[FIXED] Bodyslide: Body in outfit does not respond to sliders

Apap

Hello! So this is an issue I encounter every now and then with different armor mods:

You get yourself an armor mod, install it and then go to bodyslide to set your preset and (re)place it in game, but when you adjust the sliders the reference body does not react - the outfit around it conforms to your changes, but the body itself remains rigid. As a result, after building you can see the said armor in-game no problem, but your character's body has the default preset you could see in BS.

Does anyone know what the reason for this could be and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe the mod author didn't use the correct body reference, like they just imported a standard UNP? I don't know to be honest but to fix it that is what you would do, you would go through the process of converting an armour, so start the new bodyslide project and pull in the appropriate reference and go from there. It's not something I have done many times so when I do I just follow a tutorial.

3 hours ago, RohZima said:

Maybe the mod author didn't use the correct body reference, like they just imported a standard UNP? I don't know to be honest but to fix it that is what you would do, you would go through the process of converting an armour, so start the new bodyslide project and pull in the appropriate reference and go from there. It's not something I have done many times so when I do I just follow a tutorial.

Thanks - I'll try that :)

Ok, I found out how to fix it: turns out all you have to do is load the outfit into Outfit Studio, mark the unresponsive body, then click on 'File' -> load reference -> load from template: <your prefered body>, and then save project. 

I actually found that fix by accident while doing trial and error, as I couldn't really find any related tutorials other than rebuilding into a new project lol

Archived