about horizon ?

Was wondering do anyone have any recomendation or well made list that go well with this mod ?? Right now i am about to start a new playthrough and wanted to try this mod out. since it is complete overhaul i need to know what is best to keep away from this mod to have a well balanced playthrough.

Hello. I don't play FO4 anymore without Horizon since a long time. But as the other overhauls that touch every aspect of the game, you can easily unbalance it. My suggestion is to not install any other mod which has not a specific patch for Horizon, or install only eye candy mods like textures or hair etc. or utilities like faster pipboy animation etc.etc.

What I do install: some game play mods like bullet time (I don't use vats. But still unfortunately it makes the game easier especially in melee); lot of clothes, I manually modify them all in xEdit putting a very low value as 10 (or crafting will increase too much xp) and 0 armor value; as weapons, only the official weapon pack, which I think it was dropped in this last 1.8 since other weapons were introduced; few unharmful gameplay mods like Locksmith, Tactical animation pack, Get Dirty, MGS Aiming, Chems and Alcohol visuals (manually patched), Fallsouls (to have a better challenge), some crafting mods but only to make the settlement nicer and not stronger etc. Also it must be things that require crafting resources.

Played in non-desolation mode, isn't too hard. But desolation mode is pretty hard if you never played it. However, Horizon has its own way to be played, with its weakness, so if you find its rules then it becomes pretty easy to be played.

A mention to Start Me Up, another mod which is always in my load order: Horizon assumes you start in the vault, so it gives some very useful items in sanctuary to start. If you start in some other place, it can be slightly harder.

Archived