Bizzare conflict between Midas Magic and TWMP Elsweyr Valenwood

ppp

As you may be aware, Midas Magic has a bug that crashes Oblivion when using it's Astral Gate to go to the Plane of Fire. I'd found a script edit to fix it, which worked perfectly.

However, when I installed Elsweyr Pelletine, the crash returned. I managed to narrow it down to TWMP_Elsweyr_Valenwood, which is required for Pelletine.

Does anyone know why a completely unrelated mod would cause this behavior, and how to fix it?

Changing load order didn't seem to solve the problem. Using a coc command to the Plane of Fire also causes a crash. All other Astral Gate locations seem to work. TESEdit doesn't detect a conflict between Plane of Fire and TWMP Elsweyr Valenwood, suggesting it's not a repurposed vanilla worldspace.

For reference TWMP is a hightmap/worldspace overhaul/addon, intended to make other areas of Tamriel playable. The Plane of Fire is in a different (custom) worldspace.

For those interested in the script fix:

Spoiler

In MidasButtonGateXScript

elseif Key == 23072 ; SEARS
    set myTarget to MidasAstralGateFire
   elseif Key == 23328 ; SEARS v2

Archived