Hello there folks! Just a few questions regarding on how to add bounce to armors. Unsure If this topic is in the right section, sorry in case I'm wrong!  

I've been using Nifscope on and off for a while now, I'm very much an amateur and have only been using it in a very basic sense! Mostly to correct texture paths in order add unique bodies and armors for certain companions, Veronica, Cass, etc! I do this because I really like the idea of unique looks and bodies for certain NPCs.

I've been using Type3M for Veronica because it's one of my favorites shapes and the creator was nice enough to make a non replacer versions of his armor conversions, so it is also very convenient for me to use! The thing however is that the body in question rarely has any armor with bounce for it, while I did thankfully find a bouncy version of the body itself that someone had posted somewhere (don't even remember where), the majority of the armors themselves were left untouched!

I have been attempting to copy the breast branches from the version of bounce body onto a non bounce armor, without much success so far!

Basically what I'm asking is If someone could point me towards a guide somewhere that I can follow on how to do this properly, either with Nifscope or something else?

Or give me few pointers right here, either way it works for me.

Thank you in advance!

You'd need blender for something like that. It's not hard at all, but it's harder to learn how that program works.

The passages would be:

- Import the armor

- Import a body with bounce

- Copy the weights from the body to the armor

- Export the armor, now weighted properly on the breast bones.

I remember there was a guide here in LL, years ago, in the days of Fallout NV. I'll take a look if I can find it somewhere

54 minutes ago, A.J. said:

You'd need blender for something like that. It's not hard at all, but it's harder to learn how that program works.

The passages would be:

- Import the armor

I remember there was a guide here in LL, years ago, in the days of Fallout NV. I'll take a look if I can find it somewhere

Alright! Blender it is then....although I might have given that one a try before, not sure! Probably couldn't make heads or tails of the thing.

Thanks BTW!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, A.J. said:

The passages would be:

- Import the armor

Current version of Blender does not support .nif though, or am I missing something here? I am actually interested in a tutorial too.

20 minutes ago, dongding said:

Current version of Blender does not support .nif though, or am I missing something here? I am actually interested in a tutorial too.

You need to find version 2.49b