Skyrim Wrye Bash randomly reorganizing load order

lolicatgirls9

Every once in a while, Wrye Bash completely reorganizes my load order by file name in alphabetical order for some reason that is completely beyond me.  This would not be a problem as I do save my load order from time to time, but for some reason, even loading up a load order list won't do anything - instead of changing the load order around to how it's supposed to be when I load the list, it just sits there and does nothing.  I have grown tired of having to manually reorganize my load order every time Wrye Bash decides to fuck up for no apparent reason.  My questions are:

1. How do I get my load order back to how it's supposed to be?  More importantly, how do I get it to load the load list properly?

2. Is there any way at all to keep this from happening again, or is anybody working to fix this unbelievably annoying problem?

Well I use Wrye Smash version 297.1 and have no such issues.  One thing you might try is getting your load order the way you like it and then right click on the header of one of the columns and choose "lock load order".  That will lock things to the way you have it.  Now if you want to adjust anything later (or install something new) you will have to remember to toggle that off until you are finished adjusting things and then toggle it back on.

• 9 months later...

This post is fairly old however I thought I would give my input as I have been looking for a way to lock the load order over the last couple weeks.

I am curious if lolicatgirl ever found a solution. As for locking the load order the developers of Wyre bash have removed it for skyrim.

the Wyre bash readme states

"The Lock Load Order feature is not implemented for Skyrim as Wrye Bash will automatically undo any changes to load order done made by the Skyrim launcher or any utility that does not follow the textfile-based load order standard in order to maintain a fully coherent load order. This effectively means that unintended changes are prevented."

source - http://tesfans.org/guides/wrye%20bash/docs/Wrye%20Bash%20General%20Readme.html

This in my opinion is a dumb ass move on the developers part. I get that its automated but its still having issues managing the load order. They need to reimplement this feature.

Archived