Broken Neck Seam Issue (Not texture related)

I am having an odd issue with one of Bijin Warmaidens NPCs using CBBE.

The following image shows there is an odd neck seam (not texture related as you can see)

Its as if the head mesh is raised higher than the body causing a separation between the meshes.

Things i've tested
FNIS rebuilt for each test
Downloaded BodySlider Files for Warmaidens and rebuilt meshes

Used default meshes provided by Warmaidens

UNP Version of Bijin using default meshes

Every test was done with no overriding files or entries (last in list or i ensured that MO2 showed no conflicts)

Now 1 odd thing...if i select the NPC and type setnpcweight 20.  the gap between the neck and the head disappears, however, the face loses its tintmask or something because the head loses details and looks bad.

Normal broken neck seam
plLj0Io.png

Using setnpcweight 20
JFWkLsK.png

I would think someone in here can tell me how i can fix this.  It would seem it has something to do with the npcweight setting I just do not know what steps i can take to fix it.

Any input is appreciated!

1 hour ago, worsin said:

Now 1 odd thing...if i select the NPC and type setnpcweight 20.  the gap between the neck and the head disappears, however, the face loses its tintmask or something because the head loses details and looks bad.

A few things:

1. Use jpg images, since they display properly here.
  2. What you are describing means the settings for the NPC meshes (heads etc you are using) don't match up with their data records in system.  For instance, a head was generated with a 40 weight, but the record for the NPC says 75 weight or something similar.  Usually that means 2 mods trying to change the same character, and their load order (left pane vs right pane) is not the same. Note: this can also result from adding NPC replacers into an existing save game where the characters have already been met.
  3. When manually changing weight, the face bug you are experiencing *can maybe* still be used by saving the game (new save, you may not want to keep the results), completely exiting the game and then reloading.  Character state is one of those things that Skyrim doesn't completely wipe the slate for between save/load events -- complete restart of the game is necessary here.  This may return them to what you expect -- or it may not.  Depends on how the mod was made.  Note: you may also be able to "disable" and then "enable" them via console to get the results you want.  It might take disable/enable, then save and restart to get it to finally stick.
  4. Failing anything else, you can find the mod you want the results from and then see in MO2's left pane if anything is overwriting it, and if so, change that load order.
On 1/10/2020 at 7:53 PM, Seijin8 said:

A few things:

1. Use jpg images, since they display properly here.
  2. What you are describing means the settings for the NPC meshes (heads etc you are using) don't match up with their data records in system.  For instance, a head was generated with a 40 weight, but the record for the NPC says 75 weight or something similar.  Usually that means 2 mods trying to change the same character, and their load order (left pane vs right pane) is not the same. Note: this can also result from adding NPC replacers into an existing save game where the characters have already been met.
  3. When manually changing weight, the face bug you are experiencing *can maybe* still be used by saving the game (new save, you may not want to keep the results), completely exiting the game and then reloading.  Character state is one of those things that Skyrim doesn't completely wipe the slate for between save/load events -- complete restart of the game is necessary here.  This may return them to what you expect -- or it may not.  Depends on how the mod was made.  Note: you may also be able to "disable" and then "enable" them via console to get the results you want.  It might take disable/enable, then save and restart to get it to finally stick.
  4. Failing anything else, you can find the mod you want the results from and then see in MO2's left pane if anything is overwriting it, and if so, change that load order.

TY for the response this gives me an idea on where to start looking. Much appreciated!

Archived