Problem with skeleton importing

cold steel

Hello everyone, I hope someone will help me to understand my problem. I have saved the scene in 3d max a month ago with my version of the body. Today I tried to import the body and it somehow breaks. Here is two screenshots : with my scene and with imported mesh.

post-61580-0-73171800-1360444373_thumb.jpg

post-61580-0-06420800-1360444384_thumb.jpg

Does this mean that the skeleton, which I now use in the game is different from the one stored in the scene? If yes, why the model in the game looks quite normal? Most importantly: how can I export my old skeleton from 3d max to .nif file?

P.S. sorry for my bad english and stupid questions  :( but it's the only way I can get around the lack of freeze vertices function in the mesh.

Hello everyone, I hope someone will help me to understand my problem. I have saved the scene in 3d max a month ago with my version of the body. Today I tried to import the body and it somehow breaks. Here is two screenshots : with my scene and with imported mesh.

attachicon.gifskeleton1.jpg

attachicon.gifskeleton2.jpg

Does this mean that the skeleton, which I now use in the game is different from the one stored in the scene? If yes, why the model in the game looks quite normal? Most importantly: how can I export my old skeleton from 3d max to .nif file?

P.S. sorry for my bad english and stupid questions  :( but it's the only way I can get around the lack of freeze vertices function in the mesh.

Try importing a Head or Hand Mesh with a skeleton and then Import the Body without a skeleton , I Seem to Have this Problem Only With XP32 Skeleton , But It Will Work None the Less 

Cheers

Guys, you don't understand my problem))) I must import mesh only with skeleton because I need the model to be bonded to the skeleton, as in my old scene. If I could remember where I downloaded that old skeleton, I do not think I would have problems with imports. Old skeleton looks like XPMS, but only without the wings and tail, and with a specific location on the breast bone. I tried to remember where I downloaded this type of skeleton but I can not find it, maybe someone knows how can I export the skeleton from 3d max to .nif format?

Guys, you don't understand my problem))) I must import mesh only with skeleton because I need the model to be bonded to the skeleton, as in my old scene. If I could remember where I downloaded that old skeleton, I do not think I would have problems with imports. Old skeleton looks like XPMS, but only without the wings and tail, and with a specific location on the breast bone. I tried to remember where I downloaded this type of skeleton but I can not find it, maybe someone knows how can I export the skeleton from 3d max to .nif format?

If your Mesh Is Skinned It Should Bond Regard less , when your Importing Make sure the Skin Modifier is Ticked .

Cheers 

Guys, now I have another problem with skeleton importing((( I started using XPMS skeleton and created TBBP body with bodyslide of stuffed bunny. Everything works fine, but I want to change this body in 3DS max and when I import it with XPMS skeleton then I get size mismatch :

post-61580-0-51731400-1360767177_thumb.jpg

I want to change this body and don't lost breast and butt weight painting to see animations in game. Someone can tell me how to do this?

Guys, now I have another problem with skeleton importing((( I started using XPMS skeleton and created TBBP body with bodyslide of stuffed bunny. Everything works fine, but I want to change this body in 3DS max and when I import it with XPMS skeleton then I get size mismatch :

attachicon.gifhtf.jpg

I want to change this body and don't lost breast and butt weight painting to see animations in game. Someone can tell me how to do this?

I think I know what you mean but I 'm not sure. First you import the skeleton, then you import the body. Does it line up then or does it move slightly when you select it. If it moves when you select it to a new position that is an easy fix. As soon as you import the body hit export and export selected and save it to a new file, then hit delete. Now re-import your new body file and will stay in its new position.

If its in the wrong position when you first import it then you will have to move and re-size it to match as close as possible then do the above. The two skeletons are in different positions in relation to its 0,0,0, grid.

Is that you problem?

The problem is that this is not just an offset. Here are screenshots of the model after it is imported (it is automatically adapted to the skeleton) :

post-61580-0-90459700-1360784745_thumb.j post-61580-0-67343700-1360784754_thumb.j

As you can see there is a problem with right hand and when I am starting to use editable mesh mode then the body is no longer bound to the skeleton and it is converted to its normal size :

post-61580-0-05776900-1360784764_thumb.j  post-61580-0-83184200-1360784772_thumb.j  

Normal body size in editable mode is too big for this skeleton for some reason but if I just create it in bodislide then in the game everything work fine. I'm ready to stop using this stupid XPMS skeleton, I only want to change the body without losing animation.

The problem is that this is not just an offset. Here are screenshots of the model after it is imported (it is automatically adapted to the skeleton) :

post-61580-0-90459700-1360784745_thumb.j post-61580-0-67343700-1360784754_thumb.j

As you can see there is a problem with right hand and when I am starting to use editable mesh mode then the body is no longer bound to the skeleton and it is converted to its normal size :

post-61580-0-05776900-1360784764_thumb.j  post-61580-0-83184200-1360784772_thumb.j  

Normal body size in editable mode is too big for this skeleton for some reason but if I just create it in bodislide then in the game everything work fine. I'm ready to stop using this stupid XPMS skeleton, I only want to change the body without losing animation.

I can see that the body grows when you go to into editable mesh. That's why as soon as you import it you must export it, delete it and then re import it. as for the gaps between the hands, feet and body when you first import it, I'm not sure why. Are they the correct hands and feet?

What body are you using?  I'll take a look

Archived