[Rimworld] [Request] Alien VS Predator Rimjob Edition

When I saw the AvP mod I was quite excited for the possibilities with Xenomorphs, unfortunately even with some basic compatibility they are very lethal in many ways and will not use the tools given to them due to the AI built into them, the "while Xenomorph" behaviors which along with their acid blood and cocoon/ovimorph just kinda killing the colonists as just a couple examples it leads to very little room for RJW mechanics.

What I have an open request for is a mod that will change the AI along with some things about the Xenomorphs to allow them to run out and rape as well as capture and breed colonists a bit like insect hives in regular RJW with some possible twists on their alien mechanics. I have a few suggestions on possible ways existing mechanics for Xenomorphs could be adapted but other feedback is welcome.

When I mention toggles some of them would likely have to be in the mod .XML files due to RimWorld limitations and can mostly be ignored for the sake of just putting out a cool mod without tons bells and whistles especially at the start.  I definitely overthink things and simple solutions are better than needlessly large frameworks.

Area 1: Facehuggers and Ovimorphs from Cocoons.

Facehuggers can be adapted to lay eggs and then die after a guaranteed pregnancy as it would be a bit problematic if it had to be fertilized by a male ovipositor,  the pregnancy would have to ensure that rather than spawning another facehugger it would spawn a drone/warrior/runner "chest burster"(non lethal birth) based on the partner. The facehugger could still lay eggs in the mouth per normal and have the person give birth as if they were egged anally (xenomorph eggs would be acid resistant lore wise) or just have anal sex.

The ovimorph eggs which are laid and pretty sizable make sense to remain in my mind however the mechanic of colonists being dissolved into eggs if they remain in a cocoon too long feels like it should at least have a toggle to disable as it just kind of kills off the pawns. (These changes have the potential to make explosive growth a big problem so some tweaks/methods to cull extra xenomorphs to keep the pop from getting out of hand and destroying everything/lagging the shit out of the game would have to be implemented.)

(One option is to remove facehuggers and simply have egg objects from the standard mod give birth directly to embryos or rely only on the regular caste with priority given to having at least one queen or queen pregnancy whenever possible in the code.)

Area 2: Drones/Runners/Warriors/Capturing Pawns

The Drones Warriors and Runners could reproduce directly, instead of always trying to drag vulnerable targets back to the hive they could decide to rape one instead, if a warrior went after a colonist for example they would go up to them and lay eggs in them and then return to the hive. It may be a good idea to optionally suppress them from breeding with captives (otherwise they would be basically the only ones fucking them due to volume) and leave the facehuggers/queens to be the ones to be responsible for captives. any eggs lain should either become facehuggers (if they are enabled) or a "chestburster" of a caste based on the race of the pawn.

Another option :The regular caste  don't need to be able to reproduce as the facehuggers/queen can do that just fine although a toggle may be nice. Their role would mostly be to defend and expand the hive as normal along with grabbing hosts to bring back to the hive.

There should be a limit on how many nonhumanlike pawns and humanlike pawns they can capture to prevent bloat of the hive with them potentially letting go smaller weaker nonhumanlikes to make room for bigger creatures  or just let loose the ones they have had for the longest.

The cocoons they put pawns in should nourish them as the insect hive ones do and potentially in addition heal wounds and missing limbs as the amount of damage xenomorphs can do is quite severe, the pawns captured would naturally be used by the xenomorphs whenever they have a hole or holes available.

Pawns should suffer mood debuffs and potentially adapt to the constant xenomorph usage of them giving them things like faster pregnancy speed and natural acid resistance or toughness. the eggs  from queens/embyros themselves should cause discomfort and hamper pawns who are freed or not successfully captured. Certain pervert humanlikes should enjoy the treatment given to them by the xenomorphs and while they may dislike the bondage should get a mood buff from being used. After at least a quadrum of use pawns could either learn to enjoy being used by xenomorphs or become broken and some should eventually be able to escape eventually with the xenomorphs ignoring them if they are currently impregnated and have been fed royal jelly.

Area 3: Queens/Queen laid eggs.

The queen can either lay her eggs both in pawns and normally or exclusively lay them in pawns, as her eggs are quite large it makes sense to have a minimum host size requirement  and for hosts taking those eggs to be more burdened than normal. If a pawn manages to get into the queens lair the queen could just prioritize raping them and then let them stagger out burdened with the queen's eggs.

Area 4: Predalions and interactions with Yautja Thrumbomorphs and Neomorphs

While part of the hive Predalions might act more as loners focusing on impregnating female pawns when they get the chance,

For Neomorphs i'm not exactly sure what to do with them someone else may have decent ideas, perhaps their spores could also have something to do with humpshrooms.

Thrombomorphs have the potential to be quite the problem for colonies indeed, one potential way to make it a a constant threat but not explosive is to only allow only the queen to impregnate thrumbos and have their pregnancy take longer than normal with the thrumbomorphs  going out being mostly unstoppable and impregnating other pawns unable to capture anything themselves but that's just one idea.

Area 5: Other stuff

One of my ideas is that being used by Xenomorphs or other creatures could potentially give some unexpected boons such as cocoons healing and potentially regrowing limbs and pawns getting tougher after being used for a long time as mentioned above, this is something that I see as almost balancing out the threat of Xenomorphs for the mad scientists types who want to see what happens if you send hapless colonists into the arms of a bunch of genestealers.

One main concern is what to do when there's a ton of Xenomorphs and breeders, one way to deal with it is to have excess of certain castes go back into the hive and either cut loose extra pawns or drag them into the nest to be kidnapped and go elsewhere in the game either to be deleted and cleaned up or to be rescued later if they are an animal/humanlike from the colony.

Conclusion

I'd like to hear reactions from all this sorry if it it's messy I'm really not that good at formatting, idk if anyone actually cares enough to create it but i'd like to know if i'm not the only one who thinks this or something similar would be nifty.

(edited for a bit of brevity, AvP is a complicated mod and trying to work with it would be annoying enough in AI terms.)

One thing to watch out for is the AvP mod is currently working on making Xenomorphs playable, I am unsure how those code changes would affect a mod made for anything before that update so it may be best to avoid going all in until we see how that's like.

In my experience the AvP mod is was buggy and had a performance destroying effect on my game. Adding rjw into the mix wouldn't help it in any way. Though I would be interested in using such a mod once the AvP mod is in a better state, assuming it isn't already. The last time I used it was months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Just mod RJW's interactions with the insects.

With a couple of modifications it would roughly have the same result you want.

Downed pawns get coccooned and raped. With a couple of modifications you can make them take the pawns near the hive. After a while they "birth" the eggs, making more insects.

I would not go a queen/egg laying route since in the AVP mod, when a Queen starts laying eggs, performance just tanks.

As the fellows before me have mentioned the AvP mod does have some technical issues and bugginess, but it also has a lot of potential.

From a RJW perspective the key problem with AvP as it currently stands is that the interactions with the aliens are simply too lethal: impregnated pawns die, falling into a pool of acid is certain death and the spores infecting your lungs cause death. A more minor problem is that if I remember correctly the aliens are also incapable of initiating RJW sex by default.

But the positive thing is that AvP has already a good setup for RJW content: Facehuggers incapacitate a pawn, rendering them helpless for a long time. The aliens do not always kill their victims, but instead carry them back to their hive where they cocoon them for impregnation. Pawns are impregnated and forced to give birth to alien monstrosities.

I do not think that you need a complicated framework to make AvP interesting with RJW. As a matter of fact, just three relatively minor changes would go a long way:

1) Change chestburster pregnancy into a non-lethal one. They jump out of the throat now, OK?

2) Change cocoons to replicate insect cocoon behavior: they heal/feed the pawns inside them.

3) Allow aliens to have sex, and impregnate female pawns vaginally through this.

What would the three changes above create? They would, for example, allow for a following scenario: A female pawn is downed by the aliens and dragged back to their hive. There she is cocooned and a facehugger attaches itself to her. Now she is impregnated by the non-lethal alien pregnancy. Aliens inside the hive can initiate sex with her and impregnate her normally as well. I'm not entirely sure how RJW handles cooldowns on creature initiated sex, but that's more of a RJW issue.

Finally, this gets us to the issue that the OP raised, namely uncontrollable alien growth through repeat pregnancies. The easiest thing to do about it is nothing: leave it to the players to stop the aliens from expanding or die trying. This would not be very different from insect pregnancies and insect hive mechanics: you either stop them or they multiply to unmanageable numbers. The other, more complicated, option would be to introduce a maximum cap of aliens per map like the mod Better Infestations has. In that mod you can manually set in the options how many insects are allowed to spawn on a map. Once this number is reached the insects no longer multiply.

Another option to deal with the alien numbers is to have two pregnancy systems: all non-pawn entities (deer, thrumbos, etc.) are subject to the basic lethal version of the facehugger pregnancy, while pawns are subject only to the non-lethal version. This option does not make logically much sense, but it would curb the alien numbers.

tl;dr version: with minor changes AvP mod/framework could be usable with RJW.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...