Strange CTD mid animation scene :( any help?

Hi.

Not sure why but i have been playing my play thru for a while., got to Riften and even joined the Thieves guild so quite a few hours in and no mods added or weird changes. Animations have been fine up to now. Suddenly i am heading to Windhelm and i have encountered a few people and creatures and now i am getting a complete screen freeze and CTD mid way thru a sex scene. 

I have tried running FNIS again and cleaned my save and nothing is flagging as any issue. Is it a memory overload or something? is there a way to expand how much memory the game can cope with before it gets to its max?

Or could it be something else? I do have 245 mods but like i said, i have been running about all over skyrim and about 9 hours into the game and up to now its been totally fine.

Please can anyone help? :(

36 minutes ago, Lestat1627 said:

It could be trivial but, have you tried to change the sex scene?
This is to make it easier to determine a cause.

i was thinking of trying that. Only issue is that i wont know if there is still an issue if i swap and it runs fine. i know that sounds stupid but i am thinking all it might do is delay the inevitable. BUT its worth a try. I have had some anims finish fine. For example i had a scene with a wolf. completed fine. I had a scene with a giant and it was fine and 2 human males fine. then i met a human male later and bam mid scene freeze screen. same with 2 wolves and also a Orc. So its random. and confusing. I have wondered if it was a FNIS thing but thats fine. No load order LOOT issues, save is clean. No graphical issue and i have a kick ass gaming PC too. And it been fine for many many hours. but now its struggling. 

I was wondering if its the Memory heap and maxing out and crashing. 

15 hours ago, sophiextime said:

I was wondering if its the Memory heap and maxing out and crashing. 

If it were a memory limitation issue, the problem should have appeared earlier.
If it were possible to identify which type of animation creates the problem (for example Anub's Creature and / or Anub's Human) you could try reinstalling it or it would be sufficient to update it if possible.

Archived