"Posted Images" not loading

darkshot64

Every time I try to view someones image that have posted on the site it doesn't show up. I click on the spoiler tag and all that comes up is this link that says "posted image" and when I try to click that it tries to load an image but nothing happens. This occurs in every thread without fail.

Well, I am not sure what to tell you.  It works just fine for me. 

If you want help you are going to have to give us more information than "its broke".

What browser are you using and is it updated?  Do you have flash installed?  What threads are you looking at?  and so on.....

Only some pictures are affected by this, not all. Instead of seeing a small thumb you see just the line "uploaded picture" or so and when you click on the the pop-up loads everlastingly without ever actually showing the picture. Right now I cannot find any examples.

FF 18.0.1 with JavaScript and Flash enabled.

Do you by chance use the noscript addon? It will block some image sites until you allow the sites like stooorage.com for example. Until unblocked the popup image and the embedding will not show. If thats the case, I only know of using a right click on the loading flash and selecting view image info. Then go through the image urls and open them in a new tab. Then, you can allow the scripts from that site.

You're right. Not all images are affected, just some. I am using Firefox and the only extensions are Adblock Plus and Image Search Options. I don't remember having this happen before the update to the site. It could also be from me nuking my computer, so some thing I had installed might be missing.

Guest Plastrader

Java script error: Object.extend
Thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/13815-any-civ-5-players-here
Browser: Firefox v18.0.2

I was to post the logs here but the line brake parser doesn't work so it looks like sheit.
If needed, pm me and I'll send those.

Never mind!

Anyone who doesn't see the images or other things that doesn't work and who uses FireFox.

I guess you use an ad blocker of some sort, probably ABP and have the following filter:

*.googleapis.com

And functionality on these boards uses those APIs.

Guest Plastrader

Or, it could be that the images are hosted on imgur.com, which doesn't allow direct linking. For example, the three images in the dat ass thread.

Oh, and ABP doesn't appear to block "*.googleapis.com", just "@@||maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/*=300x250&".

Yeah, obviously imgur.com blocked traffic from LL.

You can right click>open in new tab, or copy the url to a new browser tab.

About ABP*, it's a custom filter.

Options>Filter Preferences...

And then the "Custom filters"-tab.

*Wow! I actually managed to rename that plugin twice...

I doubt it's related to googleapis. Why anything would block google's api library is beyond me, millions of sites use it, and millions of sites suggest using it. I run ABP myself and have no issues. But what the hell I'll humor the suggestion.

I've disabled it from loading 2 of the scripts from googleapi's, one of them is built into the theme however, so go down to the bottom left of the site, click Change Theme and select "IP.Board (Light)" and that will change to a theme using nothing out of googleapi's.

If that fixes the problem I'll fix it on the main theme, otherwise I'm switching everything back to running in it.

Here is one you can test with.

[spoiler=test spoiler image]the-taco.jpg

Why anything would block google's api library is beyond me

I only allow it if the site doesn't work without it, I actually have had it enabled since around the time of that post here on LL, as certain functions worked with it enabled, forget which.

Basically, I don't trust google, hence I block the shit out of them unless there's a need to allow their shit to run.

I only allow it if the site doesn't work without it, I actually have had it enabled since around the time of that post here on LL, as certain functions worked with it enabled, forget which.

Basically, I don't trust google, hence I block the shit out of them unless there's a need to allow their shit to run.

Then your a overly paranoid fool and only hurting your internet experience with zero good reason.

Then your a overly paranoid fool and only hurting your internet experience with zero good reason.

Not really, it's just easier to be slightly paranoid than to recover from malware.

The ONLY time I've had anything compromised my gmail, and it wasn't the password, only use it for gmail, and at the time it was something like 20 digits, lower/upper case, symbols, etc, and not recorded electronically, only written down.

Simply put, google itself gets compromised time to time.

The more I block google, the more secure I am if they get compromised in a more serious manner, since while I may not be a big target, google assuradely is, from state players down to any skiddie with more time on his hands than good sense.

Besides, it doesn't hurt anything, I can easily whitelist stuff at will.

Not really, it's just easier to be slightly paranoid than to recover from malware.

The ONLY time I've had anything compromised my gmail, and it wasn't the password, only use it for gmail, and at the time it was something like 20 digits, lower/upper case, symbols, etc, and not recorded electronically, only written down.

Simply put, google itself gets compromised time to time.

The more I block google, the more secure I am if they get compromised in a more serious manner, since while I may not be a big target, google assuradely is, from state players down to any skiddie with more time on his hands than good sense.

Besides, it doesn't hurt anything, I can easily whitelist stuff at will.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/massive-google-security-flaw-puts-users-details-on-display-for-all-to-find/story-e6frfro0-1226577210852

Oh look, another google security issue. Any wonder I don't want their scripts running on a site I use unless I absolutely need it to have the site display properly.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/massive-google-security-flaw-puts-users-details-on-display-for-all-to-find/story-e6frfro0-1226577210852

Oh look, another google security issue. Any wonder I don't want their scripts running on a site I use unless I absolutely need it to have the site display properly.

What as this got to do with the site let alone this topic?

The title clearly says "EVERY time you purchase an app on Google Play, your name, address and email is passed on to the developer, it has been revealed."

Considering that you cannot purchase apps through this site there is no threat.....

Ark, as usual you miss the point.

If they have security issues with the stuff they SELL, then their public shit is likely even less secure.

And you have a clear lack of understanding of how any of these things actually work. Or of what the stuff off GoogleAPI's library even is or how they function in the first place.

And for the record: My real life job is maintaining web servers and their security, and I am soon taking a new job at the state handling IT security.

Guest Plastrader

So I take it the AJAX(googleapis) are back in the live environment...

Because this PM this site stopped working for me (again)

Now I just know that everybody is so interested in my opinion on Google...

A few years ago I had a home page, a quite simple one with a few links I visited frequently and in an iframe I had google.com.
One day when I launched my site google had put a “This page has been removed blablabla we are above the law. To open this host again contact blablabla@someting.goolish.com.
Not mentioning why on earth they removed it, or how they managed to capsule my host name and redirect me to their “removed site”-page.

So I did. I had to fill in a few forms, which basically went on me promising on everything holy that I shouldn’t use an iframe ever again, and generally lick their boots and bow down to the almighty divine being Google.

Then I had to send those forms to different places to be reviewed etc etc.
It turned out that Google didn’t approve on me using an iframe in that way.
This process took weeks!

As of late Google wants to change the way you use internet.

They try, bordering to forcing you to use internet the way they want you to.

And some free apps you download and install ever now and then has “Do you want to install Google search bar/Google chrome”.
Even if you deselect the option the application still installs the toolbar/browser.
Unintentional I wonder…

And using Google as a search engine is nowadays pretty much useless as they only bothers with putting the sites that bought them higher ranking in the search order.
So if you aren’t exactly sure what to look for you might as well end up on a page selling pet fish food when searching for Skyrim mods.

The Google crawler bots scans pages for content, yes I give them that, but those bots ignores to check whether or not the text they find actually shows up on the page.
Meaning someone could have written a chapter from The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy within <!-- --> tags(i.e. htlm-comment)

You as a user wouldn’t see the text, but the bot does.
Or finding text in a link which leads back to the page I’m just reading…

The problem with the link that Kashiwaba Tomoe posted isn’t that it’s a security flaw. It is however illegal.
Google's terms of service state that it may store your personal information including your name, address and billing details, but nowhere in its privacy statement does the company explicitly state that it passes on your personal information to developers, every time you purchase their app.

No other company would get away with that.
But I guess the Google lawyers claim that to be a matter of “Well depending on country a and law blablbla”

Google has also set its footprint on YouTube.
Before Google bought YouTube you didn’t have to watch adverts in clips hosted on the site.
Now you do. And to top that you can’t use your old login but are forced to use theirs. When signing up pretty much everything about you is mandatory. No Google, I won’t give you my phone number!

Now back to this thing with the googleapis.
Each time you access a file which is hosted by Google it’ll show from which IP the request came from.
And with some “whois” lookups they know exactly from which ISP that IP belongs to, and if it weren’t for the IT laws of countries they could get your home address and everything.
And seeing what Google does with information I just can’t trust them not to use that information in some statistics I didn’t want to take part of.
So does this make me a “paranoid fool”?
Or is it a matter of me actually caring about my identity?

I won’t go into the matter of Facebook.

So I take it the AJAX(googleapis) are back in the live environment...

Because this PM this site stopped working for me (again)

Now I just know that everybody is so interested in my opinion on Google...

Bah, my biggest beef with Google is their removal of safesearch settings and the fact their mappers photographed my front garden before I had a chance to tidy it up.  Now images of my property at it's absolute worst is eternally online for anyone in the world to see, making me look like a lazy hobo tramp.

Seriously, that's far worse than any security issues imo. :(

Guest Plastrader

Bah, my biggest beef with Google is their removal of safesearch settings

Removing them?

Seriously, that's far worse than any security issues imo. :(

That's the problem generally with them.

The arial photographs is one thing.

But the day when they started to drive around with their camera vehicles things turned a bit too close for comfort.

There has been several cases when people had to contact Google and specifically ask them to remove or blur certain areas.

Mostly it's been people who walked on a street they shouldn't have been walking on(make your own guesses :))

You could contact Google too, but I doubt they think the state of your garden to be a valid excuse.

On the subject of arial photographs.

Google Maps doesn't bother with national security either.

There are several areas in the country where I live which is considered "secured" (I don't know the english term for this)

i.e. areas that shouldn't be visible for the open public.

So our national cartographers removed or hid those areas because they followed the law.

Google however...

I could go on about this for quite a while but I feel I've strayed far off topic already.

Bah, my biggest beef with Google is their removal of safesearch settings

Removing them?

Yeah, now all searches through Google are automatically filtered and there's nothing you can do to set safesearch to 'off' like we used to be able to.  Apparently we all need protection from the evils of nudity or somesuch.

Archived