Realm of the Archspider

FallenWarrior

Yes, the Realm of the Archspider is not too easy to get along, mainly because there is no marker where your char is.

I had to use some old skills from playing flight simulator games by comparing the groundscape my char saw with the map and also the direction she is looking. I must have tried this particular area around 10 times, learning it by heart.

Remember this part is supposed to be a nightmare so it is not supposed to be pleasant.

Thanks guys. I have trouble with outside map pointers, I guess it has something to do with the declared size of map, orientation etc. If anyone knows how to fix that, I'll change it for every location. Had the same problem with the Amazon village.

Thanks for the tip!

Just yesterday I went thru this part once again. It can be pretty hard, especially for a low level char. This is one of the very few opportunities in CLS where you have to confront some tough enemies. Personally, I prefer the defensive way, avoiding combat and relaying on speed, stealth and ranged destructive magic, if necessary.

My suggestions to get it done unscathedly: Learn some decent skills in restoration, illusion (chameleon, invisibility) and destruction, also sneak and acrobatics. You will need them and there is hardly any chance to sleep to restore health.

If you want a strategic advantage over your enemies make a new custom character at the start of CLS and train all those skills thoroughly, but do not make them your main skills so you won´t level up when raising those skills. Advantages are clear, especially as you can´t take anything along from the Realm.

About navigation: The big tower is easterly of your starting position, a tad to the south. So remember your map details at the start clearly and always refer to the line between your starting point and the tower if you are lost. 

Playing without seeing the position of your toon on the map can be quite challenging, but it adds to the nightmarish feeling of this level.

Archived