Can't get static collision to work.

mktneko

Hello.

Lately I've been porting Skyrim resources for Oblivion for fun, and I successfully ported a lot of the weapons and armor, but today I tried my hand at implementing the dungeon tile sets and I can't seem to get the collision to actually work. 

I'm using 3Ds Max 2012, 64bit. 

What I do is:

1. Import Skyrim nif file without collision

2. Clone each part of the model to create a bhkRigidBodyModifier.

2a. Set the properties of the collision file, set the bounding volume to packed strips shape.

3. Export the file under Oblivion, with Collision, Generate Strips, Vertex Colors, Update Tangent Space, Collapse Transforms, Zero Transforms, and 0 weld Verticles.

4. Check the file in NifScope, the collision file is there.

When I test it, my character falls right through, but there's an area where my character kind of floats within the defined space.

Thanks.

dwermsmcorin01.rar

Hello.

Lately I've been porting Skyrim resources for Oblivion for fun, and I successfully ported a lot of the weapons and armor, but today I tried my hand at implementing the dungeon tile sets and I can't seem to get the collision to actually work. 

I'm using 3Ds Max 2012, 64bit. 

What I do is:

1. Import Skyrim nif file without collision

2. Clone each part of the model to create a bhkRigidBodyModifier.

2a. Set the properties of the collision file, set the bounding volume to packed strips shape.

3. Export the file under Oblivion, with Collision, Generate Strips, Vertex Colors, Update Tangent Space, Collapse Transforms, Zero Transforms, and 0 weld Verticles.

4. Check the file in NifScope, the collision file is there.

When I test it, my character falls right through, but there's an area where my character kind of floats within the defined space.

Thanks.

With out the nif File , I really cant help you , I use Blender . But Perhaps Changing certain Values in the bhkRigidBody  Would help 

Cheers

Im not going to comment much on that one , Because Skyrim most Mods are Mods Using Skyrim Assets anyways . 

Im just the one offering Help Here .

If you do feel Uncomfortable , Probably someone with 3ds max experience can help you .

Cheers

You can try this , 

CollisionTest.7z

But From the look of it i think you need to Parent the Collision File to the actual Mesh , ( In 3ds max its called linking if im correct

I have parented the collision to one mesh here out of the four 

I have used Blender , Just Give it a Try and See and let me know make sure in the cs your using the collision settings 

Cheers and good luck 

Archived