V3 coming soon. I have the "extended actor value" for floats working. This allows you to store any number of named floats with a ref.

Does this work like the AddActorValues OBSE plugin for Oblivion? That sounds very handy.

Basically yes, except that (at present) the NVSE save and load hooks do not work, so I cannot save the values with savegames, nor load them when a savegame is loaded.

I *can* save and load them globally, which may be useful for some mods, and they can be used in a temporary context as well (which is how sexout will be using them initially). I'm hoping to overcome the NVSE save/load issue at some point.

Basically yes' date=' except that (at present) the NVSE save and load hooks do not work, so I cannot save the values with savegames, nor load them when a savegame is loaded.

I *can* save and load them globally, which may be useful for some mods, and they can be used in a temporary context as well (which is how sexout will be using them initially). I'm hoping to overcome the NVSE save/load issue at some point.

[/quote']

Ah yes, I seem to remember you(?) saying something about the NVSE team fixing that when they're less busy with skyrim. I can see this as being hugely powerful all by itself once people wrap their heads around it :)

Basically yes' date=' except that (at present) the NVSE save and load hooks do not work, so I cannot save the values with savegames, nor load them when a savegame is loaded.

[/quote']

Ah yes, I seem to remember you(?) saying something about the NVSE team fixing that when they're less busy with skyrim. I can see this as being hugely powerful all by itself once people wrap their heads around it :)

I agree, that's why I went ahead and put it in even though it can't save.. it's perfect for passing 'parameters' around between spells without having to use/create more quest variables and stuff like that. Sexout is going to use it internally to track the actors involved in sex, so there will be no more collisions on actora/actorb/actorc and so on, for mods that 'update' to the new calling convention once I have it finalized.. plenty of good uses here. :)

NVSE team didn't say they'd get to it when they have time, just that they don't have time right now for "anything" (basically) due to skyrim/SKSE -- this was just in my response to mentioning that my emails and those of others have been going unanswered.

When I asked why the save/load hooks weren't there, Ian said it was simply due to 'lack of demand.'

Maybe this is just me but I was a confused about where to install extender, I think it was the fact that nvse does not go in your Data folder that threw me off so I tried both options the wrong way and the right way, Now after reading a few comments about animations not working this is exactly what happens if the folder is not in your Data folder, So maybe other people are getting confused about where to install it and although the instructions are clear it still had me scratching my head!

I have CTD's with this plugin extender loaded. It says that nvse.dll and your extender plugin is causing that CTD's.

Ok. Nevermind ;-) I solved my problem - I just reinstalled all mods and now it's working, also now I use BOSS to sort my mods + I manually sort mods if BOSS fail to do that right :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my shortcut for starting geck:

Target:

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\nvse_loader.exe" -editor

Start in:

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas"

But you might also have wrong file versions. The best way I know of to check for an exact instance of a file is to use md5sum (you can download this from a variety of places)

Here are my md5sums for the nvse executables in ...\fallout new vegas\

acf6fc15f9f905627c8ebe96deb19ca9 *nvse_1_4.dll

bed2c0462a92dd11ba4fc583fa7bb6db *nvse_1_4ng.dll

3976793e1827f4963898e83a4b2a9dff *nvse_editor_1_4.dll

cfce497df366ed1a8262d5916401e3dd *nvse_loader.exe

6f086647d357fb2c2437a142767c137d *nvse_steam_loader.dll

And here are some other geck things that I have there:

5019ccd0d066bfe7ed69d5e7c0022c78 *Geck.exe

3f7fa48fa71727665d58d6d56d48c369 *geckpu-nv-14.dll

d2ad13c0d1affc8321319fbbfe9d8102 *geckpu-nv-14.exe

Here are md5sums for relevant files that I have in ...\fallout new vegas\data\nvse\plugins\:

04596c58f46967b6db63d79a35177f86 *nvse_extender.dll

4a6db12d4a5dd9b494ee09c3b69c1e1c *nvse_plugin_geckpu-nv-14.dll

If you get different md5sums from me for any of these files then either you have a corrupted install, or I have a corrupted install, or we are using different versions of the files. But geck works for me, and none of these files have had new versions released for some time now.

Guest Donkey

Thanks, yes loogie explained it in the other thread. I was loading powerup incorrectly, older version of powerup had a special exe witch will load nvse and that was causing the problem for me.

Hmmm.. thinking. I can definitely do that in the extender' date=' but you will still need to have the formlists somewhere, as well as some code to populate them, unless you already have both of those ready to go.

[/quote']

SexoutCommonResources can support all sorts of resources. And if things get crazy enough we could use the SCES approach and let the player edit gear into and out of some supported formlists.

Ok loogie, this is next on my hitlist. Don't have an ETA but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Somebody start a letter writing campaign to get the save/load notification stuff in NVSE finished so I can really turn this thing into a monster. I don't need (or care) to save my stuff in the ESP record format, I just need the hooks that tell me when a save or load happens, and the savegame filename.

This was never done by the NVSE team to to lack of demand, and last time I contacted them, all NVSE stuff is on hold due to SKSE. Dunno if that's calmed down any now or not.

If you give me some examples of what a save/load function can do' date=' I'll pester them.

[/quote']

OBSE has three functions available to plugin authors: SetSaveCallback, SetLoadCallback, and SetNewGameCallback. OBSE plugins call these similar to how you use sexout callbacks, and then whenever OBSE itself detects a new/save/load, it calls your function. That's all I need, with the filename of the savegame passed back in the function call for save/load.

I don't need any of the "nice" stuff that OBSE also did, like saving/loading your data in gamebryo format, managing your "extended" save files for you, etc. I can do all that as long as I know the filename.

Not to put more on you' date=' but another idea - a way to check if refs in a certain radius of the player have a follow package with the player as a target.

Combined with a gender check, female non-vanilla companions could be picked up by things like the Tryout scanner.

[/quote']

I don't know if I have access to that kind of high level stuff (range to target). I can probably walk some tree and then calculate distance by hand but I'm not sure.

If you give me some examples of what a save/load function can do' date=' I'll pester them.

[/quote']

OBSE has three functions available to plugin authors: SetSaveCallback, SetLoadCallback, and SetNewGameCallback. OBSE plugins call these similar to how you use sexout callbacks, and then whenever OBSE itself detects a new/save/load, it calls your function. That's all I need, with the filename of the savegame passed back in the function call for save/load.

I don't need any of the "nice" stuff that OBSE also did, like saving/loading your data in gamebryo format, managing your "extended" save files for you, etc. I can do all that as long as I know the filename.

In fact the "nice" things as you say are already there in NVSE, what's missing is just uncomenting the interface in the plugin API and uncomenting the calls in the rights source file!

It's already working in FOSE in fact.

That is not "all" that is missing. They don't work because the entry points for the hooks in the falloutnv EXE aren't mapped. That's why they are commented out -- they don't actually work. ;)

I thought they where the same entry points that are used by GetGameLoaded and GetGameStarted. My memory might be faulty.

Apparently Save and Load are there. Not new, delete and rename.

That is not "all" that is missing. They don't work because the entry points for the hooks in the falloutnv EXE aren't mapped. That's why they are commented out -- they don't actually work. ;)

I thought they where the same entry points that are used by GetGameLoaded and GetGameStarted. My memory might be faulty.

Apparently Save and Load are there. Not new' date=' delete and rename.

[/quote']

None of them actually work though, even when they are uncommented. There is more missing than appears to be... I can't remember exactly what right now. I'll uncomment those lines, rebuild NVSE, and let you know as soon as I can. If you think you can fix them, by all means, go for it! :)

The silverlock team might take quick action if we could send them a diff/patch rather than just asking them to fix it.

Apparently Save and Load are there. Not new' date=' delete and rename.

[/quote']

None of them actually work though, even when they are uncommented. There is more missing than appears to be... I can't remember exactly what right now. I'll uncomment those lines, rebuild NVSE, and let you know as soon as I can. If you think you can fix them, by all means, go for it! :)

The silverlock team might take quick action if we could send them a diff/patch rather than just asking them to fix it.

I thought I did that already in NVSE, but looking at my sources it must have been in FOSE though.

Not to put more on you' date=' but another idea - a way to check if refs in a certain radius of the player have a follow package with the player as a target.

Combined with a gender check, female non-vanilla companions could be picked up by things like the Tryout scanner.

[/quote']

I don't know if I have access to that kind of high level stuff (range to target). I can probably walk some tree and then calculate distance by hand but I'm not sure.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/GetDistance