Stretching shadow from npc

Ryabchick

Hi. I notice that some npc, which are using converted armor (converting armor, i simply open the necessary outfit, delete baseshape, add reference (CosioHD), press crtl+shift+c, copy bone weights after selecting all pieces of armor except for baseshape in a spreadsheet. Then i just save it after increasing the mesh volume if its necessary), have stretching shadow, which is attached to the camera. I am using enb (v.0.315), HiPoly body from clams of skyrim mod. Is there a way to fix it somehow? As i understand, that it can be fixed by editing ini files, not sure which one though (enb series, local, skyrim pref) and what lines to modify. Or is that unfixable and should i disable all the shadows then?

enb 2020_01_01 16_15_59_02.bmp

check your Skyrim.INI for ENB and graphic settings

[Display]
fSunShadowUpdateTime=0 :stops striping becuase of sun shadow updates.
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1
fDecalLifetime=60.0000

Skyrimprefs.INI
[Display]
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=7 :Higher number stops block shadows aka staircases
fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000
fShadowDistance=2500.0000
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048 :Still a bit high for performance gaming but I like them
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
iShadowSplitCount=2
iMaxAnisotropy=1

1) Shadow resolution determines shadow quality, higher shadow resolution equals better shadow quality, though, you must not "stretch" them by using high shadow draw distances.
It goes from:
512 (low in-game settings) 1024 (medium) 2048 (high) 4096 (ultra) 8192 (above ultra, not recommended).
2) Decal lifetime sets how long some decals (such as blood splatters, effects from fire and ice magic on objects) will stay in game before disapearing. It has nothing to do with shadows.
3) Lower (or higher) anisotropic filtering is more of a graphical fidelity setting, and will not affect the detail of shadows.
4) You can set your shadows bias scale to whatever you want, but it's mostly goes like this:
fShadowBiasScale=0.1500 (lowest settings, best quality, but more shadows added to an object may result in shadow glitches)
fShadowBiasScale=0.3000 to 0.8000 (average settings with average quality to avoid shadows glitches)
fShadowBiasScale=1.0000 (higher settings to remove most of the shadow glitches on objects by adding less shadows to them)
fShadowBiasScale=1.5000 (highest settings to completley remove shadow glitches, but it makes shadows detatch from objects, like trees or characters)
fShadowBiasScale=1.6500 (setting for removing on-characters shadows from low and medium resolution shadows)
You can feel free to set your bias scale anywere from 0.1500 to 1.5000 to suit your needs.

I am sure your shadow issue is caused about issues in settings of your Skyrimprefs.INI and/or Skyrim.INI

Alternative make a backup of your Skyrimprefs.INI and/or Skyrim.INI and create it new and check if issue persist.

Archived