Extended Topic Length with Win10

I have now the fucking Win10  . . .

How do I Extend Topic Length with Windows 10 ? 

With Win7 it was no problem.  In the ConstructionSet.ini I changed the line bAllowExtendedText=0  to 1
[Localization]
iExtendedResponseLength=255
iExtendedTopicLength=50
bAllowExtendedText=1

And it worked in game.

But with Win10 in game I see  . . .         ( that is my test topic )

ScreenShot385.jpg

It only display 36 letters. 37 is a - and there is no 38 ( default iExtendedTopicLength is 38, but that is a CS bug, not Win7 or Win10 )

In the CS is look fine. It shows the 50 from the ini ( iExtendedTopicLength=50 )  . The same it did with Win7.

50.jpg

I can only add 49 letters/numbers, but that was the same with Win7. ( it's a CS bug)
The topic above with 49 numbers is the one you see in the first pictures with only 36 numbers displayed.

I have so many Mods with player topics above 38 letters and now they are all cut off.

I want a player who speaks in full sentences.  Not "Greetings" "Follow me" "Wait here" " Wanna fuck"  " You nice, I fuck you"

I installed CSE 71 and now 81. I tried it withoutCSE, only vanilla CS installed as administrator and started as administrator.

I added the iExtendedResponseLength=255,  iExtendedTopicLength=50  and  bAllowExtendedText=1  in the Oblivion ini and CSE ini

How can I fix it? Or is there a OBSE plugin or Mod to use longer topics?

• 9 months later...

Maybe someone has the same problem,  here is the solution.

Of course you do not need it if you use one of the User Interfaces Mods  with small fonts/letters  ( e.g. DarNified UI )  But I don't like the UI Mods and use Vanilla.

The number of letters you can set in the CS is a joke  and it is wrong.  from the 38 letters you can enter in a topic only 36 are  displayed in game.

The number of letters does not matter, the line break is crucial. With small fonts more letter until you reach the line break. With big vanilla fonts you can only write topics with 36 letters until you reach the line break.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To change the line break.

In the folder   data\menus\dialog\   you have the dialog_menu.xml  ( extract it from the Oblivion - Misc.bsa )

Open it with an Editor ( the Windows Editor is OK )

Scroll down to

<!-- TEMPLATE ============================================================== -->

and near the end of this section you find

<wrapwidth> 900 </wrapwidth>

I changed it to

<wrapwidth> 1200 </wrapwidth>

That's all, Save it and put the dialog_menu.xml  in your game folder data\menus\dialog\   ( create the folder if you do not have it )

And no more problems with cut off topics.

Result:

With <wrapwidth> 1200 </wrapwidth> you will see 49 numbers or letters in game (the 50th is always not used and shown as - )

Spoiler

1200.jpg

And with <wrapwidth> 1300 </wrapwidth>  you will see 53 numbers or letters in game ( plus the - )

Spoiler

1300.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But of course you still have to change the ConstructionSet ini to add long Topics.

Open the ini and In [Localization]  you will see
iExtendedTopicLength=50
bAllowExtendedText=0

Change it to
bAllowExtendedText=1

With TES4Edit you have always been able to write long topics.

On 12/9/2020 at 2:26 PM, fejeena said:

Maybe someone has the same problem,  here is the solution.

Of course you do not need it if you use one of the User Interfaces Mods  with small fonts/letters  ( e.g. DarNified UI )  But I don't like the UI Mods and use Vanilla.

The number of letters you can set in the CS is a joke  and it is wrong.  from the 38 letters you can enter in a topic only 36 are  displayed in game.

The number of letters does not matter, the line break is crucial. With small fonts more letter until you reach the line break. With big vanilla fonts you can only write topics with 36 letters until you reach the line break.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To change the line break.

In the folder   data\menus\dialog\   you have the dialog_menu.xml  ( extract it from the Oblivion - Misc.bsa )

Open it with an Editor ( the Windows Editor is OK )

Scroll down to

<!-- TEMPLATE ============================================================== -->

and near the end of this section you find

<wrapwidth> 900 </wrapwidth>

I changed it to

<wrapwidth> 1200 </wrapwidth>

That's all, Save it and put the dialog_menu.xml  in your game folder data\menus\dialog\   ( create the folder if you do not have it )

And no more problems with cut off topics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But of course you still have to change the ConstructionSet ini to add long Topics.

Open the ini and In [Localization]  you will see
iExtendedTopicLength=50
bAllowExtendedText=0

Change it to
bAllowExtendedText=1

With TES4Edit you have always been able to write long topics.

Been fighting this problem for years.. Thanks :)

I've been looking for a solution since February and gave up in  summer.  ( Don't know why but with Windows 7 I had no problems with cut off topics. In February I installed Win10 )

Then a month ago I was looking for something different and found a post with a description of the line break.

So don't look for what you are looking for, look for anything else and you will find the solution.   :classic_biggrin: