I advise you make a copy of the .dll before doing so). Can be great way to start thinking through how C# coding works in Rimworld. 

If you're running Verb Expansion Framework in Royalty, lht, try removing it from your load order. The royalty version of the Nephila mod no longer requires the verb expansion framework and the verb expansion framework, as far as I'm aware, has yet to be updated for the newest version of Rimworld.

Hi HiveBro, I have remove Verb Expansion Framework but still get this error. I tried downloading the previous version (fixing the quest task you post here) and didn't get this error. 

Thank you for clarifying, I had suspected that to be the case but i guess i didn't investigate the defs enough to see the <milkDef>CoalescingSeraphim</milkDef> stuff. I played around with it and didn't see anything change but I found out it's because when you're evolving the Nephila, the 'old' Nephila that gets deleted actually persists in the save data, so i was simply modifying a nonexistent colonist. I don't know if you know about this happening

Hmm. A hugslog might help me figure out your issue, then, lht. 

For the old pawns still existing, I could look into stopping that happening, but it would likely take significant work. Unless there are significant errors being caused by the technical continued existence of those pawns, I'll be leaving the code as-is.

18 hours ago, HiveBro said:

Hmm. A hugslog might help me figure out your issue, then, lht. 

For the old pawns still existing, I could look into stopping that happening, but it would likely take significant work. Unless there are significant errors being caused by the technical continued existence of those pawns, I'll be leaving the code as-is.

Thank for reply. This is my log file. 

Player.log

Version 1.1.1 is the most current version.

Looking at your log, lht, my best guess is it has something to do with the way you installed the game from GoG. Looking over the "fallback handler issue," I found the following discussion: https://answers.unity.com/questions/606854/fallback-handler-could-not-load-library.html. Don't think it perfectly applies since you're using 64 bit, but it does seem like something is happening in the way you set up the game that is preventing your game from properly loading quite a few of your mods. 

Looking closer, the specific errors in question don't seem to be Nephila specific, though they could still involve the mod if there's some sort of mod incompatibility occurring. The abilities the error applies to are vanilla abilities (in the Royalty DLC) not Nephila specific (not introduced or directly modified by the Nephila mod). Try taking Nephila out of your load order to see if the error crops up again. If it occurs with Nephila removed, then it's another mod. If removing Nephila removes the error, then it's likely a mod compatibility error. 

Once you've done this, try thinking about which mod could either be causing the error or introducing an issue of compatibility. The error log mentions "goodwillimpactolodgers," which neither Royalty nor the Nephila mod seem to introduce. Are you using a mod that does something with visitors (say, hospitality?) If you're having trouble narrowing down which mod could be at issue, try removing half of your (non-dependency) mods at a time, adding in and cutting out mods in half-of quantities until you narrow down to the problem mod. You can also link your mod list to me and I'll take a quick look and let you know if I see anything that I think could cause issues.

8 hours ago, HiveBro said:

Version 1.1.1 is the most current version.

Looking at your log, lht, my best guess is it has something to do with the way you installed the game from GoG. Looking over the "fallback handler issue," I found the following discussion: https://answers.unity.com/questions/606854/fallback-handler-could-not-load-library.html. Don't think it perfectly applies since you're using 64 bit, but it does seem like something is happening in the way you set up the game that is preventing your game from properly loading quite a few of your mods. 

Looking closer, the specific errors in question don't seem to be Nephila specific, though they could still involve the mod if there's some sort of mod incompatibility occurring. The abilities the error applies to are vanilla abilities (in the Royalty DLC) not Nephila specific (not introduced or directly modified by the Nephila mod). Try taking Nephila out of your load order to see if the error crops up again. If it occurs with Nephila removed, then it's another mod. If removing Nephila removes the error, then it's likely a mod compatibility error. 

Once you've done this, try thinking about which mod could either be causing the error or introducing an issue of compatibility. The error log mentions "goodwillimpactolodgers," which neither Royalty nor the Nephila mod seem to introduce. Are you using a mod that does something with visitors (say, hospitality?) If you're having trouble narrowing down which mod could be at issue, try removing half of your (non-dependency) mods at a time, adding in and cutting out mods in half-of quantities until you narrow down to the problem mod. You can also link your mod list to me and I'll take a quick look and let you know if I see anything that I think could cause issues.

Thank for this tip. I have update new version and use steam version then not get this error. Wait new versions from you. :D

so i donwloaded the mod, and even trying to "cheat" my way into geting the colonist kickstart the tranformation, wiht the empire awakening start, my question is the only avalaible version can work wiht no royalty and such because daam i tried everything and so far i only managed to make a coconed one hoping for the bastard to ahtch but the girl itself has had to be reinfected twice via character edition,

For the pace, you'll have to wait until the Race Support Mod updates. It applied a bit of overkill in terms of speed maluses and will be fixing that soon. Breaking the relationship would be cool, but I honestly have no idea how to accomplish that given the way the game's code is set up. Will have to think on that one. For the stuck maiden, try using dev tools to force the "give birth" jobgiver and submit a picture of the error that pops up. It should help me to identify what specifically is going on. 

3 hours ago, HiveBro said:

For the stuck maiden, try using dev tools to force the "give birth" jobgiver and submit a picture of the error that pops up. It should help me to identify what specifically is going on. 

There is no "give birth" jobgiver. That's not consistent with the names of jobgivers as they appear in dev mode anyway, but there's also no jobgiver that contains "birth" in its name. That did get me thinking that maybe the Children and Pregnancy mod was somehow interfering with things, so I took it out. However, that didn't help. Here's a screenshot of the available jobgivers (without Children and Pregnancy).

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.58.18 PM.jpg

4 hours ago, HiveBro said:

That's it. Hmm. I don't see the error being reported. That said, perhaps it's "milkable colonists." If you remove milkable colonists to test, does the pawn give birth? 

No, that didn't make any difference. I tried using dev mode to force the job giver again, with the same result. Here's another log, in case it helps:

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/68ec955602115e2c2abe60661963f1f4